Online Game speed and Routers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BlkNGld, Aug 2, 2012.

1. BlkNGld

BlkNGld Walk On

So, now that I have completed my first online game in several years (great game Bpick)...couple of questions...

1) Noticed that the game speed online much slower than playing offline. Not unbearable or anything, and didn't notice any real choppiness, just slower. Is that a normal thing? Just want to make sure I am not doing something wrong.

2) I am using a bit older Buffalo Airstation wireless router to get the signal to my PS3. It is located in the basement and has to make it up one floor and past the foundation to the addition where the PS3 is located. I have been pondering trying to update the router to see if I can get better speeds. Does anyone have any recommendations?

2. B-PICK-1

B-PICK-1 Walk On

I have always played a lot of online games and there is always a noticable difference between playing the computer and playing online. I thought it seemed pretty good the other day when we were playing so I don't think there is anything wrong with your router.

3. BlkNGld

BlkNGld Walk On

Thanks for letting me know! Like I said, didn't really impact anything, just was something I noticed. My router is about 9 years old so if it still good, great!! :)

4. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

Well, the settings for the dynasty also has the game speed set to slow... Boooooooo.....

5. BlkNGld

BlkNGld Walk On

Ahhhhhh....that could be some of what I was noticing...just thought my line hit McDonalds a little too much the night before!