"Online Dynasty Error"

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Corey Haggard, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I'm getting an error when I try to load the Dynasty. "Unable to continue the Online Dynasty at this time. Please try again later."

I have finished pre-season, so I'll try again after week one advance. If still getting error, I may need to rejoin or something.

I have no idea why this is happening, its a first. I never save the file, I remember the problems from last year and we aren't allowed to save the files in 1st and 10 either.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Not good. Hopefully its just a server thing.

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I think it is a server issue. I think I encountered a similar message last night, I hit retry and it worked.

4. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I don't think it's server because my other Dynasty worked, and have hit retry a bunch. I have high hopes that whatever the issue is it will resolve after advance.

5. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

If you leave the dynasty and comeback do not remake your coach the old one should still be there.

6. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'm having the same problem

7. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Did you get preseason done yet?

8. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

No I couldn't get on at all, Dru did all my offseason stuff. It's weird because since I got fired, you and I are the "new" guys for season 3 and we're the ones who can't get on

9. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Good point.

Well, I still have hopes that we'll be fine after advance. Worst case scenario, Dru kicks us out and we rejoin.

10. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Moral of the story: Don't get fired! ;)

Kapono

11. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

I can't get in now either

12. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Same thing is happening to me....not sure what's up.

13. Dru50

Well, I'm stumped. I've deleted everything related to NCAA on my Xbox but an still having the same error. Everyone make sure you don't have a version of the file saved (which you should NEVER do), and I'll try again tonight if I get home early enough.

Best case, we are delayed a day getting this resolved. Worst case, the file is FUBAR.

14. Dru50

Actually, if anyone has a saved file don't delete it yet. Let me know if you have one and how far back it goes. Unfortunately I'm hearing that there is no fix to this and the only recovery option is to reload from an old save.

15. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

16. Dru50

I can get in the file through the Wire but not on the console. Unfortunately I can't transfer commish rights via the web.

Zach can try and see if he can get into the file using my info tonight I guess. If he can he can try and get us to week 1.

Im going to play poker tonight and won't be around until late PST if at all.

17. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

no I would just freeze up anytime I was in the OD and did anything other than played my game / recruit

I probably could have saved the file if I was not an idiot, Shaun gave me instructions but I effed' them up ....

18. gowazzucougs

Dru50

I have a saved file, and got into the dynasty fine.

19. Dru50

What stage is your saved file at? Preseason?

20. Dru50

No - moral of the story is guys need to be present for the offseason or find a stand-in who isn't the commish. The only thing that I can think of that happened last night that could have caused this was me bouncing back and forth doing Kapono' offseason as well as my own. Zach did it for Neal in season 1 with no issues, so I can only think something about having the Xbox that the commish is also logged in on is the culprit somehow.

21. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I also have a preseason version saved. I think...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  22. gowazzucougs

yep

23. Dru50

Well, then we can at least try the fix and see if it doesn't F everyone's scouting except yours I guess, assuming Zach can't get into the file using my gamertag. If he can he can try switching himself to commish, schedule, advance and then boot/reinvite me in week 1.

If Zach can't get in, here is what needs to happen - EVERYONE RETIRE FROM THE DYNASTY ASAP. Once everyone is retired, I will retire from the console (hopefully that works). Once the dynasty is gone, Cougs can re-launch the file and reinvite everyone during the preseason stage.

gowazzucougs
    recchem2000
    Wyrmreaver
    whygodwhy1111
    MexiRican35
    Jayrah
    Kapono
    Corey Haggard
    SatansAngel1104
    Boom29
    Cheez

I'll check my phone from my poker game tonight to try and keep in the loop and will advise if I'll be home tonight at some point.

BTW - this freaking sucks....for all those morons who keep wishing for a 117 user ncaa online dynasty, take a look at this. EA can't get a 12 user OD to work consistently, so let's add 105 more users to the mix....yeah, that's a GREAT idea.

24. gowazzucougs

Zach is out fishing

25. Dru50

You want to try? You can't do it until later as I'm playing games with my kids at the moment.