Orange Crush 2011 Preseason Questionnaire

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Everyone should fill this out, will give us something to talk about early in the year.

1. From the get go, who are some big time players on each side of the ball for your team?

2. What are your strengths and weaknesses on O & D?

3. Will any Freshman (redshirts included) start or see significant playing time for you?

4. Who do you think will win your conference?

5. Who do you think will take home that all elusive national championship?

6. Which team do you think will make the best recruiting haul?

7. If you could add any one college player to your team, who would it be?

8. What's your prediction for your teams season?

9. Toughest game on the schedule?

2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I see this was a hit.

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Where is yours? :eek:

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Will be done after my game once I can look at some stuff.

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

1. From the get go, who are some big time players on each side of the ball for your team?

Our offense will rely on a core of three skill positions; Sophomore QB Brendan Cross will be relied on for his athleticism and arm in the Nebraska style offense. Sophomore RB Josh Harris is a good hard runner that will be the focal point of the offense for the next few years. Finally, Junior Chris Givens will get some opportunities downfield to make big plays from his wideout spot.

Defensively, linebacker Kyle Wilbur and safety Cyhl Quarles are the impact players and will be relied upon to lead the defense into the season. Junior defensive tackle Ramon Booi will be an animal in the middle measuring out at 6'6 300-- I think the old fashioned term is "space eater"?

Our running game will be the core on offense, and defensively we will see a lot of plays from our back 7 players I think. The d-line is solid, but not good enough I don't think to be considered a strength. We aren't necessarily weak anywhere, just not loaded anywhere either.

3. Will any Freshman (redshirts included) start or see significant playing time for you?

A handful of redshirt freshman will be present in the two deep, but only RS FR Merrill Noel will "start", if returning punts and kicks counts.

My early guess is North Carolina or Georgia Tech. The Natural has shown he has the stick skills to do it, so my early bet would be him.

Out of the users, I would be surprised if anyone because of how low everyone is right now. If I had to pick one it would be Ga Tech again. My guess though is Bama or Oklahoma.

I think Masler will make the best haul, Sparty is on the rise and I think he will have a good year.

An impact RB or QB would be really good in my offense, so Lamichael James/Marcus Lattimore or Denard Robinson/Taylor Martinez would be awesome.

Early guess is between 7 and 9 or 10 wins. We will struggle vs top talent I think, but we will win a game or two we shouldn't I also believe.

Probably week 9 @ North Carolina.

• Like Like x 1
  6. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

On offense, you can't look past the 6'4" stud senior WR Dwight Jones. This guy has all the makings of an NFL wide-out, and already has the scouts drooling. He is sure to have a big year. At QB, we have redshirt sophomore Bryn Renner taking over the reigns. This is his first year starting at the position, and this kid is a gun-slinger. At HB, we have a nice 1-2 punch with the senior power runner Ryan Houston, and freshman Giovanni Bernard.

On defense, we have a very strong front 7. There is more potential NFL talent with LE Quinton Coples and ROLB Zach Brown. MLB Kevin Reddick, DE Donte Paige Moss, and DTs Tydreke Powell and Jordan Nix bring a lot of experience and strength at their position as well. Senior SS Matt Merletti leads the secondary with experience, as we have some new faces at the CB and FS positions. This has to be one of the best defensive units we've had in while; we really like what we see in preseason.

On offense, we are breaking in a new QB, so that's always a concern. We're built to run the ball, but the ceiling will raise with Renner as he shows us what he is capable of. We have a good group of TEs and WRs, so as long as we limit mistakes, moving the ball should not be a problem.

On defense, it's hard to find a weakness. It would have to be the secondary, as they are the most inexperienced, but we are confident in our guys. Time will tell.

As mentioned earlier, HB Giovanni Bernard will be sharing carries with Houston. He will see some significant playing time. TE Sean Fitzpatrick is also a freshman, and he will be the second TE on the depth chart.

I'd have to say Georgia Tech are the early favorites. Coach The Natural took a lowly Boston College team to a NC in just one season, so it's hard to ignore that. It's going to be a hard-fought race, so time will dictate the winner.

Bama, Oklahoma, LSU, Oregon. I'd have to think at least of those schools makes it.

I think Michigan will have the best class because of prestige and location.

QB Andrew Luck. This guy has NFL QB written all over him, and could have been the first pick of the draft last year if he so choose. Any coach would love to have this type of leader on their team.

I'm hoping at least 8 wins, but it's hard to predict the future with so many unknowns. We will see what this team is made of early on, with a lot of tough games.

Week 4 at Georgia Tech, without a doubt.

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Everyone should fill this out, will give us something to talk about early in the year.

Kirk Cousins is probably one of the best shots we have at any success this year, Maxwell has FUTURE potential but Cousins needs to settle down and dominate like he did last year. Edwin Baker, Leveon Bell and even Larry Caper are going to be a huge part of our game.

Defensively William Gholston and Jerel Worthy are the rocks of the front seven, with young linebackers with very little experience, we need them to be at their very best.

Offensive strengths are the running game but the big weaknesses are O line and inconsistent passing...due to the O Line.

Defense, everyone is young and inexperience but the veterans that are there can step up. The raw talent some of the youngsters have will come in handy.

Nick Hill will be returning kicks.

I would like to win it but I think Wisconsin and Michigan will be large contenders.

None of us.

Wisconsin and Virginia Tech have the best chances but I wouldn't count Clemson out either.

Justin Blackmon...I like my receivers but this kid beats them hands down. He can catch and he is fast. Cunningham can catch but lacks break away. Martin is fast but drops alot.

9-3

Wisconsin now that they are user controlled.

• Like Like x 1
  8. pnc

pnc Walk On

I dont really have any big time players on offense, but ill go with QB Scheelhasse and WR Jenkins. On defense its MLB Thomas and cb Hawthorne.

running game on offense and cornerbacks on defense.

i have two OLB Grimes and P Duvernois

Wisconsin. if not them Michigan

Wisconsin or Alabama

Michigan or Clemson

Tony Richardson. Im all about having a great running back.

9-3(6-2)

Wisconsin