Online Dynasty is currently unavailable?????

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Goose, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Goose

Goose Walk On

Is anyone else getting this message right now? Luckily I had just finished and uploaded my victory over Akron.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Not aware of it. I'll look in a few. Probably a server thing.

And get an avatar already :oops:

3. Goose

Goose Walk On

Better, I can't ever get the Dynasty website to work.

4. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

Im getting the same message.

5. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

its still not up

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The Ea boards are blowing up about this. No reply yet from the geeks. I'll keep an eye on it.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

yeah its ps3 only. i can access dynasty with the 360 but not the ps3.

8. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Haha, love the new avatar, Arch'.

9. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Any word on this?

10. bdub

bdub Walk On

Looks like its back up now.

11. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

sweet

12. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Are we still on the Thursday / Sunday advance schedule or a 3 day advance schedule? Couldn't get my game in last night due to dynasty servers being down and was wondering if I should rush it right after work or if I have time to play later tonight.

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I don't think we ever actually decided anything. I'm certainly not going to make a guy take a sim over something we didn't make into a rule yet. Do whatcha gotta do. I'll wait.

14. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I would say let him play it tonight and we advance after that point. I agree with you Arch we shouldn't force a sim without discussing the new rule. I happen to like the 3 day advance times...we seem to be filling in the gaps with a nice amount of content.

15. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I wasn't a fan at first, but I agree, Easy. There's been no need to talk about emergencies, postponements, etc. because there's still so much time to work around all that. Plus, the participation on the board has been good inbetween advances. Keep in mind that with all the user games this season, this advance schedule will make it a lot easier to schedule games.

I'll always be a bit antsy to play when my life isn't hectic, but I think the wait is worth it.

Thoughts?

16. TD351

TD351 Walk On

One suggestion for weekend advances- if we could try to advance on Saturday nights it would help people that are gone a lot on weekends since there would not be a week that was played from Fri-Sun- if you will be gone for the weekend you could probably play on thursday and monday- since weekends are when most people are most likely to be gone, and this would allow others to play two weeks per weekend (Sat,Sun) if they are home (instead of one week covering the entire weekend)- just a thought, but a Wed/Sat advance may work better than a Thurs/Sunday in this case.

17. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I find that I am not "worried" about getting my games in..and I am in the middle of a playoff run in high school football. I still find enough time at night twice a week to slip in a nice game.

18. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

+1
    I didn't think of it that way but that seems like a win/win situation. If you like playing on the weekends great! You can play saturday morning and sunday if you choose. If you want to avoid the weekends great! You can play Monday or Tuesday, and then Wednesday, or Thursday. Seems like a really strong idea that won't really affect any of us to radically.

19. TD351

TD351 Walk On

And if you anchor the Saturday advance you may be able to occasionally mix in a 3 advance week if it goes like this:

advance on saturday and everyone has played by monday night
    advance on monday and push the wed advance back to thursday

so it could be Sat/Wed normally
    and Sat/Mon/Thurs (for some weeks) if people are getting done quickly

20. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think Tom is a fucking genius.

Forgive the f-bomb. I use them sparingly, but when a good idea comes along, I like to add a little emphasis to my thoughts on it.

If we could draw up a quick explanation of this, something that would clear up any confusion, I think this setup might work out nicely. It gives us the option of moving at a faster clip, without the times when it doesn't happen being viewed as someone "holding us up." I dig it. I really fucking dig it.

21. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Nice, thanks!

22. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

I like it too.. And I'll be getting most of my stuff done tonight. Recruiting and playing my game most importantly.

23. bdub

bdub Walk On

Coming from someone who got their game simmed because they had plans on the weekend, I think this idea is perfect.

24. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Word it like this. Advance days will be Saturday and Wednesday. If everyone is done early the league will advance early there will be a minimum of three days between hard advances but no minimum between early advances.

For example: If the league advances on a Saturday and everyone plays there game before the end of the day Sunday the league would advance again and the next advance would be the scheduled Wednesday (three days from Sunday.) If everyone then completed their games Tuesday night the league would advance but the next advance would be Saturday, since Wednesday would only be one day and not meet the required three day minimum for hard advance.

Something like that make sense?

25. bdub

bdub Walk On

Makes perfect sense to me.