Oregon State 34, Cal 24

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by The Parrothead, Aug 3, 2011.

1. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Fresh off a victory aganst then #1 Stanford and taking the #1 slot themselves (although probably contested due to the server issue with South Carolina), the Beavers come out flat and nearly blow it. Oregon State took the opening kickoff and drove down for a FG to go up 3-0. Cal answers with a couple of big plays ending in a 1 yard TD run to go up 7-3.

Oregon State again drives the field and again settles for a FG. 7-6, Cal. Immediately after that, Cal comes up with a 72 yard TD run to go up 14-6. Throwing the first of three interceptions, Oregon State looks doomed. The defense bends but doesn't break, allowing a FG to make the score 17-6 Cal. Oregon State finally wakes up at this point, with Ryan Katz hitting WR Markus Wheaton for 89 yards and a score. 17-13, Cal. Cal would be forced to punt, and the Beavers would take advantage. With 26 seconds left in the half, Katz finds WR Jordan Bishop in the back of the end zone. At the half, it's 20-17, Oregon State.

The third quarter wouldn't be much of anything, as Oregon State scored the only points with a 40 yard FG. At the end of 3, it's 23-17 Oregon State.

After the Beavers took a 31-17 lead 30 seconds in and added a FG 2 minutes later to make it 34-17, things got interesting. Cal broke off another huge run. This one a 71 yard TD. I swear my guys just flat out sucked today. It's now 34-24 with 4:12 left in the game. HB Ryan McCants comes out for a breather, and backup Jordan Jenkins decides to put it on the ground. Cal scoops it and goes 50 yards for a score to make it 34-30 with 2:44 left in the game. But wait a minute! They're going to check this one out. Ref comes out: call on the field overturned! Oregon State gets the ball back and just drives the field chewing clock.

Oregon State hosts Washington next week. A win here would lock up the division title.

Also, hoping that I don't get the same treatment Blaza got. After it got back to the dynasty screen, it said it couldn't upload the results. Junk is out there showing I won, so hopefully I don't get screwed...