Online Franchise Impressions: Pastapadre

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Online Franchise Impressions: Pastapadre

PastaPadre's impressions

A good read so far. One thing I'm annoyed with is the game speed. When on "Slow" the game is much better. Why it would be any different online is beyond me. We'll delve into features a bit more this weekend, but take a look and post what you think.

2. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

"There is no preseason and there are no sliders to be adjusted."

I didn't know that. That sucks, royally.

3. Mags

Yeah, that's been out there for a while.

I'm curious to see how the offseason works. Since you have to wait 1 hr between weekly sims, it'll take a while before someone sims ahead enough to see the damn thing.

4. gt86

gt86 Walk On

That and the game speed could be a huge problem

why in the hell would they make the online game play faster than the offline game and not give you a option to change it. People are going to be playing the game offline to get use to it , then you just go and change the speed for online makes no sense to me.

5. gt86

gt86 Walk On

Just seen we have two choices for rosters, so there's no way to bring over carry over players or use custom rosters if Ea gets lazy and doesn't update the rosters for Week 1

that sucks :(

6. Mags

Yeah, I've known that for a while as well. EA does update rosters way more on the consoles than the PC, especially early on. We'll have some opening day rosters to start with. Keep in mind, we aren't 'starting' right away. I want to kick the tires a bit to establish rules, etc. We still have the sal cap stuff to work out as well.

We've known we were going to lose a lot of functionality. I'm going to see how much I can do once I can get into it on the PS3. Wasn't up last night when I was trying.

As for the speed, that seems to be a major gripe. I'll say this, having played both, the 'slow' speed which is the default for regular games is GREAT.

7. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

SO would dropping the skill level to pro, in a franny reduce that game speed or does that change everying all over agian. I know that EA's stated solution to people who didnt like the slaower speed was tpo bump the difficulty level to get a faster experience, does it work going backwards? or would lowering OF difficulty to PRO result in 75-74 games?

8. gt86

gt86 Walk On

knowing Ea's track record yes :)