Online Dynasty - Early discussion on content

Discussion in 'Heisman Hopefuls' started by bravejaf, Jul 11, 2013.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

User content is one thing that separates TSO leagues from other places. Each person will be required to actively participate on the forums in team and league specific content.

Team specific content (each user will be required to create a post on his team for these items)
    * Game summaries - I do not require detailed write-ups for all games, but please try to post a short summary on each game. For user vs user games the winner is required to write the summary and I expect more detail in those summaries.
    * Recruiting board - I will create a spreadsheet for each team and you will need to fill in the sheet with your players' information. I also want to see a lot of discussion on this topic. Did your team sign the top player at his position or find an under the radar gem? Feel free to make this fact known to your fellow managers.
    * Season previews - At the start of each season there will be a thread to talk about the upcoming season. Please post details on your expectations for the upcoming season, highlight key matchups and talk about some of your impact players.

League content (I will look for volunteers for these items)
    * Heisman watch
    * Offensive and defensive MVP's
    * Freshman of the year
    * Power rankings
    * Recruiting blog - focus will be on the top recruits and their eventual destination
    * Bowl watch and bowl preview
    * Conference blogs - I'd like to have one user for each conference
    * Highlight reel - this would require users to submit highlight videos and someone would compile the videos

I also have some content that I will contribute to the dynasty, probably more on the stats side since I have some knowledge of spreadsheets. I am also looking for other ideas on content. One idea I have is highlighting key games and having each user predict the winners. There likely would not be any prizes involved since that would be very tough to manage.

• Like Like x 2
  2. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

I can do Power Rankings (I asume this is for User controlled teams, as the BCS already has the top 25), also willing to do a Heisman Watch....

3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I can do Freshman of the Year, and/or also would be willing to do a conference blog of whichever conference I go to.

4. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I can do the recruiting blog.

5. boil16

boil16 Walk On

I can prob do a conference blog if needed.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

This is a spreadsheet I created for T1 last year - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgnIZBkpwQCBdHFISk0xREVpLV9VN2UwM3B0Z1NEMHc#gid=8

I have done something similar for T1 and T3 the past couple of NCAA releases, and I will also create something similar for our league. The formula and amounts do not have any specific value but it is good to track the progress of quarterbacks and users.

I will likely make extensive changes to the formula before we start the season.

7. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Anyone been working on making League Avatars??

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

This is a good idea but I don't really have the skills to make good looking avatars. I'm not sure if this is something xGRIDIRONxGURUx could help with, since he seems to have some graphic design expertise.