Oregon Ducks Game Summaries - Year 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Renegade-Ice, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Oregon Ducks Game Summaries - Year 3

Week 1
    Oregon Ducks at Colorado Buffaloes

Final Score
    Oregon Colorado
    31 6

2. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Week 2
    Oregon Ducks at #13 Oklahoma State Cowboys

Final Score
    Oregon Oklahoma State
    10 - 38

3. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Week 3
    Oregon Ducks at Washington State Cougars

Final Score
    Oregon WSU
    49 - 14

4. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Week 4
    Oregon Ducks -vs- UCLA Bruins

Final Score
    Oregon UCLA
    27 - 22

5. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Week 5
    Oregon Ducks at #22 Cal-Berkley

Final Score
    Oregon Cal
    57 - 10

Next week's opponent: Arizona Wildcats

6. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Year 3, Week 6
    Oregon Ducks 52 -vs- Arizona Wildcats 24

[​IMG]

Live from Autzen Stadium - Home of the Oregon Ducks, Eugene Oregon

Tenacious DEF & Impressive Play Calling Make for Long Day for the Wildcats of Arizona!
    1ST HALF
    [​IMG]The Ducks hit the field with aggression and allowed their defense to lead them to an astonishing 52-24 victory over the visiting Arizona Wildcats. The Duck's defense came through time and time again with critical stops to the Wildcats offense. With the game starting, the Wildcats received the ball first and advanced the ball down the field until their offense stalled just past midfield. Upon receiving the ball, the Duck's systematically advanced the ball within Arizona's redzone and hit pay dirt with HB J. Shinaba punched it in from the 1 yard line, and making the score 7-0 for the Ducks. The Wildcats took the receiving kickoff and were successful in advancing the ball down the field. Arizona HB K. Antolin, who had a monster day, was successful in getting into the endzone with 1:26 remaining in the 1st quarter, off a 32 yard dash down the left sideline making the score 7-7. Reminding everyone why the Duck's are so dangerous this year, WR B. Lane gathered in the onsuing kickoff and proceeded to return it 97 yards...untouched (see video below) and making the score 14-7 ending the 1st quarter. With the start of the 2nd QTR, the Wildcats were unsuccessful in yielding any points with their possession and were forced to punt the ball to an eagerly waiting Oregon team. QB D. Thomas, as accurate as he is mobile, found success in utilzing his many weapons in WR B. Lane, HB J. Shinaba, FB M. Lewis, and WR Embry. Caught napping, the Oregon QB D. Thomas scrambled to the right and found no open receiver...so he ran it in from the 5 yard line, and that made the score 21-7. The Wildcat's next possession saw them make a quick strike, when the Oregon defense was caught off-guard while expecting play action. However, instead Arizona HB K. Antolin hit the left hole off the tackle and ran for a 92 yard touchdown...this making the score 21-14 at the half...and pissing off a very formidable Oregon ball club.

2ND HALF
    With renewed emphasis strill remaining in this game. The Ducks took to the field and had possession of the ball to start the 2nd half. QB D. Thomas marched his offensive unit into Arizona's redzone, but stalled, and the Duck's were forced to settle for a FG, making the score 24-14. With the Oregon defense digging in at this point, Oregon MLB J. Hood intercepted a pass across the middle and gave the Oregon offense prestine field position. The drive ended with HB J. Shinaba punching it in, again, from the 1 yard line and making the score 31-14 (31-17 after the Wildcats successfully kicked a 24 yard FG) to end the 3rd quarter. The start of the 4th quarter saw FS K. Alonzo intercept his first of 2 INTs of the game, and return it to the 11 yard line. On the next play from scrimmage, QB D. Thomas took it to the house with a 10 yard run after failing to find any open receivers, and stretched the score to 38-17. With one of the few mistakes by the defensive coach, Arizona was able to find success when QB Foyles found WR D. Veal for a 62 yard strike down the right sideline, and making the score 38-24. On the next ensuing possession by the Duck's, QB D. Thomas was able to hookup with WR B. Lane streaking across the middle for their own version of a 62 yard TD strike, and again stretching the score to 45-24. The Wildcats were unable to sustain a drive and were forced to punt the ball back to Oregon. The Duck's went into a run heavy offense that culminated with HB J. Shinaba finding the endzone off a 1 yard gain, where the score went to 52-24 and remained that way until the end of the game.

PLAYERS OF THE GAME
    Oregon: QB Derron Thomas (18-35, 385 yards, 1 TD; 11 carr-87 yds-2 TDs)
    Wildcats: HB K. Antolin (20 carr - 215 yds - 2 TDs)

Week 7 Status: Bye

[YOUTUBE]Gt6P5PYYqXs[/YOUTUBE]​

7. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Year 3, Week 7 - Bye

Oregon Duck's organization was busy this week with recruiting tasks.

8. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Year 3, Week 8
    Oregon Ducks 42 -vs- Arizona State Sun Devils 3

[​IMG]

Live from Frank Kush Field (Sun Devil Stadium), Tempe Arizona

1St QTR
    Arizona Sun Devils had first possession, unsuccessful in advancing the ball went 3-and-out and punted to an awaiting Duck’s WR Embry. Upon receiving the punt, QB D Hawkins hit HB J. Shinaba for a huge gain down the left side. That play setup the Duck’s first score, a 12 yard pass from QB D. Hawkins to WR B. Lane, making the score 7-0. Once again, the Sun Devils had no success in moving the ball and eventually had to punt again, after a nasty blitz from Duck’s FS Breefeelt. On the Duck’s second possession of the game, QB Derron Thomas marched to offense downfield and connected with WR B. Lane for another huge gain. The Duck’s scored when HB J. Shinaba found the endzone on a 6 yard run, ad making the score 14-0 in favor of the Ducks. The Sun Devil’s next possession of the game fared no better, as the offense was stifiled, and again forced to punt with 1:08 remaining in the quarter.

2ND QTR
    The 2nd quarter found the Duck’s defense settling in and not allowing any positive yardage. The Sun Devils found little success in the air, but were eventually forced to punt the ball away to an awaiting Duck’s return man. With possession of the ball and 2:20 remaining in the half, QB D. Hawkins connected with TE D. Jordan for a 19 yard TD pass, making the score 21-0. The Sun Devils did find success in advancing the ball to within the redzone, however, with the pressure being applied by the Duck’s defense Sun Devil’s QB S. Szakacey was continually sacked to where they had to settle for a 36 yard FG, making the score 21-3.

[​IMG]
    Duck's FS T. Briffett gets sack #2, while WR B Lane scores a TD, 1 of his 3 for the day!​

3RD QTR
    With the start of the 3rd quarter, the Ducks had possession of the ball. Systematically the Ducks advanced the ball downfield behind the arms of both QBs Derron Thomas, and D. Hawkins. The drive ended when QB D. Hawkins found WR B. Lane for his second TD of the day, making the score 28-3. And yet, after another frustrating series of downs for Sun Devils QB S. Szakacey, the Ducks received yet another punt from Arizona ending the 3rd quarter.

4TH QTR
    With the 4th quarter underway, the Ducks drew first blood when So. QB D. Hawkins found WR B. Lane for a 54 yard TD pass, making the score 35-3. The Sun Devils next possession summed up their entire game, as QB S. Szakacey let the ball get away from him and threw his first interception of the day. The next play from scrimmage, QB D. Hawkins found WR G. Embry for an 18 yard TD, and QB D. Hawkins 5th TD of the day…making the score 42-3.

GAME NOTES:
    The Sun Devils were unable to positively advance the ball for positive yardage for the duration of the game. Much emphasis should be placed on the Duck’s defensive unit as they amassed an impressive 5 sacks during this game…4 of which came in the 1st half of play. The Duck’s coaches will be assessing the defense play of this game and making adjustments accordingly. Recruitment efforts will be concentrated on the defensive side of the ball…the organization feels this is a rebuilding year, and the players are responding well to the newly appointed coach Renegade-Ice. We look for great things with this squad in the coming year, as well as for next year.

PLAYERS OF THE GAME
    Oregon: WR Brice Lane: 7 recp-132 yds-3 TDs
    Arizona: DE V. Burfict: 8 Tkls-2 sacks

Status for Week 9: Bye Week

9. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Year 3, Week 9: Bye Week

Due to the bye week with no game scheduled, the coaching staff of the Oregon Ducks was busy with recruiting tasks this week.

Next Week (Week 10): The Ducks entertain the visiting #5 Washington Huskies at home in Eugene, Oregon.

10. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Year 3, Week 10
    #14 Oregon Ducks [6-1] 17 -vs- #5 Washington Huskies [6-0] 31
    [​IMG]
    Live from Autzen Stadium (Home of the Oregon Ducks), Eugene, Oregon

GAME SYNOPSIS
    Through the help of an Agressive Game Plan, the Washington Huskies were able to come out of Autzen Stadium with a conference win against the Oregaon Ducks. With what appeared to be shaping up to be a good game that would be decided in the trenches, the Agressive game plan tactic became the deciding factor in this game instead of 2 people going mono-on-mono till the end. The Ducks finished with an astonishing 7 penalties for over 70 yards...yep, this is no misprint...over 70 yards in penalties...unbelievable...and what's worse is the Ducks were playing at home! Any positive yardage at crucial times was called back for holding, clipping, facemasking....I'm surprised the umpire didn't throw the yellow flag for my linemen farting! Often duing this game, the Ducks were faced with 2nd and long after a costly penalty. When trying to run outside, holding was called, when trying to run up the middle, clipping was called...when trying to pass...my QB was over throwing the ball over the receivers head on a slant route where he was clearly wide open, dropping passes, fumbling left-and-right...just crazy. The one play where I was successful in getting my HB Jide Shinaba to get some positive yardage...he gets hurts...so this is amble warning for all other coaches out there within the Gridiron Gladiators league...we can play heads up...or we can play using all the quirks of the game...I will let you decide when we play...but if you don't following the rules....I'm surely not going to anymore!

NEXT WEEK: Oregon Ducks play host to visiting Stanford Cardinals

11. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Year 3, Week 11
    #12 Oregon Ducks 39 -vs- Stanford Cardinals 6

[​IMG]
    Live from Autzen Stadium (Home of the Ducks), Eugene, Oregon

1st QTR
    In pristine conditions on their home turf, Autzen Stadium, the Oregon Ducks took the field against the visiting Stanford Cardinals. In what would soon to be a defensive monopoly by the Ducks, the stingy Oregon defensive unit held the Cardinals intact all game, and only allowed 6 points the entire game. With the Stanford Cardinals winning the kickoff, the Duck’s defense was successful in limiting the Cardinals to no positive yards. Faced with 3rd and long, the Cardinals QB JOE BLOW was picked off by the Duck’s Fr sensation FS Marques Hood, who returned the interception 70 yards for the TD. With the offensive coordinator calling for a 2-point conversion…the effort was unsuccessful and the score was 6-0 in favor of the Ducks. The Cardinals next possession stalled again after they failed to advance the ball deep within the red zone, and had to settle for a 35 yard FG by K B. Roberts, this made the score 6-3. When the Ducks took over possession, they methodically advanced the ball downfield that culminated with a 2 yard pass from Duck’s QB Derron Thomas to TE Dion Jordan, and following K J. White’s kick for the XP the score was 13-3…Ducks!

2nd QTR
    Just inside the 2nd QTR, the Duck’s defense struck…when MLB Marques Hood intercepted a pass intended for Stanford WR Rueland. With the Ducks well within scoring range, QB Derron Thomas wasted little time when he found TE Dion Jordan again in the end zone for a 6 yard TD pass and his second TD of the game, which made the score 20-3 after the successful XP by Duck’s kicker J. White. Again stifling the Stanford offense, the Duck’s defense came up big when DE Divincenzo sacked the Cardinals QB for a huge loss. Backed up deep, the Duck’s defense came up big again when they were successful in sacking Cardinal QB in the end zone for a safety. This made the score 22-3 for the Ducks. With the Cardinals kicking the ball away back to the Ducks, the Ducks took possession with excellent field position. However, they were unable to get into the end zone and settled for a 49 yard FG by Kicker J. White, and made the score 25-3.

[​IMG]
    2 of many sacks on the day shown here...Cardinals faced a tenacious Ducks defense all day!

3rd QTR
    With 2:18 remaining in the 3rd QTR, the Cardinals finally amassed additional points when Kicker B. Roberts connected with a 22 yard FG, and put the score at 25-6 for the Ducks. Not to be outdone, on Oregon’s next possession the Duck’s QB Derron Thomas rolled out left and found TE David Paulson streaking across the middle for a 32 yard pass for a TD, making the score 32-6 after the XP by K J. White and time running out in the QTR.

4th QTR
    With the final QTR starting, the Duck’s defense stepped up again when MLB M. Hood forced a fumble by the Cardinal HB, and giving the ball back to the Ducks. The Ducks wasted no time in capitalizing on their good fortune, as QB Derron Thomas dropped back and hit WR Diante Jackson cutting across the middle for a 5 yard TD pass making the score 39-6. The score remained at 39-6 throughout the rest of the game with the Duck’s offense running out the clock.

PLAYERS OF THE GAME:
    Ducks: QB Derron Thomas – 17-34-284-4 TDs /
    Cards: MLB S. Skow – 8 Tkls (2 TFLs), 1 sack

GAME SYNOPSIS
    This was a game that saw the Oregon defense flex it’s muscle. They allowed the Stanford offense minimal yardage while orchestrating crucial turnovers by Cardinal offensive players. The receiving corps of the Ducks again dominated the game as well, as this week the TEs got in on the game. With the mix of outstanding receivers and a mobile QB, the Oregon Ducks are quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with.

12. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

How did him using an aggressive gameplan force you into so many penalties? Because after reading that are you saying that you are using aggressive gameplanning and it backfired on you? Or are you saying that washington was using aggressive gameplanning and somehow caused you to get penalties called on you?

13. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

I use a normal game plan because we can't use aggressive. However, if you play against someone who is using Agressive then your team is going to suffer accordingly. Hey, I'm not pissed or anything...but when you get over 7 penalties for over 80 yards or whatever, doesn't take a rocket scientist to know something is going on...especially when all your positive yardage is somehow taken away by holding, clipping, facemasking. I was astonished and kept pausing the game to ensure I didn't have anything checked that shouldn't have been. It was just plain bad but I didn't change my settings and just kept playing...didn't want to hear the drama. I researched the different game plans and forums and found if you have a regular game plan versus an Agressive game plan then there are going to be times when that Aggressive plan takes over and hence, you get creamed. What took me by surprise mostly as I was reading is...lets say your QB is rated in the lower 80s as mine is...he is going to make additional mistakes as a normal game plan cause the Agressive plan forces him to do things outside his constraints. So if you have a non-mobile QB and your opponent is using an aggressive jump snap his DEF line is going to get to you regularly...and if they don't you are not going to have enough time to do anything. Hence the GA Bulldog team, he wasn't blitzing with his DEs...the computer was using them. He had his line set to Aggressive...and well...the rest is history. Play them now on an even playing field and you will see a markedly difference. But hey, that's just spilled water under the bridge...I've moved on and learned from it..and I can assure you that it wont happen to me again! That post you read was me posting immediately after the game...I have since calmed down dramatically and put things back in perspective...it's just a game...have fun...period!

14. jca312

jca312 Walk On

SERIOUSLY!?!?
    I did not use aggressive gameplan, in fact, I put almost everything on conservative. It's not cool and unfair of you to accuse me of cheating. I'm not a cheeser and I'm not a cheater. I played you completely heads up and it seems a little bit like sour grapes that you are accusing me of cheating. When I beat you last year when you were USC, you blamed the CPU and said you were sick of playing with USC. I am not so serious about this that I need to break rules, I play straight up, if I win great, if I lose, at least I gave it my best and I had fun. It's a video game. It's not that serious. I have a problem with someone questioning my integrity without any proof because they can't find a way to beat me. That's just stupid.

15. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

EDIT: Whoah, nevermind. Wrong league.

16. DC

DC Shake n Bake

its gone and past ....lets just let this go

17. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

The thing i said about banning aggressive gameplanning has already taken effect 1 week into the enforcement. I'm not taking either side here let me be clear on that, but here's where the problems come in. If someone has a bad game or if someone was really using aggressive, there's no way to really know. So now you have bad blood floating around because of it. It only took one week. this is a traditionfootball wide issue.

18. DC

DC Shake n Bake

i sense some carry over from last season here shadow. and honestly this is a non issue. why exactly did you bring this back up. neither had responded until you posted.

19. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I asked a question looking for clarification on his thoughts on the issue after reading the summary.

20. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Wasn't shadow's fault, I just hadn't been on for a bit and saw it. Renegade psned me about how it was ridiculous his qb was missing receivers during the game, so I was curious what he was going to post in his game summary.

21. DC

DC Shake n Bake

obviously this was going to bring up an argument. any1 could have seen it coming. Jca>>>renegade has calmed down since his post. he posted out of frustration. Dont worry about it lets just move on.

Thanks
    bk

22. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Year 3, Week 12
    #12 Oregon Ducks 49 -vs- #10 Notre Dame Fighting Irish 6
    [​IMG]
    Live from Autzen Stadium (Home of the Ducks), Eugene, Oregon

#12 OREGON DUCKS UPSET #10 NOTRE DAME AT HOME IN EUGENE, OREGON...MOVE UP IN BCS RANKINGS

[​IMG] Duck's take Leprachauns to Woodshed!
    HB Shinaba sprints up the middle for a 32 yard TD run!

In a game where expert analysts predicted a close game that would be decided by the team having the best defense, it was clear...that team was the Oregon Ducks today! The Ducks hosted the visiting Notre Dame Fighting Irish at Autzen Stadium and commenced to orchestrating a 49-6 blow out victory of the Irish. Led by Sr sensation QB Derron Thomas, the Ducks had little resistance advancing the ball in the air. The passing game was complimented by HB Jide Shinaba, who finished with almost 100 yards on the ground, and FB M. Lewis, who found the end zone 1 time during this game. The Duck's defense came into today's contest pumped up after last week's victory over the Stanford Cardinals. Obviously still within that mindset, the Ducks shut the door to the Irish running game and held stand-out WR Evans in check all day, with the Duck's secondary making play after play. The specifics of the game are listed below.

1ST QTR

2ND QTR

[​IMG]

3RD QTR

4TH QTR

PLAYERS OF THE GAME

GAME SYNOPSIS

NEXT WEEK:

23. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Look man, I'm not saying anyone "cheated"...I did some research on this issue and found alot of things out. The "system" is capable of alot more than I had ever guessed. There are senarios that happened within our game, that well have not been isolated to just this game to my surprise. The "why" and "how" it took place was explained and actually made a lot of sense...so if I implied to anyone that you cheated I'm terribly sorry...was not my intention to piss anyone off...I like talking and writing trash...I don't take things to heart...especially a game. I found a large part of the problem was my game play (actually play calling) combined with average team trying to do things outside of their designed parameters. I have to play this team within their realistic scope. Anyway, it's going to be a learning experience until I recruit the kinds of players that will react and move the way I like to play! Again, sorry for any misunderstanding dude...we cool?

Renegade-Ice