Other Business

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by SodaAddict, Oct 15, 2010.

1. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Other Business

As we get closer to our season 3 revamping, there are a couple other things I wanted us to get settled.

First, would it be ok with everyone to move to a 2-day advance schedule from here out or is that going to be too demanding? The reason I ask is that we have not been able to advance sooner than 3 days all season and it has really made the season drag on longer than any of us would probably like.

What are your opinions on that?

Next, regarding posting requirements: I realize game summaries suck to post sometimes, but we have to have that kind of thing around to keep interest going. That being said, I know I have had a rough time trying to keep up with those and I know I'm not the only one. In addition, I know some people only really have time to post during the day when they are at work. So, I want to propose a deal: Either post a game summary for your games and that counts for your minimum contribution to the league... or something else.

What other things could we do to substitute in the place of being anal about game summaries every week? That way people have an option about how they would prefer to participate in the league.

Let me hear some good ideas.

2. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

blogger.com Thats how I'm writing up my game summaries as well as my recruits, when I was in another league, thats how we did everything. It was actually kinda cool.

3. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

How about some sort of team notes thread that can be updated every week. It can have stuff from the game or stuff about recruiting or anything about the football team in general. Maybe hit like 8-10 different topics. If they are just tidbits then I don't think that is as tough as making a game summary.

4. SodaAddict

I'd like to see some more discussion here. Thanks Joe and BoSox for chiming in already.

What do you guys think of their ideas?

Also, what if I put someone (or me) in charge of compiling scouting reports on individual users? Like, following user vs user games, have people send that person a scouting report on the other player, and the person could put those scouting reports together and keep them updated on a user scouting report thread?

Also, how about someone doing a rumors thread or being a "beat" reporter assigned to cover teams in a particular conference or something?

What would you guys think about that?

5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I have no problem with changing advance time to 48 hours. Im sure that will keep us more active. And right now, Ive got GT set to autopilot. I dont want to mess with them (good or bad) since I will be changing teams next year and they are in my division.

I love all these ideas, and I would be happy to help out with anything I can.

6. SodaAddict

Bump. Lets keep the thoughts coming, I know there are ideas here... remember I am trying to give people a good opportunity to not feel obligated to post traditional game summaries here. Those of you that aren't posting, let's hear what you think too.