Online CCM Update (Patch)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Oct 16, 2012.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

The newest patch released by EA will be applied to Online CCM's on the 19th. For a list of things addressed in the patch you can go here.

Schemes - With the new update you will finally be able to change your team/coach's scheme. Since the previous schemes were broken and very generic, I think it would be a good idea to allow everyone to update their scheme to what they actually want it to be.

For offense, I think this should match your playbook and probably will not change much. On defense, this should still match your playbook, but many teams have "spread" as their scheme so changing that to what it actually should be will be allowed.

Playbooks - These will remain the same through this season. Once the season is over, teams will have the opportunity to change their playbooks (and schemes).

Player Editing - I'm not sure to what depth this will be enabled (if at all) for existing dynasties. However, if you are able to edit, anything more than the player's # will not be allowed. Personally, I'm fine with banning all player editing for simplicity's sake, but I can see the desire to change a player's number when you sign a player or trade for them.

Accelerated Clock - I'd like to change to longer quarter lengths with accelerated clock. I will be testing this when it is unveiled in a newly created league to see what the best possible solution is. I welcome feedback from you guys as well.

Sliders - As of right now the sliders seem very good and not much tweaking has been needed since we started. However, we may notice an increase in difficulty as the sliders were supposed to have been tuned in this update. I will monitor this and makes changes as necessary. Just keep in mind that one game is not a big sample size and that any changes we make will not be wholesale (meaning not all at once). I prefer to make gradual changes and to test the effects before making more substantial changes. I'll also be following other leagues on here and collecting feedback from other commissioners to see what changes are being made and the effects they are noticing as well.

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up and let you know what to expect regarding this update going forward. Thanks!

coachgaddy, MarkyMark67, OzcarL, Futuriistiics, Jbbubba, krtgolfing, Reallyrill, lilaaddzz , LLCoolGrey, YungLew15, Richard hunter, bigtubb_, fpuent, Jshaver, Big John, jeb4056, AveryB, Ninersfan80, wayers50, Crunk_Ness, Jeremy slicknick202, thoov08, woodsmall, Cole Copeland, Crumbler81, MiaFLSurf

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  2. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

Just a note...Online CCM's won't get Scheme changes until Oct 19th.

Also, there's a glitch with player editing. I wouldn't touch them if i were you. When you attempt to change them they either get really skinny or really fat.

Sliders work well now supposedly

3. majesty95

Nobody should change player appearance. #'s are the only thing that should be changed, if anything. No other player editing should be touched.

• Like Like x 1
  4. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Longer quarters with accel clock on... Uh oh....

5. majesty95

What's that mean? lol

6. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

It will be the same amount of time if not shorter...15 seconds shaved off a play is a LOT of time over the duration of a game, and you will definitely feel the difference compared to now. If you look at NCAA 13 and look at how slow the play clock is during play selection, you'll see why games take so long to play

• Like Like x 1
  7. majesty95

We don't want the games going over an hour if possible. However, we could potentially get in more plays in the same amount of time with accelerated clock. Also, having less time to hot route and audible could keep the game more organic.

• Like Like x 1
  8. majesty95

All of the updates took effect today.

You can now change your team scheme MORE... > Strategy > Scemes. If you edit your scheme you MUST change it on your Team Management page. It also MUST coincide with your team's playbooks. Playbook MAY NOT be changed until the offseason.

You ARE NOT allowed to edit anything besides the player's jersey number. Any change to the jersey number MUST be posted in your Team Management page. During the offseason we may allow players to move positions (ie OLB to DE if switching from 3-4 to 4-3, etc) but not changes may be made until then. Editing ANYTHING other than a player's jersey number without explicit permission from me or your league president will be grounds for IMMEDIATE removal from the league.

I am testing sliders and game clock/accel clock in another dynasty. We probably won't change the game clock until the offseason but may tweak the sliders slightly since they have been "tuned". I'm noticing a huge impact but it seems as though the CPU has gotten worse, lol. I will be making the CPU MUCH tougher to play, just FYI. These should not be automatic beat downs.