OT - Most expensive game ever

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by HoosierHoo, Mar 2, 2009.

1. HoosierHoo

HoosierHoo Walk On

OT - Most expensive game ever

Well, I finally broke down and did it. I just ordered a PS3 pretty much solely for the purpose of playing The Show. So that's basically $380 for one game. Not to mention that I will now move our BluRay player upstairs, and I'll probably buy a new 32 inch 720p LCD to hook it up to. So by the time it's all said and done, The Show is gonna cost me close to a grand. :(

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    ha, let me know if it is worth it.

I'm a baseball fan, but I can hardly spend the money for the games they are putting out now-a-days.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I like baseball but always got bored with the games quickly. I'm sure if there was a Tradition baseball league I'd probably be sucked in though. :)

4. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I brought a PS3 last year solely for Socom 4(or 5 can't remember which number it is)& months later, Socom sucks & PS3 has no games that I want. They do have God of War 3 coming out next year so I'll have to wait to get a quailty game.

5. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

i'm a HUGE baseball fan, but the games, I don't know, have always been way too easy for me and get boring after a while.

6. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Going to get MLB2k9 tonight, if they screw this one like they did last year I may consider getting a PS3 just for that game, The Show, alone.

7. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    let me know what you think, Mutt. I haven't decided if I want to spend the money on it...

8. Muttcope

I am just thankful that Joe Morgan is out of the game. I can not stand listening to him announce a baseball game. Telling stories about the Big Red Machine that dont even fit into what is going on the game. But, there is one guy who i hate even more when he is announcing and that is Tim McCarver. Please Fox remove him form all games pronto.

9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The Show is a fantastic game and has been better then 2k for at least a couple years.

I am going to pick it up tonight also.

10. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

yeah if your into baseball.... the show is awesome.... too bad its not for the 360... highly addictive...

11. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

Yeah Ogode and I were just talking about the baseball games, isn't that funny. I wish EA never stopped making he College baseball game, I loved it.
    The only thing that bothers me is the online gameplay because there is so much lag, but then again I have not played a baseball game in 2 years. But please post about both.

12. Muttcope

Here's a quick review from just a couple of hours last night. First the gameplay is much better this year than last. You will have to adjust sliders to get the CPU to throw balls. I played right out of the box last night, and C. Lee threw 50 pitches thru 7 innings and had 1 ball thrown. I adjusted some of the CPU sliders for the next game, and it was better so at least it can be tweaked. At least the overall feel of the game is better, this just after two games

The CPU is very aggressive when at bat, as the reviews have said. You dont see many swings and misses, but if you nibble they will let the balls go by.

I simmed a Franchise just to see how it went and the trade logic of the CPU was horrible, but at least the number of trades was small. Three trades that happened that i just laughed at.

Twins--Scott Baker, Kevin Slowey
    White Sox --- Bobby Jenks, Mark Buehrle

Padres---Jake Peavy and Chris Young
    DBacks---Brandon Webb and Doug Davis

Cards---Pujols, Carpenter, and Duncan
    DRays---Kazmir, Shields, and Sonnanstine.

The last one is just laughable.

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    The trade logic is always laughable. Last game, I got a trade offer in the middle of the season to send Chone Figgins to my team in exchange for Hank Blaylock. I couldn't hit the 'accept' button fast enough.

14. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Jesus, the Rays traded 3 of their starters.

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Are you having any framerate issues?

16. Muttcope

No, i didn't see any last night. I hope that will not be an issue like it was in the past versions.