Opinions vary...

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by BRUCE80, Jul 14, 2009.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Opinions vary...

Mine is that this game is fantastic. I have only played a few games and I can already tell that EA did a great job fixing alot of what bothered me about last years game (which wasnt alot).

D works, you can get pressure on the qb, if you call a good D you can get off the field. The chess match is back.

On O if you work the ground game and dont give up it can and will pay off, passing the ball is more like real football. You cant just throw the same few patterns all game long...you better find the open guy or your going to be punting alot or throwing picks.

Power backs work as do speed backs, but an elite power back this season will mean something.

Does 10 have some problems? Sure...Is it better then 09 imo yes.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I have read a from a few that online vs that the PA Pass is very effective. Now that they have taken away the run/pass commits.

I don't know if that would be a problem in our league. juggs is the only person that loves to PA pass and we know how that story ends....

I think we will be fine. The game will never be perfect and everyone need to know that. As long as there is no deal breakers in the OD we will make it work and I will continue to piss juggs off on a yearly basis!

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Run/Pass Commit is there, you just have to do it presnap now.

Besides the wonky rosters (which the community will fix, hopefully), I love '10.

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

The return of the powerback + Defense has me all giddy inside. :p

5. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I only had time for 1 game last night before I had to sleep but I enjoyed it a lot. Played Bama (me) vs. WVU (CPU) and I won on a last second field goal 23-20.

Was a real fun game, the CPU and I both got pressure on the QB (each had 3 sacks). And each of us had some crazy lame duck passes that got caught by a random offensive player for big yardage.

No picks. (omg thats a first)

The CPU is still crazy good at hitting the receiver down the sideline between the LB and Safety. In 09 at least you could get in position to swat or pick but the animation times make that difficult now. For some reason I can't even get the LBs/DBs to barely leave their feet let alone put their hands up for a pick/swat chance. Lead to a lot of over the defender's head grabs.

I don't know about there being comeback AI but I was up 20-10 with 2:00 left and they scored real easy and then recovered the onside kick to tie it up.

6. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

lol I only used PA alot with Ohio St because it is a staple of them. I haven't seen the nw rosters, but Miami has some problems. I need a new offense this year for sure. Was thinking of maybe going West Coast style actually, but then I read that alot of short patterns get thrown off at the line due to the DB bump coverage.

7. jfosh

jfosh Super

I think it says alot about the game if Bruce is not bitching. ;) Must be a good game.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I largely feel like a spectator playing it. But it's a good game.

9. Blaza

Elaborate please

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah dont say that.........I hate that!! That's what stop me from playing madden(n)

11. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i think he feels like he can't dictate the game like he did last year.

It's just call the play and the players will do whatever they do... and the user has little say in the success of the play execution.

I can see what he's saying kinda... i do agree that the players on the field have more to do with success this year than they did last season, but you still have to make the right reads on offense, you still have to react and predict correctly on defense. So really i think it's just getting use to the game.

12. Blaza

Ah, that makes sense. Personally, I can see both sides of the coin. For our purposes (OD), ratings being more important on the field may lead to even more emphasis on recruiting--which would be cool. But then again it would stink to repeatedly lose to inferior players (such as Helli). Ryno, will you guys be writing a TF review?

13. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

im not good at writing reviews.. if we had someone who wanted to do a nice, professional job at it, then i could certainly support it. Our site has a whole little module for Previews and Reviews that we don't utilize....

thus the opening for Content Manager i posted a few days ago....

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

You hear a lot of people say that NCAA gets a lot of last year's Madden each year. I don't know if that's the case, but I guess what I mean by that is just that the game feels like it is decided largely by the players, or something else out of my control, other than playcalling. But the game is out, rendering my opinion unimportant. Form your own. :)

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'd love to write a review for it, but would need to play a helluva lot more games. Only thing I wonder is if we wanna go down that road and review games... We might be best served focusing on what we do best, which is leagues, not reviews. But Jeff that is your call! :)

16. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i mean how many reviews would we write a year...

TWO.. lol... NCAA and Madden. I wouldn't mind having a review for both games... but im not going to lose any sleep over it.

17. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I'm not sure how to take this. Admittedly, I haven't played enough of the game to form a solid opinion yet. But I trust Helli, so...

One one hand, this bodes well for me. I would be the 1st to admit that I no where have the stick skills of just about everyone else in the league. But I am a good strategiest. So maybe this evens the playing field a little for a guy like me.

On the other hand, this puts so much more pressure on recruiting well. And in being a guy who isn't always around on the weekends, occasionally missing a bye week with just recruiting is going to kill me. That 1 week, 3-4 teams can jump me in the rankings and land a better player who will perform better on the field.

18. BRUCE80

UT dominance will do that to ya...

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL. and LSU

Basically anybody I play.

I played at the University of Washington and got my first win of NCAA 10. so I'm like 1-7 now. , but had to go tto AA to do it.

PS... Hey, stop saying you're gonna show up and play - because then I wait like an idiot. No more waiting around for me. If you show, you show. :)

JUGGS: Yeah stick skills are a thing of the past. Enjoy (y)

20. BRUCE80

I did show and you were gone...but it was later then expected.

21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I had to head that way after midnight mang. Yeah I know you have a hectic life, I'm just gonna stop believing you unless it's a league game. :D U always show then.

22. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    As for the reviews, I would mind having Helli fill that section out with blogs/features like he did at OS with recruiting this year. They are well written and if you threw a couple screen shots in there I think you would really have something EVERYONE would want to check out.

23. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Stick Skills will never die!!

24. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Seriously JMS.... I think it may be done.

So many times already I've hit a hole while running, picked it out, hit it, and then immediately just get dropped from god-knows-where. The next time I accidentally run right into a guy, my RB breaks the tackle and gets 20 yards. The camera zooms out when the ball is in the air so it makes no sense to try and user catch. Honestly, it's just not going to be a huge factor anymore.

25. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I really dont know why they change things that have worked before. What kind of developers are these. I swear they just change things just to change them so people think they are getting a different game. Like changing the "Play on the Field" cam before you snap the ball. The old view was perfect...why does it have to be from the fucking blimp now. These are things that DO NOT NEED TO BE CHANGED MFERS!!!