OSU v. UCLA, Let the trash talking begin

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Feb 3, 2011.

?

Who will win

1. Oregon State

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. UCLA

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Folks, we are finally here, Week 9, Oregon State v. UCLA. The upstart, trash talking kids from Corvallis travel to Pasadena to take on the defending PAC-10 Champions. Oregon State a traditional “have not” of the Conference has come on strong since the firing of Mike Reilly, a season and a half ago. The new coach brings attitude and confidence that the Beavers lacked. They are now undefeated and are ranked #5 in the country. UCLA is currently undefeated in conference play, but has two nonconference losses. The most recent lost came against West Virginia, the loss was disappointing to the Bruins and their faithful. UCLA has a young team, but the excuse of inexperience only gets you so far.

Starting QB Sean Mannion had this to say about the game, “Last year we were inexperience, I made some throws I shouldn’t have. In watching the tape from last year’s game I know what I did wrong.”

Oregon State HB Macolm Marable had this to say about this game “We are going to dominate; we are going to show UCLA who is the best team in the Conference.”

Oregon State’s coach on the game “We are going to Pasadena with a message, and that message is when we play here on January 1, I want to see orange carpets and the walls painted black in our locker room.”

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You just let me know when you want your beavers pounded and I'll be there :eek:

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

The Bruins will start Senior Ted Landers at QB in this one. The Freshman made just way too many mistakes last week on the road at WVU. Landers also gives the Bruins a more mobile guy behind the center. HB Malcolm Jones should make his return to the starting lineup in this one as well, missing the last 4 weeks. The loss of Trembley at OLB is still looming large, but hopefully one of the Freshman can come in a get the job done on defense.

Look for this one to be a low scoring affair (wazzu and I have played several times and I think we have broken 20 points once? in the LoC I think) Bruins 17, OSU 13. Bye Bye Rose Bowl hopes for Beaver Nation!

4. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Gonna go with rec on this one. WVU was a tough sob against my team also. And the Bruins are home, so that should help their inexperience some.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Oregon State jumps out a big lead

UCLA makes the comeback, wins on a last second fg

However, I highly expect Wazzu to use this poll as bulletin board material to inspire his players to pull the upset.

6. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Home cookin' and overconfidence will do in the Beavers in this one, but maybe not the Pac 10 hopes.

7. gowazzucougs

I cannot believe you guys. Not one of you believes in Oregon State. Look at my team, then look at his. Write it down the Beavers win this game. Recchem when do you want to go, I have a user game tonight in The Rise at 7, we can probably go later tonight or tomorrow night if you want. Additionally, I don't think recchem can cite the Virginia v. GT game from "The E" as proof of good defensive play, that was just bad offense.

8. Jayrah

I contend, overconfidence. And a slight brew of home cookin'....

9. Cheez

I contend that I have yet to see you hold on to a big lead

10. Jayrah

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

We can go tonight if you want. My wife has school and i have the kids but they should be down by 8pm, so anytime after that is fine.

But you are right, my team is still a B- and yes the game in "The E" was just bad! But last season, I won 17-3...good defense. In the LoC I won 21-7 i think, good defense. I remember lots of pick 6 for both of us in that one. I like your confidence but my offense is ready to go with Malcolm Jones back!

12. Cheez

@Jayrah

Oregon State.

Im not bringing the trash talking with you here....yet haha.

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Oh yeah, everyone also know's who makes the schedules around here so that might help me get a few more votes than you [​IMG]

14. Cheez

actually, recchem... at this moment I make the schedule :p

15. Jayrah

Rec I would not let that sway my vote sir!

16. gowazzucougs

We can probably go some time after 8, if we need to do it tomorrow that is fine as well. I believe once the week is advance I am going to have Michael Houston ready to go as well.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

touche

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

i'll be online after 8pm...just hit me up with a time if you want to go tonight. if not tomorrow night is fine too. i have kids, i never go out anymore so im home friday nights!

19. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I just want to see beavers get pounded, I don't really care who wins. The Ducks are gonna beat both of them anyway, they're playing for second.

20. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You'll get whats coming to you in due time dakota. Have patience...the zoo is ours this year!

21. Jayrah

Um, actually I think some home brew is simmering for you up there Rec.... but this is another week....[​IMG]

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yeah I know...im bringing a strong contingent with me this time after losing 2 straight up there!

23. gowazzucougs

Just FYI, I am breaking out the dazzle and will be broadcasting this game. I will have more information later on this evening. I am sure if you miss it you can watch the replay of Oregon State beating down the Bruins.

24. Cheez

how do you broadcast?

and i may be intrigued to watch this before I go to sleep

25. gowazzucougs

If you are online tonight I will explain it to you