Opening Season Schedules

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jun 4, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Just to clarify before it gets started:

This league is not obsessed with ultra-competition or creating equal opportunities for acquiring championships. Rather, we are a league that is looking to experience the seasons, enjoy the stories that unfold on each team, and celebrate with each other (whether that means laughing at the guy that gets fired or being pumped with underdog UVA or UW when they win it all!). We are not selfish bitches here. We are here for the league.

To this end, I don't care about the breakdown of the teams in conferences. I want you to be who you love so you will stick with it.

In summary, yes, this means that for the first season (only) in our dynasty, we will be playing the official real-life schedules and not creating any extra user-user matchups. This is what we love... vicariously playing through our real-life seasons. And yes, this means that currently, some might have zero user-user games the first year and some (those in the ACC) might have 3, 4, even 5 user-user games. Great. We don't care. Part of the developing stories and fun.

In the 2nd season (which I guarantee will come fast as we fly through season 1), we will do a little extra scheduling to add user-user games to people's schedules. But regardless, this league is about the enjoyment of ridiculous game articles, unexpected developing story-lines, and having fun with... more than against (we are still competitive to be sure)... each other.

so make sure you are down with all of this. (Note: none of this applies to Sample who literally breaks a controller and slaps his wife every single time he loses... for whatever reason we forgive him and need him around).

2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

wise commish....i assume you are taking FCS teams out right?

3. vatechhokie01

yea, we will replace them with cupcake real teams.

4. vatechhokie01

as an added thought: If Sample or Clemson would like to change teams we would welcome the diversity. This is not mandatory. Just an idea. Any new additions will at least be priority based on Pac-12, Big- 9 (i dont even know what that f-ed up league has anymore), and SEC.

5. ClemsonTiger55

ClemsonTiger55 Walk On

I'll think about it, i am a little pumped too crush you guys in the acc though.

6. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

we could really use someone in the big 12 and pac-12 with only one team in each so far....I would gladly jump to oregon but I love my lions too much

thought oregon is going to be my dream job in the other

7. vatechhokie01

and sec... although Bulldog loses all the time cuz he sucks donkey balls and drinks too much

8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

yea but the SEC is actually good....pac 12? meh

9. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

hummmm, i could change but FSU should be great this year not sure i want to give that AWESOMENESS up.... I guess i would move for the betterment (is that a word?) of the league

10. ClemsonTiger55

ClemsonTiger55 Walk On

Please Change!!!!!
    no competition left on my side of the conference!

11. Goose

Goose Walk On

If mullen wants to move to Oregon, I can change to an SEC team. As excited as I am to use Braxton Miller in the game and winning the BIG TEN Title game, I can switch for the betterment (sample's word) of the league. If we can't get quality guys to fill the holes, Mullen and I can switch from the BIG TEN.