Option Running

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by PIG BOMB, Nov 1, 2011.

1. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

Is it just me or????

when running a fleXbox One/wishbone option offense it seems/feels very different online vs humans compared to online vs CPU opponents [in online dynasty]

something just feels off

not sure if its just a touch of lag or whatever but the plays and feel of the running are just not as crisp against humans...it all feels "slower" i guess..not a s smooth

the result is poor timing, less explosiveness, and the option becomes ineffective

thoughts?

2. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I had some pretty good runs against dnf out of the option. The QB mid iso and the triple counters though had the qb going "slower/stuttered" it seemed than the rest of the players.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    It's much easier against humans IMO because you can actually use misdirection and option them if they are the contain guy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

I've broken off huge runs against CPU and HUM. I've been running the option so well that I almost have no need to pass at this point. We'll see what happens once Gardner graduates though. Easy to run a 99% run option offense with Robinson / Gardner.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I use the spread option and while they do sometimes still work in user games I do know exactly what you're talking about with the choppiness or unsmooth feeling of them in online games. It's like the defense gets 2 steps to your 1 while in the animations and then the qb doesn't accelerate like he should. I find it very frustrating and it definitely takes away from the online experience because after all, the option is why I play NCAA.

6. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I came over to see if people were running the flex in OD and got my answer. I've got Nebraska in year 2 with 2 solid true freshman backs Martinez at QB and aaron green as a 3rd back. The personnel is there to run the offense and I suck at passing so I am giving serious thought to changing from a pro style smashmouth running attack. 2 questions though. I know in years past the FB on the depth chart was the B back on the field is it the same this year? If so how are you recruiting them? One of my freshmen is 260 so I would love to play him there, but he doesn't fit into the position change requirements for a FB because he's too fast. Did y'all get an exemption since the FB in this offense isn't a true FB but a RB? Or is it a form sub deal? When I get home I am going to lab it and see what it looks like with the personel (tried spelling it 2 ways and neither looks right) and whether its workable.

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I've had a lot of success (1,000+ yards) with a big bruising B back. You have to be smart and get in looks that matchup with the front the defense is giving you, then make a good read. If he falls forward, awesome.

I recruited big runners (240+) who could get to the hole fast and break tackles.

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Where in the hell do you find backs 240+? Man... I gotta start looking harder. Having a FB that can run would be deadly in my offense.

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Honestly? I import the recruiting data into SQL Server 2008 and run some stored procs that generate recruiting reports.

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Tyrone!

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I loved me some Tyrone Biggums! Him and Ashy Larry.

13. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

One of my freshman backs is 6'2 260 and I would love to move him there but I think he's too fast to fit in the position change guidelines (89). I took it online against a human to see how it would work and I had a ton of success. I won 99-70 against one guy, but he scored 45 in the 4th at which point I didn't care cause I wanted to hit the century mark. I did have some trouble with LSU but I always do.

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

99-70? You know we're talking about football right?:eek: