OOTP Discussions Archive

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by Fiddy14, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

hey guys, im obviously new here so i dont know if anyone here plays the OOTP Baseball series.

i played it here and there on my PC off and on over the years, but never in an online league. now, it looks like that is very easy to do this year in OOTP 13.

here is what a league site looks like..
    http://osdkootp.com/game/lgreports/leagues/league_100_home.html

i bet the admins can make that show up here just like they do for the NCAA Dynasty pages etc.

the pre-order price is $34.99 until 2/15.. if you pre-order you will also receieve the game 3 days early. its schedule to release in early April.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/newsletters/nl0087/

i figured post this now and see what kind of interest we will have, i will update the list below when people post they will be interested. then about 2 or 3 weeks prior to the release of the game, i will setup a confirmation thread, for those guys interested to confirm there spot in the league.

i have just have grown tired of MLB 2K's efforts year after year, and i sold my ps3 twice now in past 4 years, so no MLB The Show for me either.

sorry for the rant, if you are interested please post below, if you have any ideas to add post them as well.

thanks..

TSO OOTP 13 League Interest
    1. Fiddy14

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Take a look at our TCBL plans thread in tbl

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/tcbl-12-plans.70558/

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Also I am looking into hosting the reports and league hub on tso using the pages function

4. County5

County5 Practice? I mean c'mon..

Allready pre-ordered

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

would you be interested in this type of league here?

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I plan on getting OOTP and participating in Emmdotfrisk 's league.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

his league includes using MLB The Show..

this would be just OOTP Baseball and nothing else..

8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

If it is just for OOTP I am probably interested. As I am sure @reechem2000 would be as well.

A couple of questions as I have years of experience with OOTP solo and online leagues.

- Have you been a commisioner before? If so what leagues have you run?
    - Fictional or Historical?
    - What sort of advance schedule?
    - What other rules should we know about?

• Like Like x 1
  9. PAgamer07

Sorry, it's recchem2000

10. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

i have been a commish for 7 plus years of NHL/MLB/NBA/NCAA/NFL Leagues.. mainly NHL though!!

as for being a commish for OOTP Baseball, never have been.

jumping off the ship this year from console MLB gaming, bc on the the xbox obviously 2K is are only option and it stinks. tired of being let down year after year. also not worth it for me to buy another ps3 to play The Show for a few months then have it collect dust.

with that said, im up for all ideas from guys that have played in online leagues before.

i was wanting to use the actual MLB Opening Day Rosters from this up coming Season.

advanced schedule and other rules etc can be discussed and see what works out best for all involved.

Pagamer07, please post what types of leagues you have been in involving OOTP Baseball and what settings you think would work best etc.

that goes for everyone else as well, please post your experiences with this game.

11. PAgamer07

Man, where to start...

OOTP is a pretty complex undertaking and thankfully there is time to do this right.

I would take a look at some other online leagues to get an idea of their settings. Its been a good calendar year or more since I have been involved in OOTP, but like I said, Ive played in numerous online leagues and always a solo fictional league that I roll over from season to season. I've played it since 2003 or 2004, after jumping ship from Baseball Mogul. My username on the boards there is Mogulchamp.

Here is the league I was in for maybe 20 seasons. http://www.theguba.net/

Ive been in others, that have since folded or I lost interest in and were poorly run.

We used to have 36 human GMs, but now the league contracted and there are 32.

There are so many variables to consider when setting this up: Development, Advance Pace, Waivers, Financials, etc, etc.

And of course hosting for the file and the web pages the game generates.

Let's get a gauge of who else is interested, and maybe we have someone who has some experience who could assist you with this.

• Like Like x 1
  12. County5

Tentatively, yes. Have to see if my work schedule changes this spring among other things.

I don't have much experience in the online aspect, but have always been interested. The game is so deep.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  13. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

im all for someone else helping me out..

as for using the MLB Rosters, i would love to try and keep it as simple as possible, but having some depth to the experience as well.

hopefully we can get some more guys interested in this and go from there.

14. PAgamer07

Yeah, if there is more interest then Ill probably join. But I have to say current day rosters is my least favorite setup of all :(

Im willing to give it a go though.

15. County5

Historical is the way to go...start waaaay back

16. PAgamer07

My preference is:

1. Fictional
    2. Fictional Historical (Real teams, fake players)
    3. Historical starting in the 80's

17. County5

Now I'm really jonesin for some hardball

18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I might be interested in just OOTP.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PAgamer07

You ever played it Shaun? Its a great baseball game and the best GM experience of any game.

20. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

well, my reason to go with MLB Opening Day rosters was to run just one season so to speak and crown a champion. then maybe a short winter league, etc. first to worst standings wise etc for the next edition of the game etc. you have to remember, my mind set is treating this like kind of how i run my other leagues..ex, 40 to 50 game seasons, crown a champ etc, then that seasons standings ends up as draft board for following season.

being able to run multiple seasons etc and even use old time seasons as a starting point is all new to me and a few guys i know will sign up down the line.

but like i said, im down for anything bc this is all new to me.

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    It's been at least 7 years on PC, but I have it on my iPhone.

• Like Like x 1
  22. PAgamer07

Heck No. If we're doing this my vote is for full 162 game season, as long as interest is there and as many seasons as possible through multiple generations of the game with the same league.

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

This...I would be interested, don't care if we go historical or fictional. I've playing the game a long time so I have some experience with it. Not interested in current MLB rosters really as they will turn fictional over time anyways. If we are gonna do historical, we might as well start some years back otherwise we'll run into the same problem.

The league I used to run would sim 15 days, 3 x a week, so it moved pretty quick. I would imagine we could do at least that hear, depending on what everyone was looking for.

24. PAgamer07

That works although we would have to alter the waivers/DFA period so this could all be done in game instead of on a forum or something.

But yes, Im with you. If Im investing my time into building a team, I want to make sure the league lasts a long time. Especially if I decide to tear it all down for draft picks. And Im a big stat/history nerd. Anything less than 162 games mean any records or stats are meaningless as far as Im concerned.

Im just wondering how many people would be interested. Still not worth it IMO if there are just 5 people.

25. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

No need more than 5 for sure to make it any fun...16 would be good, set up like the MLB maybe, historical teams, fictional players starting way back could be cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.