Opinions Needed

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Opinions Needed

Would everyone like to restart with whatever team you want? Like the 5 and 6 star schools. I think that will boost interest because the recruiting would be more fun and the teams would be better, thus making it more fun to play games and rivalries would be more fierce.

If we restart I am removing Big East and adding SEC. We could remove ACC (or Pac10) as well and use Big 12.

I also believe this would help fill the league and keep the newcomers that join.

2. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Doesn't matter to me to be honest. I like Arizona, but I'm not attached to them by any means.

3. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

id jump in if this happend.. just so u know ;-)

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I mentioned in the other thread my feelings on the issue. I guess I am sort of attached to Maryland.

From the other thread...

5. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

I'm not really for the switching of teams either. I like UConn and am just starting to win some games. But it wouldnt kill me to switch teams. I'm down for whatever is best for the league.

6. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Ill admit, the thing that I liked about The Rise was that we could rebuild the lesser schools. But I am not hard set on this and would be willing to do whatever was best for the league.

7. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I am pretty happy with what I have built with Stanford.

8. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I have put way too much time into game summaries, playing games, recruiting etc. to wish to start over, really. I see your point about getting more attention, but I believe we have a solid group of guys. Having a consistent group of 9-10 or whatever is better than having a constantly rotating 11th or 12th man.

Big teams would draw initial interest, sure. But eventually you're going to have guys drop and get a couple of seasons into the future as we are, and interest to new-comers will always be limited from that point. Newcomers will have to take over a team and start 'new' while the rest of us have been fine grooming our teams for X amount of seasons. That is the observable behavior I've noticed within the 'life' and 'death' of many online dynasties.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

Alright then, we will continue as is. But we need more participation from everyone who is a bit quiet and when we have a newcomer, help them out, they don't know squat lol

10. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I will step it up, I know have been slacking a lot this season compared to last season.

11. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Sounds like it was decided while I was away, but yeah I'll try to get into some more discussions. I've been fairly quiet throughout so I'll make an effort to change that.