Organizational Tree

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Guys,

There seems to be a bit of confusion about the nature of our leadership here, so I thought I'd clear it up. There's been more sniping here in the past couple of days than there was all of last year, and it needs to stop. One way or another, it will stop.

To be completely clear - Easy and Ego have been around for a long time, and have taken leadership roles here. They may speak for me whenever they wish, and I consult them often. They are moderators on these forums, and can probably be considered the leaders of their respective conferences, at least when it comes to gameplay concerns and issues. Basically, if they ask for clarification on something (like there being more restarts in the first two weeks than I have had myself since the 2009 game), it's because we have always asked for clarification of that thing. Restarts were always handled in a "get it on the forums before anyone asks, or else guys will think the worst" kind of manner. It is best to post, and post immediately, when you restart a game, or else everyone will think you were either losing, or you lost your best player for the season, and shut your system off.

Now, over time, we develop (or diminish) our own credibility, so if Goose and/or bdub restart a game, for example, I'm not likely to say anything, since I've been playing with these guys forever, and no one ever complains about them. Besides, their posts will go up before I get the question out. The rest of us need to develop that credibility with the group, and then the questions probably won't come up.

Long story short - after a few bumps, last year was a breeze. The guys got along great, and the seasons passed with lots of fun and some really great football. This year, it seems like we have some personality issues to work out. Let's get our bumps out of the way, because if they continue, I'll handle members the same way I handle sliders.

We all on the same page here?

• Like Like x 2
  2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I'm going to sleep on this. But idk if am a good fit with the governmental setup you have set up.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It's not a governmental setup. It is simply the way things developed over time. There's a core group here that is familiar with many of the issues we're now having, and how we dealt with them successfully in the past. As a result, questions about "how we do things" can be answered by a number of different people. That's a good thing. If everyone who tries to help, or who asks a reasonable question is going to be labelled "the man" trying to lay down "the law" then we're going to have issues over and over again, because I expect everyone to be able and willing to ask questions publicly, and I expect us to be able to handle those public questions gracefully. We're having at each other all over the place, and we haven't even had a user game yet - so it's going to get much worse. I'd rather act befoere that happens than after.

5. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

Im 31 year old man and yes Im new to this league but from what I can see we seem to have a good group of guys. With all the bugs/freezing issues going on if I see a restart I assume it was something like that. I guess I just have faith that all of you guys can take a loss and are adults. If it becomes a repeating issue with the same people then I might get a little suspicious but for now I just chalk it up to "Shit Happens" and move on.

• Like Like x 1