Orange Bowl and Miami was set on fire!

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by Fight'n Hokie, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

[​IMG]

#7 Cincinnati and #9 Clemson combined for a total 1166 Total Yards in a 52-28 shoot out!

Clemson could not stop the 4 and 5 wide hurry up sets of Cincinnati, however they did hold he Bearcats to -19 yards rushing and forced them to punt once. The issue for Cincinnati was their field goal kicker who missed every time he was forced to try. The Bearcat kicker was 0-3 on FG trys. Give Clemson credit, they bent but didn't break a few times and that was the difference in the game because neither team could stop the other. Both QB's threw for over 500 yards with Johnson of Cincinnati going 35/47 for 550 and 4 TD's while Jackson of Clemson went 22/32 for 507 and 2 TD's and 1 INT.

Cincinnati has 2 WR's that went over 200 yards receiving, yes that right 200 yards a piece! Cantrell had 12 catches for 218 and Foster had 9 catches for 216 yards! Clemson found themselves calling timeouts just to rest their exhausted defense who were found to be chasing the WR's all over the field. The Tiger defense was only able to get to the Bearcat QB 2 times as the O-line for Cincinnati created a wall of protection. All the offense still didn't help the Bearcats as the special Teams let them down. When Clemson was scoring TD's, the Bearcats were missing FG's and game just got out reach for Cincinnati who fell to 10-3 of the season.

Clemson finished the season 13-1 and will finish in the top 10 with a slight possibility of making top 5. Coach Hokie's record is now 22-6 in just 2 seasons at Clemson with an ACC Title and Orange Bowl Championship under his belt! The issue now is will he stay with some of the Higher Prestige teams looking for quality coach to lead their team.

[​IMG]

2. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

To think you were pretty close to a perfect season too, our game came down to the wire.

3. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

Thanks for the reminder! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

Hey I gotta hold on any signature win I can, it was a rough season for the Caines.

5. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

The ACC is all yours next season boiler

6. csboiler05

csboiler05 Walk On

Yeah I wish it wasn't, but oh well, let the coaching rumors start swirling for next year.

7. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Had i known Clemson were leaving I may have stayed...but ND was hard to pass up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.