1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Oregon State's New Offense... Sort of

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by sawemoff, Oct 17, 2012.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]
    Good evening ladies and welcome to an inside scoop of my "new" offense.​
    SPECULATIONS SQUASHED
    There was a lot of speculation I was going to the I-Form Triple Option offense inspired by two things, my old high schools offense and the personnel I have. I have a RB with size, agile, and quick enough to be moved to the FB position. The other two RBs I recruited fit well in this system BUT I found out something through labbing online. The Game AI is not made for this type of offense. I was pretty much only going to my FB. If I tried to go with the other portion of the offense I got popped and in that one or two times I was able to get out in space I went nowhere. Anyways I went back to the drawing boards, searched, and created a balanced attack. Of course you all know me so it will be a run first type of offense.
    PURPOSE
    I came up with a PB that draws the same purpose as the I-Form Option offense, pure nastiness. And I do not mean nastiness in a good connotation either. The offense is a grind it out, nasty, dig down deep in the trenches offense. I want to make defenses have to scrap and claw their way to my RBs, FBs, QBs and WRs (sometimes). This goes both ways since I want my offense to do the same thing and accomplish one thing, waste the clock and give offense's like Baron 's no chance to step on the field. :p I also just want to fuck your world up with my running game, sorry JFace907. :(

PLAYBOOK BREAKDOWN
    Auburn based:
    19 Total Formations- 13 formations taken out; 8 similar formations put in​
    297 Plays​
    5 Ace Formations​
    3 I-Formations​
    1 Pistol​
    8 Shotgun Formations​
    2 Strong-I Formations​
    Ace:
    Big Flip (added), Big Wing, F Pair Twins, Twin TE, Wing Trio (added), Wing Trio TE (subtracted)
    This formation is to cause choas. Simply put people will be moving around, mainly the TE/FB, to keep the defense guessing at which way the ball will be run.​
    I-Form:
    Slot (added), Tight, Twins (added), Twin TE (subtracted)
    The grinding begins here. Run heavy with a sprinkle of passes and play actions so do not get lulled to sleep!​
    Pistol:
    Wing Trio, Wing Trips TE (subtracted)
    Pretty much a "WTF" formation. I am not a big fan of the pistol but I could not pass up this unique formation.​
    Shotgun:
    4WR Trio, 5WR Flex Trey (subtracted), Ace Twins Wk, Double Flex, Empty Base (subtracted), Empty Wing Trio, Normal Wing TE (added), Normal Wing Wk (subtracted), Slot F Wing (added), Spread Flex, Trips Over (subtracted), Trips TE (subtracted), Wing Offset Wk (subtracted), Y-Trips HB Wk​
    Not much to say here except this where a lot of my balance will come from. I can give you a hint and it is "Little Tebow Time."​
    Strong-I:
    H-Pro (subtracted), Normal (added), Tight (added), Twin TE (subtracted)
    Here again run heavy and these formations are pretty much my goaline formations.​
    Hail Mary: Subtracted
    :doodie:
    Goaline: Subtracted
    :doodie:
    Hopefully this will hold you over until our offseason begins tonight. Get excited about the upcoming season! I know NCAA is taking a back seat from Madden BUT with the guys we have and the guys that will fill the empty spots we should have a grand time!​

• Like Like x 4
  2. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Good stuff Saw

3. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Great stuff sawemoff

Hopefully we can freaking play one another, so I can show you how to stop such an offense. ;)

4. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I hate you

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Haha what did I do.. other than take your Freshman WR from you :p

6. Bulldog

Your gonna destroy me when we play

7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Haha lets schedule an OOC game!

Remember one thing, you are USC still. I haven't come close to you in recruiting so you still have a few more years before you need to start worrying!

8. Bulldog

I couldn't win without a good team. ;)