OSU - Miami

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

OSU - Miami

This is what my offense is going to do to Basis's D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0yPI9ePCE0[/ame]

Poor kid. He didn't have a chance.

2. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

If that kid can't take a hit, he should be playing CB, not roaming safety.

... what?

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:

You gotta love the heart. It takes a serious pair to get in Beanie Wells way when you are smaller than Spud Webb.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Basis -

I can play tonight if you want, or tomorrow pretty much anytime.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hey AG I just finally migrated over here. I am watching my little sisters down at my Dad's until I am not sure when. I will log on when I get home, hopefully around 9-10pm EST. If that works for you, and the uncertainty that comes with it, I would much rather get it in tonight than wait until Tuesday.

I love the writeup that you did for the game, too. Nice! Looking forward to our matchup, win or lose -- but hopefully a win for the 'Canes.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

sounds good. I'll be on at 9 to help the league 2 and 3 guys get up to speed on how to post. Once they get going, I can probably drop off and we can do our thing. See you then.

AG

7. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

This game is gonna be closer than you guys think.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Maybe ... if I can keep up, that is.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

AG, my 3:30 class was CANCELLED (WOO!), so I can play this afternoon anytime before 4. You said you should be rolling in around 2, so hopefully you can play then. I would prefer that to later tonight.

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Great game AG. It was a true battle. You did a great job taking away my running game, which really made it even tougher to pass. You did a very nice job of taking away the flats, which prevented me from running some routes that I like to run. I am glad that we finally got the connection to work too, that was a real nuisance. I am not going to do a write-up, but hopefully you will because the game deserves it. I just don't have time.

Good luck the rest of the season!

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'll punch something up when I get a chance. I have a small mountain of papers to grade at the moment. You're right, though, that was one heck of a game.

Word to the wise, fellas - don't skimp on the kicker.

I thought those two late picks were going to be the end of me for sure. That 4th down stop saved the game for me.

Oh, and that Young guy, the WR ... is completely un-guardable 99 speed and 99 acc is almost impossible to stop. And he's only a 75 OVR, and a true FR! He broke the Miami rec yardage record against a 96 defense playing deep cover 3 almost all game. Crazy.

Good game Basis. Good luck with the rest of your season.

AG

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

He is just THAT fast, its kind of absurd. I kept him within reason regarding throwing bombs, and I am glad that in the heat of the moment I was able to keep my ethical standards and not cheese. It was truly a game decided by mistakes, though. My management of the end of the first half was PITIFUL. I don't think I have ever yelled as much at a game. Then, you threw two picks to keep me in the game.

Nice kick, man -- there had to be at least a little amount of nerves with that one! ;)

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I gotta admit, I think I peed a little.

14. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Is that the receiver that's 6'7" also? I think I might want to write an article about young guys (1st/2nd year) making big impacts. He would obviously qualify. So would T Mack. My CB Pollard has been an absoulte stud. Maybe I'll start a separate thread for nominations.

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yeah, 6'7 190.

4.16 40-yd dash.

Beast.