Option

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by DatNDaz, Jul 11, 2009.

1. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Option

Something we'll want to test thoroughly before we kick off the season. If it's really bad enough to warrant a ban on the option, a couple guys may want to switch up teams. Hopefully not, I really like having GT and Army in the league.

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3034

I don't mind the cheesy-looking pitches (although that first one makes me wince a little) as long as the results of running options aren't unrealistic. If you have to go into goalline D to keep from giving up 7 yards a play, that's a problem.

2. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Ugghhhh those videos are awful, he was down when he pitched it. My take is this, as long as our options are normal against other users, because we can only check our games when playing against the CPU. We should be fine, if we don't like somthing someone is doing, let them know in the game and if they don't stop download a video or two of the offense, post it and the correct action will be taken. We all know each other here and none of us will abuse this...wait is trine still around??:D:D:D

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

We could treat is like a pick-up hoops game, and call our own fouls. Guys wants to pitch, he takes the risk of geting caught up in a bad one. Call a foul, user punts on the next down.

Just a thought. I want to keep the option if we can.

4. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I certainly wouldn't have fun playing this game without the option. I've been playing ncaa since '07 on the 360 (and I played 2K's game on the playstation when I was in the Air Force in the mid to late 90s). and I've been running options at Michigan since way before Richie Rod came there.

The 1st and 4th vids are utterly ridiculous, but I think that's something that we can police ourselves, but it might be tough with the speed of the game. In '09 that first and fourth pitch would've been impossible since you would've been stuck in the tackle animation, but in '10 they added branching animations and QBs can throw while being tackled so this is clearly a side effect from that. As I said, I think we can police those ridiculous pitches ourselves, but the thing that worries me the most is that it sounds like it's too effective. If it's unstoppable, this would be the biggest issue. I know that in '09 against both the CPU and people, I have a hell of a time running the option, especially against other people. It's frustrating that I'm much more effective throwing the ball (I'm old school and would run the ball on every single down if I could) than I am running it.

If those of you with the game could play a game as GT or Army or even WV, Ore, or Fla, it'd be great to know if your option is stoppable.

5. We need to really look into this AA vs. Heisman thing too. Apparently some decent players such as Auburn Alumni for example cannot run at all on on Heisman. They say AA is very realistic and 10x harder than last year.

Back on topic, I am an option guy. I may not run it as often but I grew up watching, Neb, CU, Air Force etc. The option is a major part of college football. I agree that we all know each other and I am sure nobody will be abusing it if people call em on it. If I pitch and its total BS I am accountable and will make every effort not to do it. It may be a timing thing with the new animations. I usually wait for a certain point of contact and pitch. The animation may throw everyone off right now.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I have been practicing alot and I can't run the option all that well.

I don't think we are going to need to police people that much here. We ran '09 leagues for a whole year and I don't recall anyone complaining about playstyle that much. We had the flap about the 4-2-5 and elkpride complaining about my Tressel ball before he melted down, that's about it.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think we just have to be careful about it. If you pull a BS pitch, be a good guy and dive. If a guy pulls a BS pitch on you, call him on it IN GAME. This only dissolves into a bitch-fest if it is only discussed after the fact. We're all big boys, and we know each other pretty well. I think we'll be fine.

No telling what's going to happen in other leagues, though.

8. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I will have this game tonight and try it. If it's as bad as everyone says it is, I will watch my Pitches. If I pull one out while my Qb is down, then I will freeze right there and take the tackle or run out of bounds. I know last year, you could pitch it if you were tied up and not down but not as bad as this year.

Play a few games guys and if the option is way to unstable I can always switch team's but that could also throw a wrench in on the schedules

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

In the past, the group has always been really good at self-policing game issues. There was an issues with guys passing to the HB 18 times a game, and we pretty much squashed it.

Besides, with the improved CPU pursuit angles (I really like this change) it might not be so easy to bust one, even if you do manage to pitch while in the grasp.

AG

10. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Wow..The 18 times a game thing would be a game killer. Its cool