Open spot in TT II - The Deuce

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Drifterbub, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Open spot in TT II - The Deuce

We have an open spot in the SEC conference in our league. If you are interested you can post here, but keep a few things in mind.

TT II is a premier league, meaning that only proven members are allowed to apply.

This is not an "I'll take it" opening. This is more of an application process. I've worked for over a year now to build a good group of guys and will be picky when considering filling a spot. Please take the time to read our league description and visit our forum before you post.

Thanks,

~ Drifter

2. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Just to let everybody know it is not the standard SEC league. Just thought i would put this out there Drifter just so anyone that is interested knows whats available.

The teams in the SEC east that would be available are:

SEC EAST
    Alabama
    Florida State
    Miami
    Florida (ask Drifter if they are)

SEC WEST --- if Drifter wants to open it up to the SEC WEST, not sure since we already have 3 user teams in here

South Carolina
    Clemson
    Pittsburgh

3. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    It will be only the East

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I would love to apply for a spot in this league. I have been an active contributor to the OFFL since last October. This season, I am currently in the E-League (their premier league) and the Team Builder league. I am looking to expand and would really enjoy the opportunity to play in this one. If I were chosen, I would like to be any of the teams that are NOT the University of Florida. My order of preference would be Florida State, Miami, Alabama. Thanks for your consideration!

Also, I am pretty sure I know the answer to this one but I didn't see it in the posted link. This dynasty has 3-day hard advances, but is like The Tradition in that if everyone is finished, it moves ahead? What happens if there is just one User-CPU game to be played, would you wait if the person gives you a time when they plan to get it in.

Thanks guys!

5. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Basis, thanks for posting. You are definitely in consideration. I've played with you in TT IV before.

To answer your Q: We don't do "hard" advances. We are a "as fast as we can go" setup. Meaning that after 72 hours if I haven't heard from you, I will advance and you will be simmed. If we all finish in four hours, I will advance then. Just as evidence of that, we are in week 9 and could quite possible move into week 10 later tonight. We also have been generating a ton of content, so it's not like we are just playing our games.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Thanks for the quick response. Basically I am asking because I usually play at least one game a day, and the other dynasties I am in are a little bit slower on the advancing to allow a little bit more laid back pace. If I can get a game in a day, or two at the latest, I should be okay I would think.

7. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

We are currently at a week a day pace. No kidding. We could push into week 10 tonight, and we didn't start the league until July 23rd.

Now we will wait for USER games to get in, because schedules can be difficult, usually 3 days is the max we will wait, sometimes 4 if it is a big game, and the league wants to see a result.

I guess one would say the League comes first. Games against the CPU should be played in a 24-48 hour window. Recruiting will always be simmed. Also, I am in only 1 league, and I think some guys may be in two, but for the most part, I think everyone is just in one league. Last year I was in three leagues for several months, but it puts a time crunch for everyone.

If you can't play a USer game because you have another USER game scheduled in another dynasty, that is a problem. Reason being, that 11 other guys have put TTII first, and they are waiting on someone else, who is playing in two other leagues.

I hope you know Im not saying you wouldn't be great for our league, I honestly have no idea, just wanted everyone to know what our league was like before asking to be considered.

We have a great group, and hated to lose Hoosier, and just want to make sure everyone has a good idea of what to expect.

Obviously Drifter is the Commish and he can tell you if Im full of shit.

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I hear ya Lawdog. By the way, what are all those shiny, crystal-looking footballs next to your username?? :D :D

9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Basis would be a solid choice. Good guy, good solid game play to top it off.

10. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    He is absolutely full of shit. However, everything he said above is pretty much how it is. It's more of a disclaimer, than a rule. There are guys in multiple dynasties (including me). As long as everyone maintains the same level of activity there won't be any conflicting interests.

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'd love to apply. But too busy, and going on a vacation soon... AND in a premier league already,but it's great for whoever gets it. I really wish I could be in a league that advances that quickly (in addition to the T1, not trying to bad mouth you guys)

12. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

As a member of the TTII... i can tell you it is fast-paced but a ton of fun.... i am in other dynastys but the TTII comes first..... i schedule my other ones around it.... Drifter, close this up and get Basis in there... we know he is a good dude, why make him wait... feed the new meat to the Lions...... ask Graves about how well he has done as the new guy...... does he have a user win yet?

[​IMG]

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I agree. Basis, post your gamertag and if you have read and don't have any problems, questions or concerns with our rules then welcome aboard. Go ahead and pick your team from the ones I have listed.

14. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

GT: Basis4aDay56
    Team: Florida State

Thanks for having me guys! Sounds like a lot of fun, and just what I am looking for.

Also, if Drifter can get the invite out by 10:40am eastern (its only like 20 minutes hah), I can hop on and play my game before work.

15. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

ouch!! And I REALLY hope that Basis is shit like me... I can't lose every User game I play in this OD or it could be a long year....

GREAT league though, good community, active members, FAST advances... and an easy win every year when you play Penn State... what more could you ask for!!

16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I won't be home until around 6 pm cst, but I'll have it out to you shortly after that.

Welcome aboard.

17. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Okay cool. Thanks again!

18. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Please consider myself...

I would invite consideration into this league, as I have been looking for a premier league to join. I am an avid football finatic and enjoy the comraderie that goes along with it...especially within the Traditional Football Ranks. I am currently in the Saturday Heroes League, a participant in the NCAA 10 Tournament, and member of the Tradition Football Teambuilder league (which progresses whenever). I'm a mature adult, who is Retired U.S. Air Force, and now work as a Network Administrator with the Federal Government. I have read all the rules and would hencely comply with them. My PSN is Renegade-Ice. Thanks for any consideration you may apply to this application!

19. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    It's an xbox dynasty renegade and the position has been filled by Basis.

I appreciate the interest though. I'm sure after a while there will be a premier league for the PS that is full of all the guys who are as active as you are.

20. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

This league is for 360, and they just picked up Basis for the open spot.