Orange Crush Season 1 ACC Blog

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Jul 19, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Reserved for content.

2. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

HokieHavenbanner.jpg

Hokies receive commitment from highly touted lineman

The Virginia Tech Hokies received their first commitment in the 2011 Class with Roxboro, NC center Jason Thompson. Thompson is 6'2 279 and can really get off the line and into his blocks quickly. He is a talented blocker, earning the #4 position ranking. "I have always wanted to be a Hokie," said Thompson, "I grew up in a family of Virginia Tech fans, and I just knew that I would end up in a Tech jersey one day."

3. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

4. fuzzyl0gic

UNC did not fare as well as VT against the Big Ten.

It was a close battle in the end, but the Tar Heels got exposed on some big running plays. Coach Fuzzy hopes for better play from his defense against another Big Ten opponent next week, Koach Vonner and his Michigan Wolverines. Both teams will be trying to recover from tough losses, and this game is huge for both teams. It could mean the difference between a 1-2 or a 2-1 start to the season.

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Maryland loses big to Miami 20-34.

"It was just sad to watch my players lose confidence after O'Brien threw his third pick on his own 5 yard line. Many players were disgusted on how he missed his wide open TE to easily tie the game up but threw it late and was picked off. Another reason to our loss was our damn defense..we held Miami on the freaking 5 yard line on 3rd and 13 Jacory Bombs it and NONE of our players tried to bat it down. Were they fucking confused at who was going to try and bat it down? That cost us the game right there. Those are all my comments" Coach Duke disgusted with his Terrapins after that loss. With that all I can say is...

[​IMG]

6. fuzzyl0gic

Once again the Tar Heels come up just short of a win against another Big Ten opponent. Renner threw two huge interceptions that ultimately cost UNC the game. The only good news is that these were out of conference games, so the Heels still have a chance at an ACC title.

The most frustrating play of the game? Late in the 4th, UNC found themselves facing a 4th and 10, and way out of field goal range. Down by 3 with little time remaining, the Heels had to go for it. Coach Fuzzy called a spacing play, and Renner hit WR Boyd who was wide open and had the first down, but the receiver dropped the ball upon a big hit by a Michigan defender. This sealed the deal for UNC, and they were forced to take a loss.

7. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Well Maryland comes up big against #9 Wisconsin 30-7. Many things went well for them this game they had zero problems throwing the ball and running is never a problem for the Terrapins. They rebounded well from the loss to Miami and have much more in store for the season.

8. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

ACC/B1G Challenge(Football Style)

Week 1

Maryland - 38
    Nebraska - 14

The Terps took out the Huskers in a stunning upset to give the ACC the nod in the only week 1 matchup. Meggett was the MVP with 149 yards rushing and 4 TDs

Week 2

Virginia Tech - 34
    Nebraska - 19

The Hokies continued the ACC dominance over the Huskers, sending them to 0-2 on the season, Jarrett Boykin took home MVP honors with 136 yard receiving and 2 TDs

MSU - 34
    UNC - 28

The ACC's first loss comes in Chapel Hill, with MSU's Baker taking home the MVP award with an astonishing 202 yards and 3 TDs on 8 carries.

Wisonsin - 23
    GT - 10

GT was outmatched physically as Wiscy RB Hill runs for 107 yards and a TD to garner the MVP

Clemson - 13
    Michigan - 10

A defensive battle gets the ACC back on track with Clemson winning, led by Breeland who had 2 tackles, 1 sack, and 1 FF

BC- 49
    Illinois - 35

BC wins a shootout behind game MVP Harris who ran for 156 yards and 2 TDs

Week 3 Matchups
    VT@Illinois
    Maryland @ Wisconsin
    Michigan @ UNC

Current standings:
    ACC-4
    B1G-2

• Like Like x 2
  9. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

I can't believe I almost lost to the CPU, for some reason their QB's passes just made my DB's dumb up. They didn't wake up and start playing normal until the fourth quarter. In the first half the guy would throw a slant and my DB would be underneath and in position but not even try to make a play on the ball, it was crazy.

Anyways we need to get back to playing hard nosed BC defense!

10. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Clemson lands its first recruit of the season :4stars: G Matt Russell from Lombard, Illinois. Matt will most likely play RG/C for the Tigers.

11. gwill

Clemson extends the ACC win total to 7 with a 24-14 win over Michigan State. The Tiger D was fantastic as they forced 4 turnovers and had 10 sacks. Malliciah Goodman and Brandon Thompson had 3 sacks each and Corrico Hawkins had 8 tackles. Tajh Boyd had his best game this season throwing 2 TD's and 123 yards passing. HB Mike Bellamy added 38 yards rushing, and 21 yards receiving and TD with 2 catches.

12. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

10 damn sacks?

13. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Well, the ACC has the ACC/B1G challenge locked up with Maryland, VT, and Clemson going undefeated in the challenge at 2-0. The other win came from BC who could go 2-0 with this weeks game against ND. GT is at 0-1 with a game against ND left and UNC brings up the rear losing both games to go 0-2(@fuzzyl0gic, slacker (y))

Anyways.....

PARTY!!!!!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. The Natural

BC knocks off Clemson setting up a big game with VTech next week.

15. gwill

Well so much for the ACC title going through Clemson. VT, BC, and Maryland curb stomped that dream out of reality. I just hope I can get to 6 wins.

16. fuzzyl0gic

On a positive note, you lost two of them by just a FG. A little more push and you're there. Make sure you post up a user scouting report for RyanC if you can though, that 45-7 victory he had scares me.

17. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I jedi mind tricked him into forgetting

[​IMG]

18. The Natural

Is that the same technique you used to trick Logan Thomas into thinking he was a Quarterback instead of a Tight End?

19. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

He played QB all through HS. I don't know why recruiting services thought he was a TE prospect. I don't think the VT coaching staff ever had any intention of him playing anything but QB

20. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

How does everyone feel about their recruiting so far?

I like what I have been able to do, I got a QB of the future, a HB that fits my offensive style, and a WR that is a need with 3 seniors graduating. Plus I was able to sure up an offensive line that is highly inconsistent

21. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

My class fucking sucks. That how I feel about recruiting lol

22. The Natural

Not great, but starting off as one of the only 3star teams in the league I knew I had my luck cut out for me. I know that it will only get better as my team prestige increases. Once I can consistently attract 4-5star talent I can run my offensive and defense scheme the way I want to instead of having to work around with what I have now.

You have one of the best offensive lines in the ACC...

23. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

They don't play like it dangit.

24. The Natural

After one helluva road trip BC is happy to be back home after:

Away at Clemson
    Away at Virginia Tech
    Away at Maryland

25. robmacdog

robmacdog Walk On

Georgia Tech QB Controversy

Starting QB Tevin Washington hasn't been good all season, but over the last 2 weeks he's been awful (to put it lightly). In a blowout loss to Clemson last week, Coach Mac benched Washington (1-7 3 yds 3 INT in the first half) in favor of RS Freshman Synjyn Days. Davis threw 2 INTs of his own but showed much better touch on his passes than Washington and finished with 148 yds passing and a TD. Days is faster and has a better arm than Washington, but lacks experience. The latter won't be the case much longer as Days will start this week against Notre Dame. Coach Mac said, "Synjyn is no longer the QB of the future. He's the quarterback of now. We need to win games and I think he's the guy that gives us the best opportunity to do just that. Obviously, you never want to have to change QBs in the middle of a season because that means your starter is either injured or playing poorly, but luckily we have a quality player in Synjyn that has a stronger and more accurate arm that Washington. Hell, he's even faster than Tevin. As for our WRs... well, we have no quality depth and we'll just have to ride out this year with what we've got."

• Like Like x 1