Oregon State Recruiting

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Lee.Flex, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

The Beaver Dam Weekly

Oregon State Beavers

Record: 2-2
    Last Game: L 28-34 UCLA

Recruiting:
    T(***)T.Smart - Great run blocking ability. Has good strength and footwork. Will need to work on pass blocking.

C(***)T.Williams - Decent at pass and run blocking. With a little work he should find himself starting his Junior year.

DT(*)S.Mays - Decent moves and tackling. Will need to do a lot of strength training his red-shirt freshman year to be able to compete for a back up spot.

Injury Report:
    RB J.Rodgers - Rodgers was a bit shaken up during last weeks game against UCLA. He went off the field for a series but was back in later. Trainers said it was nothing serious and he will be 100% for the Arizona game in 2 Weeks.

Coach's Corner:
    "Loss last week.... just put it all on me. Vaz made some bad decisions but im the one that put the game on his shoulders. We should of stuck to the run game,.. I mean, damn,... Rodgers had 3 touchdowns in the first half. If we would stick to what we know, we might of won that game. It was a bad loss and I just feel like I let down all those players in that locker room. My coaching staff and I will get it fixed and we will still compete for a Pac-10 title and Rose Bowl bid."

2. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Great signings for the offense, and the "Beavs".

3. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

9/29/09

Last Game: Bye Week

Recruiting:
    (**)FB D.Smith - Smith has a lot of upside to him. He has decent speed and can break tackles. His trucking is outstanding and his run block is excellent considering he is a ** prospect. Needs to work on pass blocking and will need some time to adjust to the new "Rabi Beaver" offensive scheme.

Injury Report:
    RB J.Rodgers - Rodgers is good enough to practice on a limited basis this week. He will split snaps with back-up RB McCants. Rodgers is expected back later this week for full practice with the 1st team offense.

Coach's Corner:
    "We are turning over a new leaf here. The new offense is coming to form and all the players are starting to click. As good as we look in practice, im sure some wrinkles will show vs Arizona in 2 weeks, but for right now we are on schedule to break out the "Rabi Beaver" offense vs Arizona. Im not going to get into detail about the scheme, but you will see it in 2 weeks."

4. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Last Game: Bye

Recruiting:
    QB(***)R.McKinney - McKinney has great accuracy passing. He needs to work on his arm strength and awareness. He is a bit of an Iron Man, not getting injured often and staying fresh during long drives.

Injury Report:
    No Injuries.

Coach's Corner:
    "We are on our second bye week in a row, and it has allowed to put a little extra work into our offense. Our players are excited for our match up next week vs Arizona."

5. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

UPDATE 10/14/2009

Record: 4-3
    Last Game: 35-7 W WSU

Recruiting Commits:

CB (****) J.Smith - Smith has decent speed abd is good in Man Coverage (B). His Acceleration (B+) will come in handy in Nickel back packages. Look for him to start his freshman season at either #3 or #4 DB.

TE (***) D.Henley - Henley has average speed (C). His catching is above average for a TE (B-). He will need to work on his Run Block (C+) and Pass Block (C) to become a #1 TE for OSU, but as a freshman the skills traits are there and we expect him to get some early playing time so he can really put his skills into motion.

MLB (***) J.Hudson - Hudson posses great speed and pursuit (B-) for a young LB. His hit power is good at (B-), but he will need to work on his (C+) tackling and his Zone Coverage (D+). Don't look for him to start anytime soon, he still is raw potential that needs a bit more developing.

QB (***) R.McKinney - McKinney's biggest strength is his accuracy (B). Not sure how he will be a true fit for this offense, as I prefer mobile QB's to run the Rabi Beaver offense. If he is the only QB we sign this year, expect him to get some early playing time. If we sign one of the mobile QB's we are talking with, expect him to fill in as a Back up.

C (***) T.Williams - Great run blocking center (B-) and decent pass block (C+) for a young talent. Look for him to mature at this next level of football, and possibly get some playing time his sophomore year.

T (***) T.Smart - All blocking skills are at (C+) right now. He will need to impove into the (B) range to really make an impact for this teams gameplan. Expect to see him his Sophomore year as a starter, directly after his RS season.

FB (**) D.Smith - Smith has good speed (C+) for a young FB. His trucking is (B-) and his break tackle is (C+). He needs to work on his blocking (C) to accelerate at this level, but he should see some playing time his sophomore year and be ready to start his Junior year.

DT (*) S.Mays - Mays can come in for back up duty once he gets some of his skills up. He is (C+) at tackling and is more of a finesse DT (C+). Look for him to improve his block shedding (C+) and pursuit (C) over his RS season.

Coaches Corner:
    "Its a big week for us. We have to get it together if we plan on beating out a good Washington team. They have the momentum right now coming off a Win to Arizona State. They are 3-2 in conference, we are 2-2. This is going to be a smash mouth game and all I can do is keep my players motivated and prepared. Its going to be a battle, and we will need our Orange Crush crowd to keep the Stadium roaring and we need our players to keep the intensity High so the crowd will have a reason to shout."