Information Orange Crush Description, Rules, & Current Roster

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kasper, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kasper

Kasper Mr. Embolo

Apr 12, 2010
    TF: Orange Crush
    Welcome to Orange Crush! For the NCAA '13 Cycle we are taking off with the Big 12 Conference. We have a few users that call Texas home, so this gives them a chance to play with some of their favorite teams and gives us a nice competitive all user conference where very game matters due to the fact that there is no conference championship game. If you are interested in joining us, shoot me a pm and let me know what team you are interested in!
    Autopilot Rules: Users must play their games and must recruit their players, not the CPU. Autopilot is not an alternative to showing up. However, people do go out of town, get sick etc etc and autopilot options may be discussed with Kasper .

Vacation/Absence: You must ALWAYS let your commish know in advance. There will be a vacation thread solely for this purpose. If you do NOT let me know you MUST accept any consequences that come of this.

Option: If you run an option play, please be realistic and pitch the ball before any contact on your QB. If you don't follow this guideline, you will have a shit storm quickly brewing on your ass. You will likely be asked to change offenses if this persists.

Advances: CPU Games must be done within a 48 time frame. User games will be allowed extra time if the effort is put in by both parties involved. If only one tries to schedule, they will be given a CPU game.

The amount of scholarships that can be offered at any given time will be dictated by the following formula:

A = number of seniors on your team that will graduate
    B = number of underclassmen that leave early (transfers and draft)
    C = number of walk-ons on your team. Walk-ons may be cut at any time.
    D = 70 - current amount of players currently on roster

A + B + C + D + 1 = total number of available scholarships.

15 seniors + 2 transfers/players going pro + 1 walk on + 68 man roster + 1 = 21 Scholarships

User Games: Make the effort on the boards to contact your opponent to schedule and play the game as soon as possible. If a reasonable effort to contact your opponent is not made before the day of advance, the game will be simulated or the user who did make an effort will be allowed to play the CPU. If in event of cheese or unsportsmanlike play, pause and tell the opponent what they are doing. If this play continues save a video, upload it to the net and I will deal with it accordingly. DO NOT start a war in the forums or you will be removed no questions asked. Try not to quit mid game either, that is a big no-no.

Game Play Settings:
    Level: All American
    Length: 7 minutes

Players Leaving: A player cannot be persuaded to stay if:
    • is > 90 OVR
    • has won a major award (Thorpe, Mackey, etc. EXCLUDING Ret of the year)
    Substitutions: Orange Crush expects users to keep their rosters together as they would be in real life. Keep players in their natural positions. If you have a position change you want to do, post or contact the commissioner.

Position Changes (Offseason): Simply put, if you are changing a guys positions, simply contact the commish and ok it before hand.

Package substitutions: Just to be smart with these fellas.

Game Play (General): Some keys to gameplay are:
    • Mix up your playcalling.
    • If you manually motion a player, that player must come to a stop before you can snap the ball. Also, you must wait for a trailing defender to "catch up" to the motion.
    • Counter run plays are to be used SPARINGLY (1-2 a game) and when set up.
    • Try to match up to the offenses personnel. Obviously, if it is 3rd and <5 you may be looking for the run so it would be ok to go, for example, 4-3 vs 3 WRs.
    • Hot Routing should be limited to: smart routing, keeping blockers in, or "straightening" fly patterns so the receiver doesn't get so close to the sideline.
    Game Plan Settings: You may not use aggressive gameplanning for anything.

Run Commit: The Run Commit feature is allowed in goalline situations only; that is any down when the offense is facing XX yards and goal. If you need clarification, ask.

Playcalling: This is simple, mix up your playcalling. If you need this explained, please ask.

QB Scrambling: Be realistic- make all your reads before taking off. If this needs to be explained further please do ask.

No Huddle: May be used anytime.

4th Downs: You may go for it if you are across the 40 of your opponents side of the field. I would strongly encourage kicking field goals if you can make it however, as it can piss some people off. But, in some cases, the kicker can't make it from that far so it is ok to go for it. Obviously late in the game different rules apply, use your judgement.

Fake Punt/FGs: Fake Punts and FG's are not allowed, period.

Goal Line Formation: Keep it to real life situations. Short yardage (2 yards or less), red zone, deep in your own territory (Inside the 10 yard line), etc.

Disconnects/Freezes: If you have a disconnect during a user game, simply work it out with your opponent. If this means restarting completely so be it, whatever you feel is the best go ahead with that. If you need it mediated, contact Kasper.

If you have a freeze during the game, snap a picture of the game on your cell phone and send it to Kasper utilizing the OC phone book conversation.

Restarts: Plain and simple, if you keep restarting vs the CPU I will toss you from the league. No penalty system. I may hit you with recruiting sanctions or suspend players on the first offense. Also, the game will more then likely be simmed barring proof-- also pending my judgement.

Complaints about opponent's play: As stated above, I will say it again! No Public Battles in the forums! First pause the game and let your opponent know what rule they were breaking. Give them the benefit of the doubt that it was a mistake. If it happens again, immediately contact Kasper through private messages, and the offending user will be dealt with from there. Save game footage if necessary to show how your opponent was playing- whether it be with the highlights feature on the game, or with your cell phone.

Notes on CPU games: Treat your CPU opponents with the same respect that you treat your user opponents. Blowouts happen, but there is a scoring cap of 60 points. If you go over the scoring cap, the game result will be thrown out and the game will be simmed. There is no exception to this rule. If you are up big in the 4th on the CPU, rest your star players and chew the clock. You will avoid injuries and even build up your sportsmanship rating (if you care). By playing younger players, you have the chance for them to gain in-season progression, and the chance that they progress well is also increased.

Winning Big: If you are winning by 21 or more points at anytime in the 4th quarter with 3 minutes remaining in the game take your damn foot off the gas. If the starters are in, don't try to score. There are many things you can do to keep from running the score up (chew clock, conservative playcalling such as simple halfback dives). Also, there is no need to try to take those HB dives to the house everytime, sometime it doesn't hurt to try to get tackled instead of looking like a stat whore.

Defensive Rules:
    • Moving Players Pre-Snap: If you manually move a player, you must control that player throughout the play. You can use LB and DL shifts, just not an excessive amount. If you are usering a FS don't move up into the box- if you feel you absolutely must play the run with your safety, use the SS and try not to crash the line.
    • Blitzing: While blitzing is certainly a part of the game, please be realistic when doing so, and do not use it excessively. Any attempt to confuse the AI when blitzing is prohibited (i.e. shifting your defensive line then shifting your LB’s to the A-Gap to confuse the O-Line AI).
    • 1-5-5: The 1-5-5 nickel formation is 100% banned, don't use it; period.
    • Pressing, Showing Blitz, Line & Linebacker Shifts and Stunts: This falls under mixing up your play call. Don't do any of this an excessive amount; situations will call for it, just keep it mixed up.
    • Base Defenses: A base defense is defined as the defense you regularly come out against base offensive sets (2 WR, RB, TE, FB for example). Allowed "base" defenses are 4-3, 3-4, and 4-2-5. Of course, if your opponent has an offense that comes out in a lot of 3 WR sets, variations of Nickel would more likely be used more often. If you need clarification, just ask.
    • Illegal Line Crashing: Crashing the line of scrimmage with a safety is banned. A safety's first step is never forward unless the play is a designed blitz. Backers are different, IRL they do step at the LOS.
    Forum Activity: Users should check the forums daily. Every member should contribute, this is a league based on members camaraderie -- participation makes it funner for everybody.

Required Contributions:
    1) Game Summaries - This doesn't have to be a play by play analysis of the game, but at least 5 or 6 sentences. Always include the final score as well.

2) Recruiting Updates - Let us know when you sign a recruit! Plain and simple!

3) Regular Forum Posts - If you see a discussion going on, add your opinion. Just please refrain at all costs from starting a flame war, so keep it civil. Everyone can take a little flak, just know when to pull back.

Getting Thrown Out: I'm not going to butt heads with someone repeatedly. I will talk to you before I take any drastic actions, but don't wear on my patience.

Useful Websites: - Great website with logos and other things for your content within OC. - Looking for a new playbook? This is a great tool to aid you in your search.
    Forum Name Gamertag School[/FONT]
    Kasper TKasper Oklahoma
    Jolts57 Jolts57 Oklahoma State
    hornfaninbama BulgyTexas Texas
    Philstyle3005 Philstyle3005 Baylor
    BPHusker BPHusker TCU
    Gyrene76 Gyrene76 Kansas State

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Kasper

Kasper Mr. Embolo

Apr 12, 2010