Oregon State's New Offense... Sort of

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by sawemoff, Oct 17, 2012.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]
    Good evening ladies and welcome to an inside scoop of my "new" offense.​
    SPECULATIONS SQUASHED
    There was a lot of speculation I was going to the I-Form Triple Option offense inspired by two things, my old high schools offense and the personnel I have. I have a RB with size, agile, and quick enough to be moved to the FB position. The other two RBs I recruited fit well in this system BUT I found out something through labbing online. The Game AI is not made for this type of offense. I was pretty much only going to my FB. If I tried to go with the other portion of the offense I got popped and in that one or two times I was able to get out in space I went nowhere. Anyways I went back to the drawing boards, searched, and created a balanced attack. Of course you all know me so it will be a run first type of offense.
    PURPOSE
    I came up with a PB that draws the same purpose as the I-Form Option offense, pure nastiness. And I do not mean nastiness in a good connotation either. The offense is a grind it out, nasty, dig down deep in the trenches offense. I want to make defenses have to scrap and claw their way to my RBs, FBs, QBs and WRs (sometimes). This goes both ways since I want my offense to do the same thing and accomplish one thing, waste the clock and give offense's like Baron 's no chance to step on the field. :p I also just want to fuck your world up with my running game, sorry JFace907. :(

PLAYBOOK BREAKDOWN
    Auburn based:
    19 Total Formations- 13 formations taken out; 8 similar formations put in​
    297 Plays​
    5 Ace Formations​
    3 I-Formations​
    1 Pistol​
    8 Shotgun Formations​
    2 Strong-I Formations​
    Ace:
    Big Flip (added), Big Wing, F Pair Twins, Twin TE, Wing Trio (added), Wing Trio TE (subtracted)
    This formation is to cause choas. Simply put people will be moving around, mainly the TE/FB, to keep the defense guessing at which way the ball will be run.​
    I-Form:
    Slot (added), Tight, Twins (added), Twin TE (subtracted)
    The grinding begins here. Run heavy with a sprinkle of passes and play actions so do not get lulled to sleep!​
    Pistol:
    Wing Trio, Wing Trips TE (subtracted)
    Pretty much a "WTF" formation. I am not a big fan of the pistol but I could not pass up this unique formation.​
    Shotgun:
    4WR Trio, 5WR Flex Trey (subtracted), Ace Twins Wk, Double Flex, Empty Base (subtracted), Empty Wing Trio, Normal Wing TE (added), Normal Wing Wk (subtracted), Slot F Wing (added), Spread Flex, Trips Over (subtracted), Trips TE (subtracted), Wing Offset Wk (subtracted), Y-Trips HB Wk​
    Not much to say here except this where a lot of my balance will come from. I can give you a hint and it is "Little Tebow Time."​
    Strong-I:
    H-Pro (subtracted), Normal (added), Tight (added), Twin TE (subtracted)
    Here again run heavy and these formations are pretty much my goaline formations.​
    Hail Mary: Subtracted
    :doodie:
    Goaline: Subtracted
    :doodie:
    Hopefully this will hold you over until our offseason begins tonight. Get excited about the upcoming season! I know NCAA is taking a back seat from Madden BUT with the guys we have and the guys that will fill the empty spots we should have a grand time!​

• Like Like x 4
  2. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Good stuff Saw

3. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Great stuff sawemoff

Hopefully we can freaking play one another, so I can show you how to stop such an offense. ;)

4. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I hate you

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Haha what did I do.. other than take your Freshman WR from you :p

6. Bulldog

Your gonna destroy me when we play

7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Haha lets schedule an OOC game!

Remember one thing, you are USC still. I haven't come close to you in recruiting so you still have a few more years before you need to start worrying!

8. Bulldog

I couldn't win without a good team. ;)