1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    So, OOTP16 is going to have an actual MLB license, looks like. Also got this today in the mail:

New Features

OOTP 16's full list of new and improved features include:

2015 Opening Day Rosters

The brand new 2015 roster sets will include all Opening Day MLB rosters, via a free update released shortly after Opening Day, as well as the complete minor league system down to the rookie leagues. All major league (and certain minor league) player ratings are based on Baseball Prospectus' industry-leading player forecasting system, PECOTA. The thousands of remaining minor league players will be rated manually by OOTP's established research team.

New international and independent leagues added
    Last year, OOTP 15 introduced seven international leagues in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Mexico, Cuba, Italy and The Netherlands. This year, OOTP 16 will add the Australian Baseball League to that list, along with several independent leagues in the US and Japan. All of those leagues will feature real rosters, with countless hours of work invested in researching realistic player biographical information, statistics, and ratings.

New team owner goals

The new team owner will give short- and long-term goals, which may include: winning the World Series within X seasons; fixing a certain weakness on the roster; extending the contract of a star player; and much more. Players' abilities to meet those goals not only decides if they'll be fired but also determines if their contract will be extended at a higher salary, another new feature added this year. (The "cannot be fired" option will still exist in OOTP 16.)

Improved team finances and reporting

The team finance system has been redesigned, including new season ticket sales, a team finances screen based on widgets, a new accounting screen, and much more.

Completely redesigned manager and coaches system
    Managers and coaches will have certain personalities and special skills or preferences, which will result in plenty of interesting choices. Managerial choices will include easy-going stat-heads and hard-nosed veterans, while some pitching coaches will excel at working with power pitchers and others will be better suited at overseeing finesse pitchers.

Recoded team strategy system
    Players will be able to set their teams' in-game strategies faster and easier than ever before, but if they play in GM-only mode, they may find that some managers won't allow certain strategies to be dictated.

Better playoff coverage
    A new Pennant Chase screen will display the strength of the remaining schedule and the chance for each team to make the playoffs. The related news coverage was also improved.

Improved 3D ball flight

OOTP 15 introduced support for 3D stadiums and realistic 3D ball flight, which was a big step-up for the series. OOTP 16 improves on that 3D presentation and will include great-looking 3D models of all 30 MLB ballparks.

Much more
    • New play modes (Manager only, GM only, and GM + Manager)
    • An improved simulation engine that incorporates the latest research and trends, such as infield shifts and pitcher usage
    • Rainouts with automatic rescheduling (including double-headers), adding the realism that comes with rain-shortened and cancelled games
    • Better in-game sound effects
    • An enhanced interface, such as a player info pop-up when resting the mouse pointer over a button which links to a player, or automatic syncing between lineups and depth charts when making changes to either of them.
    • A new Find-A-Player feature: Define certain criteria (ratings, stats, salary etc.) and find the right player
    • Recoded All-Star Game features with real voting (including online league support)
    • Realistic OOTP Hall of Fame selection process, including simulated voting and new stats like JAWS, HoF Standards, Black & Grey Ink Tests
    • More player awards
    • Better playoff history tracking, including career playoff stats for all real players in the database and playoff leaderboards
    • Alternate currencies (Euro, Pounds Sterling, Yen, etc.)
    • The option to define background pictures for teams and leagues
    • And even more: Additional new features will be announced between now and when the game ships in March.

Oh, and some screenies:
    OOTP16_manager_screen.jpg OOTP16_meet_the_team.jpg OOTP16_start_screen.jpg OOTP16_yankee_stadium.jpg

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    I love that "Meet the Team" home page although I wish there was a screen of the "Front Office" tab. Sounds like some exciting new features. Perhaps time to restart the file?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'm not sure if everyone would be into a reboot, but I think running a league with managers, scouts, etc. would be fun.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I agree, I'm sure a large majority wouldnt want to reboot. I wish there was a way to clean up the file though.

5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

As a veteran of OOTP (I ultimately dont care what the decision is) coaches and scouts are a bad idea for an online league. #1 teams with more money get an even larger advantage as they can not only get the best free agents, but now, the best coaches and scouts. #2 the scouting system in OOTP is very random. A "scout find" of a superstar talent can essentially throw the league's balance very much out of whack.

On the topic at hand.. I am definitely excited that they are redoing the financial model. It has been one of the most neglected items since the game was created.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Yeah the finances and new team owner goals both sound much improved.

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Meh, real baseball doesn't have parity, I don't care if my virtual baseball does.:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. PAgamer07

Haha. I dont care either way. I just know that there are some people here whose panties are easily bunched. Try telling that to them when someone "scout finds" a player better than anyone that's ever been drafted. Also.. it does add more time to the offseason IIRC.

Im just giving you the cons. Not trying to talk anyone out of anything FYI

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Haha, I know. I have no plans to do anything, I'm not in charge of The Dugout.:) I just think if we DID reboot, it would fun to mix it up a bit.

You know I don't care about bunched panties.:)

As far as the scouting thing goes, drafting is such a crap shoot anyway, it can't be that much worse.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I'd love a reboot. New game sounds sick.

11. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Do I smell two TSO leagues?

• Like Like x 1
  12. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

New OOTP looks great. Skipped on 2015 but might have to pick up 2016

13. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

As a baseball fan this looks amazing, when is the release date? I would definitely be interested.

14. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    That reads like one of the biggest updates they've done in a long time. Very impressed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I think getting that mlb license was huge for them.

• Like Like x 2
  16. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I've become so attached to my team I probably wouldn't want to restart...but, I'd be interested in a second league if we ever went that route.

• Like Like x 1
  17. moshingpenguin

moshingpenguin Walk On

i preordered 16 already, was like this as soon as I saw the email:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Dibs on the Rays :)

19. moshingpenguin

moshingpenguin Walk On

shoot dibs on the padres!

20. PAgamer07

Pfft. Rays gonna blow this year. Although not as bad as Baltimore.

21. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

This looks AWESOME!!!!! I'm definitely interested in a new league! I need to destroy the current Cleveland Indians. Getting tired of destroying made up ones

• Like Like x 1
  22. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

23. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I wouldn't mind a restart

24. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

I'll be getting 16.

I would probably do a restart but don't think I have time for a 2nd league.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Lou

Lou Walk On

excited for 16....I'm cool with restart...or 2 leagues...either way, I'm IN!