Oregon State 29, Stanford 15

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by The Parrothead, Aug 2, 2011.

1. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Thanks to the server booting the game, this one had to be played in two sittings. The disconnect happened in the second quarter with Oregon State leading 7-0. Can't recall how it went down, to be honest.

The remainder of the game was played in a restart, with Oregon State spotted a 7 point lead. Oregon State would get the ball and have to punt. Stanford would then take the ball and drive down the field, ending with a 17 yard TD pass from Luck. Unfortunately for Luck, that would be the only time he could slip one through the Beavers (I love being Oregon State, lol). On Oregon State's ensuing possession, Katz would hit Gwacham on a huge 3rd down play, with Gwacham running it in for a 74 yard score. At the end of the "2nd" quarter, it's Oregon State 14, Stanford 7.

Luck would throw the first of four interceptions on Stanford's next possession. The Beavers couldn't punch it in, and settled for a 36 yard FG to go up by 10. Forcing another punt, the Beavers would drive and connect on a 45 yard FG with 1:50 remaining. It's now 20-7, Oregon State.

Stanford takes possession and tries to get some passing going to score before the quarter ends (as this game would force the half). It ends badly as Luck is sacked in the end zone for a Beaver safety. 22-7 Oregon State after 3. Thanks to the forced halftime, Oregon State kicks off to Stanford. Taylor makes the Beavers pay, taking it right up the middle for 48 yards. Stanford goes for 2 and connects, making the score 22-15.

Oregon State gets the ball back, and tries to run some clock. Sensing the Cardinal are focusing on the run, Coach Parrothead decides to try and catch the defense sleeping. Katz drops back and finds James Rodgers has beat his man on a fly pattern. Katz launches it and Rodgers grabs it as it barely clears the hands of the Cardinal defensive back. It's now 29-15. Luck throws his fourth pick on the last possession, and Oregon State is able to just run the clock out.

To complete the game, I ran a bunch of clock in the 4th quarter (this game was showing a 22-15 score at the time) hoping it would secure the win for the dynasty. Kicked a 33 yard FG to make the dynasty score 25-15. I'm sure a lot of strategy would have changed if not for the stupid server disconnect. Outside of that, gg HotRod

Oregon State now sits in the driver's seat of the Pac 12 north. Next up, a trip to Berkeley to take on the Cal Bears.

2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    GG, just an awful game all around for us. My O-line was absolutely putrid as it has been all season. Still don't get it really, cause they are pretty well rated yet dudes come in untouched. I've been an INT machine this season, still trying to figure things out. Anyway we were outplayed, GL rest of the way, we'll be back.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Hotrod that was disappointing. We need you to teach these N00Bs a lesson not receive one.

4. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Trust me, I'm more disappointed than anyone.

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

couldn't agree more with this statement. I believe Wisconsin has the highest rated OLine of all the user teams...I know we had 2 preseason 1st team all-americans. And at times, it's like they are not even there. Sacked before I get to my 3rd step with DT/DE coming untouched. Mindbottling (yes I said it).

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

they can run block though.....:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Yeah I haven't seen terrible play from my OL. I usually feel like they do a decent job. I do feel a bit like you have to throw the routes a little more 'on time' this year. Meaning there are times where you cannot wait until the WR is open--you have to throw it when you see he WILL be open.

That was a fun game to watch. Parrot has some skills. The Pac-12 will be interesting with him and top ballers HotRod and Max. Hey at least jfosh is out there to bring the talent level down significantly. :oops:

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

One problem I have noticed is that it seems like the WRs take forever to run some routes....like 4 secs is way too long on some in and out routes. Also the trajectory of the ball is interesting....either it is too low or too high and slow.

9. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

word!!!

10. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Agree, and that's what frustrates the hell out of me. I sitting there waiting for these dudes to get going, next thing I know there's a DT in my face in 2 secs. I guarantee Stanford leads the nation in sacks allowed. My guards have probably allowed at least 10 each.