open vent letter to EA

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by NYJuggalo45, Aug 11, 2011.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I know ryno, drifter, shaun and a few others are ea gamechangers now, so I might get in trouble for this but so be it...it needs to be said.

For 2 months + prior to release, all anyone could talk about was how excited they were for '12. We had a site wide draft, we all picked conferences, teams, talked about settings, were salivating for release day. We all downloaded the demo and then slapped down our $60 to get the game and couldn't wait for the rosters to come out to finally start.

T1 is still tradition 1. I know the deuce is a lot more active and the website owner ryno has left to start his own league, but this is still the "flagship", the one that started it all. Everything was great for about 7-8 weeks and then boom....all hell breaks loose.

We had 3 undefeated teams heading down the stretch, except 1 of them got screwed out of a win in a glitch that upon advance he got a loss instead. We had all 3 conference title games as user vs user with major implications as any of 4 user teams could be in the national title game ...except right before half the league got errors and had to be booted and reinvited. We had 3 really close conf title games and all of a sudden, the least likely if the 4 users found his way to the national title game after upsets. We all had major bowl games, with a few user vs user. Except the bowl games won't upload. No matter how many times we try, what time of day, what day, end of game...error uploading. So our bowls will have to be simmed and even though a user won the national title, now might not. The best time of every season for most of us is the offseason, which we will be up to by the weekend. We all should be psyched. Instead we are lamenting the past events and debating what to do next or if our file is corrupt and we have to redo the entire season.

And what do we get from ea exactly? The promise of a patch that will fix many problems....but none of ours. No date when it will come out, just sometime this month. No clue if it will fix all the problems we have had, if we should wait to proceed til it comes out, whenever that may be, or if its pointless and our problems will continue year after year. I don't troll the other league forums but I have to think there are other leagues out there suffering from similar issues.

Why? Why do we do this to ourselves every year. Why do we continue to buy an unfinished game and make the guys at ea rich? Why do they continue to screw over their loyal diehard supporters who have been there thru all the past glitchy games and continue to buy the next version every year. Why do we get so frustrated when these problems happen, especially since they have happened in the past and deep down, we know they will happen again. Why do we set aside hundred of hours of our lives to play a broken game, coming up with work arounds and fixes, doing ea's job for them.

And finally....why did I feel the need to write this.

I guess its all the same answer....we care too much. And in the end, thats what bites us in the ass time and time again.

Maybe 1 year ea will care as much about their fans as we do.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Have you had any issues since you restarted? I don't mind you constructively venting, btw.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

nothing but issues Shaun.

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Amen brother and especially to the bolded part. Sad reality but the stone cold truth. When you're constantly asking yourself if the highs balance out the brutal lows, it really makes you wonder.

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

This really is a good game in terms of game play. However with all the bugs, and glitches it ruins the experience. I haven't had to deal with a lot of these bugs, but it is just frustrating to see what others are going through. From the custom playbook glitch, to the issues using edited rosters, to dynasties not being able to upload, I wonder what is going on in the development of the game. For next year's game, I would really just want to see the development staff work on preventing these glitches. I really don't care about all their fandagle new bells and whistles, I just want a game without these glitches that we are seeing in this year's game.

6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Well said.

7. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Its looking as we are on pace for the exact same issues in TF3. We had the wrong score glitch, as I was the recipient. The file was saved, and we did the week again luckily, but it took 3 days that nobody wanted to use on that.

Now, we are trying to get to the CC weeks, and we cant even advance the week. Really? Im not sure if I even want to continue. Why bother? And still....why STILL if a user leaves the post game screen before the other, the person who stays gets booted and loses all highlights.

I dont know man, like NY I dont know why we continue to do this shit. Especially when the fall is when all the games start coming out. Why would I make time for this fuckery?

8. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Ironically we are all glorified beta testers. Because we actively play the game months before the college football season, we can bring attention to bugs and issues that the EA team will fix in august to prepare for the majority of their game sales....when the college football season starts.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I don't know. Something with the scores should be fixed. That single handed ruins the experience for us because we have lives and we play thus game as enjoyment. When it becomes a chore that's when it's a problem. And it seems like we can't pinpoint the problem. Like what are we doing wrong that the duece or any other dynasty IS doing??

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I just dont understand how glaring problems that occur in the first season of Online Dynasties were not found before release. You would think the powers that be would play through at least one season of Online Dynasty before putting it on the shelves.

• Like Like x 2
  11. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Or at least dish the game out to a lucky few and have them do it to see what happens. Or maybe that's what's happening now...

• Like Like x 1
  12. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Great post man. Signed and hopefully the powers that be can voice our frustration as a community to EA themselves. So far, I've been lucky. But a new OD (BCS Blowup) is now experiencing the same.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Awesome post man. We have had the exact same issues in The Experience, I've been debating whether or not to just put things on hold until the patch. I feel likes its unplayable right now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I didnt pay 65 dollars to be a glorified beta tester. This whole fiasco is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 3
  15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i don't ever mind constructively based criticism.

16. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

For the whole error trying to advance thingy....did you ever try advancing to the next week from the Dynasty Wire?

Hellisan

17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

We actually aren't having problems advancing (for now)....

But I did to see if I had that option today and it wasn't there on EA's site this time....

18. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Weird, I just used it today

19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

(y)

This is why I fux with EmmDot, he's a very honest person. But... you probably won't be an EA Game Changer too long saying things like that though bruh;)

20. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

couldn't agree more. With everything everyone has said. I'm pretty unhappy about all this too, and I very rarely complain about games. But this time I feel like I got a lemon. I know the $65 of straight cash I gave Gamestop works. But what I got in return is a piece of plastic. What are the odds I can go back and get a refund? I can buy it used later IF they can find a way to fix it. But right now this game is almost worthless.

• Like Like x 1
  21. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

You are absolutely correct. This notion though is insulting to me. (insulted by EA not you :) If EA needs beta testers they can send me the game for free in July and I'll play through their bugs and bull shit. But no one should have to pay $60 to test their game for them.....that's wiggity, wiggity, whack.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

haha, the game changer program was built to help complete the game before July 14th. So props to EA for realizing they can't just put an unfinished game out on the market. Of course there will be minor bugs and issues, but they are working hard to eliminate an instance where someone buys the game July 14th, is pissed by it and trades it in before patch #1 comes out in August.

23. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

[​IMG]

Uh, they did tho. Whats going on is no "minor bug"

24. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Tell them they should just have open/closed (whatever word applies) betas and let you guys help with what should be added.