Orlando Magic Association| 2k11

Discussion in 'NBA 2K' started by Bucs, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Ok this is my last shot at these, i feel like im flooding you guys, so lets begin lol.

[​IMG]

Coach Ingram awaits in the hallway outside the press room in Amway Arena, he is more nervous than he has been in his entire life, just last week he was an assistant coach at the small Broward Community College and somehow here he was about to be introduced as Head Coach of an NBA Franchise. He was determined not to show any fear and he wanted to make a good impression.

The Door to the press room opened and GM Otis Smith invites him in, Ingram checks his black suit with blue tie one last time to make sure it looks OK and walks in, immediately there are flashes and clicks of media cameras all trying to get a glimpse of the man who is to replace Stan Van Gundy
    after he suddenly retired. Ingram feels like his heart is beating across the room but he quickly gathers himself and walks towards the podium.

"Hello Ladies and Gentleman, first of all I'd like to thank Mr.Smith for putting his faith in me, after talking with him we both know we are on the same page and aim to get the Magic over the hump and back into the finals. We have a great team here and I will soon be speaking with all of them individually to get a feel for them and to let them know what our goals will be. We will bring a title to Orlando. Any Questions?"

A man in the front row stands, Skip Marshall, Orlando Sentinel Here, What makes you think that you are qualified to coach at the NBA level, you havens even coached D-1 before.

Well Ive been a student of the game since as long as I can remember and I have been successful wherever I have coached, I don't claim to be the best coach, but I will work the hardest and i am going to surround myself with people who feel the same way."

How do you plan to deal with Miami and Boston?

Those are great great teams, but all I can worry about is what Orlando does. Were going to take it one game at a time and play solid basketball and let things fall as they will. There are 14 other teams in the East and 29 teams in the NBA and we are not going to over look a single one of them."

Ingram continues awnsering question for another 15 minutes before GM Otis Smith steps in and ends the press conference.

The hard part is over Ingram thinks to himself, now he can get to doing what he does best. Coaching.

2. Bucs

Team History Under Coach Ingram

• Record 12-9​

• Last 10 6-4​

• Division Rank 3​

• Conference Rank 4​

• Division Titles​

• Conference Titles​

• Playoff Appearances​

• Finals Appearances​

• Championships​
    Depth Chart

TSO Depth Chart.JPG

Injuries:

Playbook

Magic Playbook​
    Offensive Tempo 60​
    Defensive Pressure 90​
    Help Defense 20​
    Fast Break 50​
    Crash Boards 80​
    Run Plays 20​
    Double Teams 0​
    Zone Usage 0​
    Bench Depth 65​
    Inside Shots 36​
    Close shots 36​
    Mid Range 30​
    3 point Shots 60​
    Attack the Basket 45​
    Look for Post Players 65​
    Throw Alley Oops 50​
    Size-Speed 50​
    Athleticism-Skill 50​
    Offense-Defense 40​
    Guards-Forwards 40​
    Inside-Outside 65​

3. Bucs

As always if you guys have any questions or comments feel free to express them, even if you
    want to play the role of reporter thats cool.Also Ill be playing one game per week, except for the first week when ill play two games, the opener and then the game vs the heat.

4. Bucs

Orlando shocked by young Wizard team 76-66
    [​IMG]
    Jason Richardson 24 Minutes, 20 Points, 2 Reb, 2 Ast, 2 Stl, 1 Blk
    Gilbert Arenas 19 Minutes 15 Points, 2 Reb, 7 Ast
    Dwight Howard 24 Minutes 12 Points 7 Reb 1 Blk
    Hedo Turkoglu 20 Minutes 6 Points 5 Reb, 1 Ast 2 Blk
    Quentin Richardson 7 Minutes 5 Points 1 Reb 1 Ast
    Brandon Bass 20 Minutes 4 points 7 reb 1 stl 1 blk
    JJ Redick 5 Minutes 2 points 1 ast 1 block
    Jameer Nelson 10 Minutes 2 points 4 Ast 1 Stl
    Good: Out rebounded them, 6 blocks and 4 steals
    Bad: 9 turnovers, 8/13 from free throw and 4/11 from 3 point range, only 9 bench points.
    Other: Thinking about trading turkoglu and/or quentin richardson. Turkoglu Injured for 4-6 week unable to play.

5. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Did you start a new one?

6. Bucs

This is the new one.

7. Bulldog

ah i see i just now saw your old one

8. Bucs

Orlando gets 74-73 Win on Last Second Shot
    [​IMG]
    Orlando came into Miami looking to do better than in their last game when they got beat by a scrappy Wizards team. This game was a battle as expected but the Magic were able to come away with their first win of the season against a team many predict they will meet again in the playoffs.
    After battling back and forth all game with no team having larger than a 6 point lead it came down to the final 30 seconds. With the game tied LeBron James drove in the paint but was blocked by Dwight Howard, unfortunately there was a foul called.
    James hit both his free throws giving the Heat a two point lead with 2.0 seconds left on the clock. J.Richardson took the ball from half court and inbounded it to Arenas at the corner behind the 3 point line. Arenas calmly knocked down the shot with Eddie House right in his face to give the Magic the Win and to shut the Miami Crowd up.
    After the game Arenas said " I dont know, I was clearly the best shooter on the floor, but they didnt guard me close enough and I got just enough space to get up a shot and break their hearts."
    This is Coach Ingram's first win as an NBA Coach and it was a good one.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bucs

Week 1 Recap
    • 1-1 This week (L to Wizards and W to Heat)
    • Coach Ingram thinking about benching turkoglu once he returns from injury.
    • Team is looking for more scorers to bring in off the bench.
    Around The League
    • Kobe Bryant and Antwan Jamison win Player of the week honors, 1st time this year for both guys.
    • Jazz Sign SG Larry Hughes to 1 Year Deal
    • New Orleans Loses Chris Paul for 6-8 Weeks due to a broken Jaw
    • The Thunder are without superstar Kevin Durant for 2-4 Weeks as he has surgery on a Broken Toe
    • Baron Davis is out 6-8 Weeks with a Broken Arm
    • Lakers take over the #1 Spot in the power rankings
    • Shannon Brown announces he will test free agency in the coming offseason

10. Bulldog

nice win man [​IMG]

11. Bucs

Thx, I jumped to to All-star difficulty and it giving me tons of problems, surprised I was able to pull thsi one out.

12. Bucs

Knicks Topple Magic at MSG 102-89
    [​IMG]
    The Magic fell to 1-2 on the year with this loss to the Knicks. The Magic had 5 players in double figures but couldnt quite overcome the team
    effort of the Knicks who shot amazingly well. Howard Turned in 23 and 11 with 3 Blocks.

13. Bucs

Magic front court dominate in 78-64 win over T-Wolves
    [​IMG]
    The Magic Front court put in an impressive performance with Howard, Bass and Anderson all in double digits in this win against The T Wolves. They improve to 2-2 and go on to host the Knicks on Friday.
    [​IMG]

14. Bucs

Magic lose close one to Nets 85-83
    [​IMG]
    Magic cant overcome a lackadasical effort and fall to the Nets to go to 2-3. Coach Ingram was disturbed after the game at his teams effort and
    is wondering why they arent playing up to their potential. Suggests that more practices to keep his team focused may help. The Bench help just
    is not there and its hurting the Magic Right now
    [​IMG]

15. Bucs

Orlando Blows Out Charlotte 77-55
    [​IMG]
    The Magic Improved to 3-3 with this blow out win over the Bobcats. Gilbert Arenas was the high man with 21 points on the day.
    "Everyone got involved today and we played good basketball, its still early, but this was an undefeated team and we knocked them on their
    behinds. If we can keep this up we will be right back near the top of the East instead of hovering around .500 like we are now. We had a tough week with 4 games in 5 nights both being back-backs but we finished it out with a strong win."
    Next up The Magic Host the 5-2 Hawks and Joe Johnson.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bucs

Orlando Sneaks by Atlanta 85-83
    [​IMG]
    Dwight had his best game of the year as The Magic battled back after being outscored 33-18 in the first quarter. The Magic outscored the Magic the rest of the quarters and Dwight finished the day with 18 points and 18 rebounds.
    "We started slow but a solid win against a quality opponent. When we can get Howard involved offensively we are a much better team." Said Coach Ingram
    Next game: Vs. Utah

17. Bucs

Magic are too much for Jazz in 84-69 Victory
    [​IMG]
    The Magic backcourt took over this game with 22 from Arenas and 18 from Richardson. A strong run in the 3rd put the game away and it was never really a contest after that.
    After the gaem Coach Ingram spoke to Suzy Kolber: "The Jazz are always tough and we are happy with the win. We got good play out of our back court, including Jason Willams, we might give him some more minutes."

18. Bucs

TRADE ALERT!!!
    Magic Send:
    C Daniel Orton
    SG Jason Richardson
    Warriors Send:
    SG Monta Ellis
    PF Louis Amundson
    Coach Ingram Commenting on the Deal:
    J-Rich was a great player for us but Monta is a premier player in this league and gives us a great young scorer and potential superstar to play along Dwight and Gilbert. Daniel Orton is also a great kid and worked hard for us, we wish both of them the best in Golden State. Louis Also will give us a solid body to put in our front court to help take the load of Brandon and Dwight.

19. Bucs

Monta and The Magic run wild on Raptors in 94-75 Win
    [​IMG]
    The new look Magic took the Raptors to the woodshed in this one. Monta Ellis debuted with 25 points and 5 assists along with 4 rebounds. The Magic scored 35 in the first quarter and showed that with this new line up they can be one of the most potent offenses in the league.
    Next up for the Magic are the Nets who they fell to in a close game last week.

20. Bucs

Turnovers doom Magic at Nets 85-73
    [​IMG]
    The Nets got the Magic again in this one as they played excellent defense and Orlando just couldnt get things together, at times seeming like they were in another building.
    We gave up entirely too many points in the 2nd half, we have got to play better defense in the future. We just have to put this behind us and
    move on to the next one.
    Next up 4-6 Memphis

21. Bucs

• WEEK 3 Recap
    • 3 Wins vs Hawks, Jazz, Raptors
    • 1 Loss vs Nets
    • Jason Williams may see more playing time
    • Acquistion of Monta Ellis adds another weapon for Magic
    • Around the League
    • Tyreke Evans and Dwayne Wade are players of the week for Nov 7-13th, both are first time winners this year
    • Knicks and Raptors have eyes on Celtic PG Nate Robinson
    • Kevin Durant still 1-2 Weeks away from returning
    • Al Horford is day to day with a twisted Ankle
    • Celtics have won 10 Straight and are undefeated. New number 1 in power rankings as well.

22. Bucs

SF Earl Clark Sent Down to D - League​

23. Bucs

Orlando loses close to Memphis 82-81
    [​IMG]
    Another hard fought game for the Magic that they just came up short in. This is becoming a growing trend, losing close games and a habit they will have to break if they hope to be serious
    contenders in the east. Gilbert Arenas was the magic POG with 15 points, 3 REb, 5 Ast, and 2 Stl.
    [​IMG]
    Up Next: vs Suns

24. Bucs

Orlando loses by 2 points to Steve Nash and Suns 80-78
    [​IMG]
    The Magic lose another close one as Steve Nash goes off for 35 Points and 5 Assists.
    Horrible Horrible Defense this game, We couldn't stop Steve and he hurt us. We are gonna get back in the
    gym and refocus on some things on that side of the ball and make some adjustments. Thats all we can do.
    [​IMG]
    Next Up: @ Pacers

25. Bucs

Magic come out on top vs Pacers 76-69
    [​IMG]
    The Magic played a tough game against a pesky Pacers team, at one time they were up by 15 but the Pacers battled back and made a push in the fourth to tie it up. Monta Ellis and Gilbert showed toughness though and wouldn't be denied as Gilbert hit two late 3 pointers and Monta Ellis slashed to the basket repeatedly all game and came up with a game sealing dunk with 13.0 seconds left in the game.
    "We showed resilience out there today and we showed what we can do when our heads are on straight, we still have some consitency problems I would like to see straightened out but a win is a win" said coach Ingram afterwards.
    [​IMG]
    Next up: @ Spurs 8-4