Archived OOTP 12 vs OOTP 13 Poll

Discussion in 'The Sandlot - The Show '15 OL' started by BobJr, Mar 21, 2012.

?

Which version of Out of the Park do you want to use?

1. OOTP 12

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. OOTP 13

16 vote(s)
    88.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Hey TCBL!

We are definitely getting down to crunch time for our league, and opening day is right around the corner!! With that said we wanted to gauge the league on which OOTP to use. I wanted to list some of the pros and cons of each.

Pros of OOTP 12
    • It's cheaper ($19.99)
    Cons of OOTP 12

• Only uses 2011 MLB Rosters. Using this version would make us update every single minor league team and major league team. There is not a roster to download, we would have to do it manually.
    • Creating rosters would push back our start date
    • Does not include the new playoff system, or the Astros move to the AL west.
    • Storylines are not as immersive
    Pros of OOTP 13
    • 2012 Major League rosters, along with rule changes introduced by the new major league labor agreement, including Houston's AL West move in 2013 and a second wild card team in each major league, starting with the 2013 playoffs.
    • Real-Time Simulation Mode, which gives you a GM's view on what's happening in your league in real-time, including scores of games in progress, notifications of important events, and more. You can even jump into any game and watch it play out, or take the reins of your club.
    • As you'll see in one of our Road to Release articles, Real-Time Simulation Mode is perfect for those final days of the season when playoff berths are on the line.
    • Interactive Storylines also offer greater immersion by giving you choices when situations arise. Do you punish a star player who behaves badly or do you ignore his antics? No two decisions are ever alike, and they have wide-ranging effects on injuries, fan interest, team chemistry, player morale, player ratings, player potential, owner attitudes, and much more.
    • A revamped pitching model that more accurately reflects pitching in the real world, where close to 90% of pitchers are typically drafted as starters and later become relievers for various reasons. The new pitching model brings with it a host of positive changes that we'll discuss in depth in Road to Release.
    • You can now create Associations with multiple leagues that may share certain rules, free agents, draft pools, and/or playoffs. And speaking of playoffs: OOTP 13 features more custom playoff options, including, for example, first round byes.
    • We've also overhauled the interface in OOTP 13, enhanced online league play, improved the core gameplay engine, and more.
    • Release April 9th.
    Cons of OOTP13

• Its $39.99
    I am sure Emmdotfrisk and ryty32 can add a little more to this conversation.
    Remember it is not a requirement to buy OOTP. But keep in mind there might be a few limitations to not owning the game. The executive team will have to do roster moves for you if you do not have the resources to purchase this game.
    Please vote!
    Emmdotfrisk
    ryty32
    sdid22
    _MG_
    G_T_G
    cadepetty247
    controllerabuser
    County5
    Blackattack87
    soxandgators
    CeeGee
    PepperNY
    pitt4life21
    NDCOLTS1979
    KnightNoles
    HAL9100
    MoonBBad
    BigSmooth33
    cp0990

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

damn those cons of '12... another 40 outta the pocket

• Like Like x 1
  3. KnightNoles

Some of the Pros for '13 really don't relate to the on console league though. Having to wait for the rosters to be updated on '12 is a meh when The Show will release Opening Day when they are ready.

From a GM management purpose for TCBL $20 is much more reasonable unless your going to use '13 to its full potential outside of TCBL

4. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I'm new to this whole thing so I'll just be a lemming and follow the majority... So I'm with Noles...

5. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Yea theres just not a way to use MLB 12 rosters..unless we manually move everything. So going with 13 would be a better option as far as the executive teams time.

And as far as getting the league started. It might take us a month longer to fix all the rosters for OOTP 12..and that is just speculation

• Like Like x 1
  6. KnightNoles

Yea, that was the main reason for the "damn" in post #2... that would take a lot of time

7. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I agree. I am not planning on using OOTP very much outside of TCBL. $20 is much more reasonable to me because of that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I would rather save you(admin team) the time and spend an extra 20 dollars for the '13 OOTP. I know a lot of work has to be done, I appreciate when I am helped in HK so I will return the favor and try to save you guys some time.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Updating the entire minor/major league system would require about 4,000 player updates. I'm for 13.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    +1

This is already a league that is going to be very work heavy for the executive team. I'd hate to put you guys in a position to add to that. That plus all the other pros are going to push me towards OOTP 13. I'll add one thing though. This purchase of OOTP 13 doesn't necessarily put us in the position of buying the updated OOTP every year. OOTP 13 could be used for next year's TCBL with MLB The Show 13 as well. Hell, with the way this league works, we could even probably pick up where we left off for MLB 13.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Not to mention Advil and a possible divorce....jk

• Like Like x 1
  12. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    For 20 bucks it's worth. I mean remember its a requirement to purchase it.

13. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

ill chip in whatever to get "13 Lets do it!

14. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I already bought 12 but have no problems getting 13. Thats if i make it out of detroit. Damn this place is a craphole

• Like Like x 1
  15. CeeGee

CeeGee Block-O-Nation

13' it is.

Way too much work for the Exec team to update 12'

16. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Even with all the cons, I voted for '12.

40 dollars for something I will never use outside of TCBL is a steep price for a college kid with no job. From my point of view, I would rather put in the time and fix 12 than throw down 40 for something I could get for half price. That is my reasoning.

I need beer money. I guess I am in the minority, I will probably not buy it and mooch off of ryty32 or soxandgators

• Like Like x 1
  17. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Without a question I will spend $40 on 2013.

18. soxandgators

MG I will be your 2nd brother on tso bro I got you.:)

• Like Like x 1
  19. NDCOLTS1979

Who let this mofo in smh lol

20. Blackattack87

Blackattack87 First In Last Out

I vote for 13. Makes it easier on Management.

• Like Like x 1
  21. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Who hasn't voted?!

22. soxandgators

Its so nice to be in the NL East.

23. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Whoa whoa whoa... Watch it... I personally love it there, was born and raised there, and could guarantee to show you and your family a fantastic and safe time.

There are much worse throughout the US... Starting with anything in Ohio. No offense though.

Yes, I went there, even though it seems like 80% of TSO is from the state.

Just never like to see my home town shit on. Especially if I can't get a chance to show off the good and positive.

• Like Like x 2
  24. NDCOLTS1979

That maybe true but where i am working at on these apartments lets just say its exactly what i said it was. I have no time to probably see the finer side of Detroit as i am on a time constraint right now as it is trying to get 140 apartments in shape to pass an inspection by friday. Didn't mean to diss the entire city but where i am it is a craphole for sure. I am not on vacation here and my family isn't with me which i am very glad cause where i am working i wouldn't take my worst enemy with me well maybe take soxandgators with jk lol

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  25. NDCOLTS1979

I bet it is and i will enjoy making u call me ur daddy :p

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.