Archived Opening Poll-READ BEFORE VOTING

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by I Peench, May 28, 2012.

?

How do you feel about Coaching Carousel set up?

1. I'm intrigued, would entertain talking about it

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. Don't care one way or the other

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Adamantly opposed to the idea

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Please read.

I want to feel out interest concerning CC. This is not a poll to determine if we go CC or not, just seeing who would be adamantly opposed to doing so. I see a lot of benefits to going this route, but a ton of headaches as well. Seems like a logical starting place. bawvu97 you got your set up talk, have at it.

Discuss.

Danthraxxx
    JFace907
    Bucs
    Bulldog
    Mike E
    MartyWebb
    Baron
    RedZoneD25
    DerekC
    sawemoff

2. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Just as my .02, I think this adds a ton to the league, especially if everyone is shooting for the same job (it seems like we'd have 8 guys all aiming for the Buckeyes) it creates a good, friendly outlet for competition. Plus it is always fun to see who is moving where, who is willing to stay at their program for the long haul, who is the mercenary, and the content that you can milk out of who's on the hotseat, etc. is great.

Despite being a pretty big proponent of this feature I do recognize that it has downsides. The biggest knock against it is that unless we are good at rolling through an offseason, the CC portion can take a long ass time. However, if EA put in filters for coaching positions, that'd be great, otherwise you'll have guys at LSU who just won a National Championship getting offers to go be defensive coordinator at Akron.

But on the flipside of THAT, is that as a premier league, wouldn't we be shooting to do our offseasons all at once? (I've never done that because my league was so spread out time wise) but it sounds like we'll be able to here).

So yea, this post may or may not be useless, as all of mine inevitably are.

3. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    I didnt like this feature last year and i havent seen anything to change my mind. I am old, crotchety and don't like change. Since we are a relatively new group i would like to start with a standard format.

I will support your decision Steve even if i dont like it :)

4. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

i am intrigued. Meaning, as i have said before, i liked it last year before Ryno's OD died. I loved it actually. That said, it is also fun to have a team that you like from the get go. i am 70/30 in favor of CC, but i will not raise a stink if we do not go that route.

5. I Peench

Forgot to make votes publicly visible.

Those who said no, please shed some light

6. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    i already did

7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I like it and like mentioned before it adds a lot to league in content. I think it makes games and recruiting count more for a coach that is on the hot seat or even trying to go up the food chain.

8. I Peench

Much appreciated. I value everyones input and will do what I consider best for the league. You guys will be involved in every decision (minus Heisman recruiting hah)

9. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    in all seriousness...if i suck balls and my team keeps losing, i dont want to wind up coaching at UMASS while all you whipper snappers are coaching at LSU/UF/Bama, etc

10. I Peench

I'm open to anything. If you're concerned about falling behind, I'd defintely be willing to start you off with a better team. Balance will be an issue, but I'll compromise to ensure it

11. I Peench

Here is my take btw:

I'm very interested in it. I hadn't touched it until a few weeks ago, and I've been addicted since. I am very concerned about the logistics, but don't want to waste time talking about it if a portion of you guys would hate it.

12. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    I just want this to be fun......losing and getting your ass whipped are too completely different things. AS long as i am competitive (which i know i partially control) I dont mind losing

13. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

in the season we played in in the CC od last year, we were all .500 or worse, yet, it was a blast. each year you get an opportunity to move to a different place that may suit your play style better. I dunno, i liked it.

14. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I enjoy the CC, but obviously if everyone isn't at the helm all at the same time, it's a time drain. I think, IIRC, if you get offered to renew your contract, you can accept it and not keep hearing offers, or do I have that wrong? So I guess my vote is for, but with the exception that we schedule accordingly for it, so that it won't take more than a night to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

and for the record it takes a LOOOONG time before you can even sniff a school like LSU/OSU/Texas.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Im opposed to it, for me its more fun to get to once place and stick there I feel like it adds more attachment to a team when you can get your own guys in and you know you are going to be there for the longhaul (which i think is good for the league). For me if I know im leaving a school im not gonna be too interested. There are also the logisitical issues with offseason and i like to have rivalries which kind of go to the wayside if your rival leaves the school after two seasons.

17. I Peench

You know Daddy will take care of you ;)
    That's the upside. I don't want to restart this file, and I don't want us bored with our teams in the 8th season. Keeps things fresh.

Soley feeling out interests. The logistics seem like they could be nightmarish. I reached out to Ryno and want to see how people have dealt with it in the past. Before I go out of my way to do that, I figure why not see if people were interested to begin with. Otherwise, it'd be a waste of time.

18. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    what happens if we all end up in different conferences or is that part of the rule process

19. I Peench

I understand that completely. The logistics we can discuss if a majority here are in favor. If not, no harm no foul.

If we can't come together and be sure this will all work out, I don't want to do it. As for rivalries...I see your point. Can we create new rivalries in the offseason? I know I can shuffle conferences around, so if we discussed this it'd take some of the tradition out of it. Though with how conference re-alignment works these days, I guess nothing is too unrealistic

20. I Peench

That's a question I will figure out if people are interested in goign this route. This was just seeing if people were. A LOT of questions to be answered before I consider this a legitimate option. Hope that makes sense to you and Bucs

21. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

yeah its part of the process, but since I Peench will have control of re-alignment that may not be a bad thing.

22. DC

DC Shake n Bake

im not a fan of CC...i like to pick my team and stick with em

• Like Like x 1
  23. I Peench

Fair enough

24. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

For the guys who are fans of getting your team and sticking with them, I've played all 8 seasons of 4th Horseman with FIU. If you get on a roll with wins and recruiting, there are some huge incentives to stay put. I got an offer from Penn State to be their HC in season 6 offseason, but I turned it down because of the huge recruiting class (including #1 QB prospect that came in as an 81 OVR as a true frosh) I'd just signed.

I completely understand the argument for stability but just saying there's no reason you HAVE to move from your team.

25. DC

DC Shake n Bake

if we wanted to move to a certain team eventually...we have no control on how well they would have recruited why we were trying to get out of "fiu" to that school....thats my problem with it