OOTP 14

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by Drifterbub, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    What is the plan for the new game? Will we be continuing our league as is or starting over at the current (real life) season?

2. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I think its just continuing

3. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yep, just going to roll 'er over into next year's game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Yeah the league we have now we are carrying over into 14.

There was some talk of adding a new league as well, but not to sure on if that is happening or not.

5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Yeah, we are going to continue with the current file. It really takes away a lot of the strategy if you cannot do a legitimate 4 year rebuild for some teams who have no shot as it stands on opening day of 2013. By restarting when a new title comes out, there is no way to rebuild in probably the 10 max seasons you can get in. Plus, it's a lot of fun watching your prospects develop through your organization, building consistent winners and seeing new all-time greats.

Josh did allude to the fact that I would really love a second league, and one that restarts every time a new game comes out. In my opinion the best way to do that would be to do a historical decade. For instance when OOTP '14 starts, we play in the 40's. When '15 comes out, the 90's. Something like that. Unfortunately, we would need someone to run it and server space. Also... the problem with that is that the drafts are pretty much meaningless and most guys will be in win now mode because there isn't a quick rebuild.

Another alternative would be to add a parallel league to The Dugout. Which would give more jobs and allow for more GM's and of course allow for people who get bored with their team, the opportunity to switch. It would run in the same universe, just a different league. Free Agents could go between the 2 leagues, and draft pools would be shared. Think the Japanese (Nippon) League, or even a small town fictional league.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Are you limited by manager slots? I think it would be neat for people to manage rookie league teams or something.

7. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

The only problem is that you have no control over when your guys get called up which kinda sucks after a while. We were actually thinking about running a separate historical league starting in the early 90's, it just never quite got off the ground.

8. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

If so I can Bravos!!! Maddux. Glavine, Smoltz, Jones!! Yes Please haha!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I NEED the Tigers... Cecil, Deer, Tettleton, Incavaglia.. Gullickson and Wells?!?!?

10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Haha that's the team that got me into the Braves. I went to a game in St. Louis where Greg Maddux threw a 1 hitter, and fell in love with those mid 90's teams from there. I don't even know what other team I'd want to pick. Anybody but JFace907 's Indians probably :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

I grew up in Atlanta in the mid/early 90s so me and my dad went to plenty of those games!!

12. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Man you couldn't handle Baerga, Lofton, Thome, Belle, and ManRam!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

14. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Who wins the series clincing game 1-0? I mean really?!

15. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

WOW no vizquel ?

16. PAgamer07

Well why not just add a second league in this universe like I mentioned earlier? That would allow for expansion.

Also... stay tuned for details on the World Baseball Classic starting this spring training :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. sonn

sonn Walk On

You do realize with you at the helm they'll all suffer career ending injuries.

• Like Like x 2
  18. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Those guys plus Andruw Jones, Andres Galaragga, Fred McGriff, Eddie Lopez, Javier Lopez and Marquise Grissum made me the braves fan I am today. It hurt to see Bobby go and it hurt even worse when Chipper hung up his cleats but the world turns and ill always stick with them. I'd really like to kick Ted Turner in the balls though lol

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  19. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Fred McGriff = favorite Brave ever. Those 90's-early 2000's teams were awesome.

20. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Yea we were solid and another thing fuck the yankees!!! I swear if it wasn't for them we couldve won more titles. The twins series killed me as a little kid.

21. PAgamer07

Bunch of Braves fags

• Like Like x 3
  22. sonn

sonn Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  23. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

This one picture sums up the 1991 World Series

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  24. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Yada, yada, yada

25. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

What a performance... He carried his balls around in a wheel barrel that day...