Opinions on the game?

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by droid43, Jul 10, 2013.

1. droid43

droid43 Walk On

I'm loving the gameplay. Defense is a little tough, but so is actually defending Braxton Miller and the like. I've been playing an OC dynasty with Purdue with default sliders and I feel that the game plays very well. However, my only gripe is the lack of incompletions thrown by myself. My throw is either picked off or complete it seems. I've seen way too many stat lines like this 22-24, 245 2 TD, 2 int. I need to do some testing with the QBA and interceptions slider.

I haven't taken recruiting very seriously in the dynasty, but from what I've played I can definitely see the challenge. I've signed 8 prospects going into week 10 and 2 or 3 committing within the next week. I'm also currently in a battle for 4 players. Haven't experienced much with the battle yet, but I do prefer this recruiting to the phone call system.

Overall I'm very pleased and do think this is the best gameplay NCAA has given us on current gen, and I'm really excited to get the dynasty started!

2. dso122783

dso122783 Walk On

So far so good. The recruiting may take some getting used to.
    I'm not hearing this seven nation army and zombie nation in any of my games though. Wonder whats up with that, I heard it in the demo..

3. droid43

droid43 Walk On

It's there, it just seems to be much quieter. Yeah, I'll have 25 scholarships to fill year one in this dynasty and I'm a bit concerned about that.

4. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Recruiting is difficult. I simmed a dynasty with Clemson. Only signed 3 players before the end of the season. Finished 8-5. Gonna try again.

5. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

My last three seasons of the last cycle the recruiting was like that, this year it may have more variables as to how they become interested in your school as opposed to previous years when you could sign who ever. I hope this year recruiting strategy is most important, I've always taken pride in signing needs and contributors.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

love the gameplay. Offense is smooth and running the ball does seem to easy, but that can be fixed. Last game finished 12 of 18 passing while running for 125 yards averaging nearly 5 yards a carry. Recruiting is alot better than last year. This points system is way better than the phone calls and it appears its going to be harder to get a top class. So clayandlbf when are we getting started/or what are we waiting on?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  7. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

As soon as the rosters from OS are out... Probably middle of next week.

8. droid43

droid43 Walk On

I find it strange that I can actually run the ball more efficiently out of the I and ace formation with the HUM run blocking at 0 and the CPU run defense at 100 than I could on default Heisman.

9. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

I was the same way. It does seem to fix the under center and up the middle runs