opening season power rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoppedupford, Sep 11, 2012.

1. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

These are my power rankings for the start of the season. I don't really know too many in the league. I mostly based my info on rosters.

(1) Ravens: This team is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball and they have a coach that knows how to use it. Don't be surprised if you see coach Qui3t hoisting up the Lombardi trophy at the end of the season.

(2) Giants: What can you say. They are the defending SB champs. Look for this team to pile up a bunch of sacks.

(3) Pats: This team is a match up nightmare. The additional of B. Lloyd makes them that much more scary. Look for spy to take full advantage of the mismatches.

(4) 49ers: The only question about this team is if A. Smith will hold them back from taking the next step. I have a feeling this coach won't allow that to happen.

(5) Pack: With maybe the most powerful offense in the game, the only question is if this team has a good enough def to hold off the other teams in the nfc.

(6) Saints: Like the Pack, does this team have the horses on def?

(7) Texans: I do believe that this team is the 2nd most well rounded team behind the Ravens. I do believe that coach Dave will give everyone a full dose of their running game.

(8) Falcons: With a full season behind J. Jones look for him to now take the next step at becoming one of the top 5
    wr's in the league and I have a feeling coach gmoney has the tools to help him get there.

(9) Jags: Coach gngsta instantly makes this team a playoff team. Don't be surprised if this team is in the afc championship game.

(10) Jets: How much Tebow and the wildcat will we see? Will Sanchez be able to hold him off and keep the starting job?

(11) Broncos: Will Manning be able to hold up for the entire season and take them farther than Tebow could? For that to happen Broncos must have a consistent running game.

(12) Bears: Cutler finally has a big time wr with him in Chicago. I think he will emerge as one of the 5 best qbs in the league this year.

(13) Colts: This team is in complete rebuilding mode. Some good players on this team still but they are getting old. Coach mustang and his abilities will make them seem better than they actually are.

(14) Cowboys: With emergence of rb Murray last year should take some pressure off of Romo this season. I do think coach Parker will guide this team into the playoffs.

(15) Bengals: pretty decent all round team. Could use a better RB.

(16) Raiders: This is a very underrated team. If RB McFadden can stay healthy this team has the potential to do some damage.

(17) Chiefs : With a trio of rbs on this team, their running game should be productive. The only question is can M. Cassel get the job done.

(18) Skins: This team has a very solid def. They just need a consistent RB and another wr to help RG3 become one of the top qbs.

(19) Bucs: I was wanting to place this team higher on the list but after seeing the rash of injuries the team suffered in preseason I expect them to get off to a slow start.

(20) Seahawks: This team is about ready to take the next step, with a lot of pieces in place. The only question is who will start at qb.

(21) Rams: This team has a lot of holes to fill. With S. Jackson getting old that makes one more hole that will need to be filled but they now have the coach to get the job done.

(22) Vikings: Like the Rams this team has many holes to fill but the do have a great 1-2 punch at RB.

(23) Browns: This team also has so many holes and lacks speed. The biggest question is which qb will start the season as the starter?

(24) Dolphins: Another team that lacks talent. I expect that teams will see a lot of bush in the running and passing game.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I've been working all afternoon on a power rankings thread...

[​IMG]

But good work

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Awh shucks :D

4. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

throw yours up too. Never enough power rankings.

5. Brandon S.

I agree. Go for it. Hell i'll make one too! ;)

6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I will. I'm about 75% done, but am about to go grab dinner and then hopefully play my Week 1 game, so they won't be ready til way later tonight.

7. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

Ha, did I really get voted last? Love it..... I'll play the underdog role.... Let's go!:)

8. Brandon S.

We all start somewhere.

9. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

It's not you. It's that you don't have very good players on your team. Had a hard time deciding the placement of the last three teams

10. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

I like how you said that Jay Cutler very well could be a top 5 QB this year. With me at the helm, top 5 in INTs, sure, no prob!! lol

11. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

He'd be a lock for the Bowl if he got a good receiver...

• Like Like x 1