1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Option Running

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by PIG BOMB, Nov 1, 2011.

1. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

Is it just me or????

when running a fleXbox One/wishbone option offense it seems/feels very different online vs humans compared to online vs CPU opponents [in online dynasty]

something just feels off

not sure if its just a touch of lag or whatever but the plays and feel of the running are just not as crisp against humans...it all feels "slower" i guess..not a s smooth

the result is poor timing, less explosiveness, and the option becomes ineffective

thoughts?

2. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I had some pretty good runs against dnf out of the option. The QB mid iso and the triple counters though had the qb going "slower/stuttered" it seemed than the rest of the players.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    It's much easier against humans IMO because you can actually use misdirection and option them if they are the contain guy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

I've broken off huge runs against CPU and HUM. I've been running the option so well that I almost have no need to pass at this point. We'll see what happens once Gardner graduates though. Easy to run a 99% run option offense with Robinson / Gardner.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I use the spread option and while they do sometimes still work in user games I do know exactly what you're talking about with the choppiness or unsmooth feeling of them in online games. It's like the defense gets 2 steps to your 1 while in the animations and then the qb doesn't accelerate like he should. I find it very frustrating and it definitely takes away from the online experience because after all, the option is why I play NCAA.

6. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I came over to see if people were running the flex in OD and got my answer. I've got Nebraska in year 2 with 2 solid true freshman backs Martinez at QB and aaron green as a 3rd back. The personnel is there to run the offense and I suck at passing so I am giving serious thought to changing from a pro style smashmouth running attack. 2 questions though. I know in years past the FB on the depth chart was the B back on the field is it the same this year? If so how are you recruiting them? One of my freshmen is 260 so I would love to play him there, but he doesn't fit into the position change requirements for a FB because he's too fast. Did y'all get an exemption since the FB in this offense isn't a true FB but a RB? Or is it a form sub deal? When I get home I am going to lab it and see what it looks like with the personel (tried spelling it 2 ways and neither looks right) and whether its workable.

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I've had a lot of success (1,000+ yards) with a big bruising B back. You have to be smart and get in looks that matchup with the front the defense is giving you, then make a good read. If he falls forward, awesome.

I recruited big runners (240+) who could get to the hole fast and break tackles.

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Where in the hell do you find backs 240+? Man... I gotta start looking harder. Having a FB that can run would be deadly in my offense.

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Honestly? I import the recruiting data into SQL Server 2008 and run some stored procs that generate recruiting reports.

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Tyrone!

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I loved me some Tyrone Biggums! Him and Ashy Larry.

13. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

One of my freshman backs is 6'2 260 and I would love to move him there but I think he's too fast to fit in the position change guidelines (89). I took it online against a human to see how it would work and I had a ton of success. I won 99-70 against one guy, but he scored 45 in the 4th at which point I didn't care cause I wanted to hit the century mark. I did have some trouble with LSU but I always do.

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

99-70? You know we're talking about football right?:eek: