OSU vs. Michigan

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Juggernautblitz, May 8, 2009.

1. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

OSU vs. Michigan

What times this weekend work for you AG?

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm kind of a evening guy. Anything after we put the kid to bed works for me. 8:30-9pm and later works best. Any night would be OK, I thnk.

3. Juggernautblitz

That sounds about right for me too. Tentatively go with Saturday evening? I will post on here tomorrow late morning or afternoon to pin down an exact time.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

As far as tonight goes, I should be able to play. The only thin that could possibly get in the way is the fact I'm flying solo with the baby. She usually sleeps like a rockm but there's always that chance she'll wake up for some reason.

Shouldn't be a problem, though, Just thought I'd mention it just in case.

The later the better for me, but I think I'll be ready anytime after 9.

Good Luck,

AG

5. Juggernautblitz

I will probably be ready to go around 10.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

10 works.

7. Juggernautblitz

I'll be on in 15. Good luck, you shouldn't be needing it.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Well, that sure was a slugfest.

I have to say ... I haven't been handled like that on defense ... well, ever. After the last time we played, I thought I'd try to spread things out a bit. I remember a lot of pinched lines and linebackers on top of the LOS. Boy did I make a mistake.

I don't know how you guys do it, but every time I see a user online, they are running some kind of hybrid defense I've never seen before. It's not like anyone's pulling a fast one or anything, but every time I get a read that's solid against the CPU, it's something else against a user. I threw 2 picks I had no business throwing, and if it weren't for my D, I would have lost this one.

Only after abandoning the Terrelle Pryor show and going with Todd Boeckman and a whole bunch of Beanie was I able to move the ball. Sure, my new fancy-pants offense made a couple of big gainers, but it hurt me more than it helped.

By the way, who gets called for holding on a %^$#@! field goal? I had to punt, and if the game were on justin.tv, you guys would have had a great time laughing at me. Let's just say my behavior was less than sportsmanlike.

Hopefully, 2010 will provide a smoother online game. This one was a bit like watching a strobe light. Oh well, now I have one more reason to want July to come faster.

My parting words: Blitz played a tough game, and he's going to be serious trouble next year, when his team gets better, and mine might just get worse. Back to the chalkboard ... it's only 364 days until the OSU-Michigan game! Good game Blitz.

AG

9. Juggernautblitz

Good game back. I was happy to at least stay in the game most of the way. 6 - 6 at the half and I think 13 - 6 with about 4 to go in the 4th before you put it away with the field goal to go up 10. With QB Feagin, RB McGuffie and my speedy receiver on the shelf I just did not have any explosiveness on the offensive side of the ball to challenge your D.
    I had several chances to take some sort of lead in the game with those 2 INT's but I barely advanced the ball, and especially that very frustrating long TD pass that my WR caught and then had knocked out of his hands by your DB. To my recollection that is the first time I have seen that animation where a guy catches it then has it knocked from his hands by the DB's hands. Weird but a good play on your part.
    Once Beanie got going in the 2nd half it was downhill from there. He and even Herron were hard to stop and even when I laid a good hit it seemed they fell forward for 2 - 3 more. Without DT Taylor in the middle I just couldn't get off the field.
    I look forward very much to OSU coming in to the Big House next year when I should have a much better offense and a senior led D. Good game again, that was fun.