Other games

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by Full Moon Fever, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Obviously MW3 is the big one just out, but I just get really bored with those. Only have a few hours logged in Black Ops, and won't be getting MW3 any time soon. I'm excited for the new Saints Row game coming out next Tuesday. GTA V trailer just came out too.

2. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

To not be big into soccer Fifa is awesome.

3. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I always get caught up in the hype and buy the newest COD only to go back to NCAA. I might skip this one, or I might buy it when I'm picking up Skyrim on Friday.

4. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Shooters ruin my life. I got too hooked on COD MWF2. I havent bought one since. Battlefield looks sick tho

5. Full Moon Fever

I always get bored and pissed off with the shooters. It just makes my blood boil when I see somebody and shoot first but they kill me. The only mode I really enjoy playing is whichever cod mode had the no radar/no killcam/no perks/get shot and you're dead mode.

6. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I'm addicted to Fifa at this point so I'll probably wait on MW3 till I can find it below $50 shipped. I really like GTA but it's such a time kill/investment that I don't see myself picking it up.

7. Full Moon Fever

I have the last two copies of FIFA still in their cellophane wrap. I get them every year for Christmas and always mean to get around to playing them but between NCAA and usually one of either COD or GTA/Saints Row (and last year Red Dead Redemption) I just never play them. Plus I suck at FIFA.

8. DirtycashDylan

I guess I'll skip COD and pick up Fifa with Skyrim Friday.

Ya GOTTA play the GTAs though. They're long, but they're an EXPERIENCE. Games like Saints Row can't touch the quality. There's a reason why Rockstar is the #1 studio (Bethesda being #2 imo(Skyrim/Fallout))

9. Full Moon Fever

Saints Row is more fun imo. I know it's not the same quality, but I like channeling my inner Steamer43 and taking over the city.

10. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I downloaded the Saints Row demo but I've never played one before. My roomates were raving about how fun the seocnd one was tho.

I honestly don't have enough time to justify several games anymore though. NCAA and Fifa have really been all I've played this year. I've dabbled with Red Dead throughout the summer but never had the time to finish it up.

11. DirtycashDylan

I ran through SR1 when I was young and had moderate amounts of fun and enjoyed customizing cars. I tried SR2 and was just annoyed that I wasn't playing as polished a game as GTA. Rockstar, and to a lesser extent Bethesda, dumps so much cash into their games that they're hard to top, especially for sandbox games.

I'm ready for a true sandbox zombie game. I hear Dead Island is pretty good but don't know how open world it really is.

12. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

You said you were getting skyrim DCD. Did you play the other ones? I love the games, just like I said don't have enough time anymore to get through one. They take FOREVER!

13. DirtycashDylan

I didn't play Morrowind. I was looking for a new game to play one day in Gamestop and saw the GOTY edition of Oblivion. I figured Elves and Wizards be damned, a GOTY is worth a shot.

I didn't beat Oblivion in one sitting. I played for a good while doing side quests and dicking around and eventually lost interest and had to come back 9 months later and buckle down and get it done.

Same thing with Fallout 3. You don't have to beat them at once. Just turn the game on and explore and get into some shit.

14. Full Moon Fever

Yeah I had a blast playing GTA IV and never finished it.

15. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

SAINTS ROW! Saints has always been a fun game to me. I played the 1st and 2nd ones a lot after release. I recently went back and replayed through the first one and am almost finished with the 2nd one. It felt like the first one was to compete with GTA, the 2nd one was to add more 'do whatever you want' feel. Now the 3rd one has some stuff that is really out there, probably more than I would like. But I still look forward to getting the game and playing a lot.

I was going to hold off on MW3, but all my local friends I play xbox with got it and I felt left out lol, caved and bought it last night. It's not much different. The way I look at it is that is just 16 new maps, which I figure is worth it.

Not sure if I'll be getting anything else. The new MMA game looks WAY improved but I'll probably only get it if there's a simplified mode. Just too many moves for me to dedicate my time to learning.

16. Full Moon Fever

Yeah I had just heard that there was a new installment of Saints Row coming out. I loved 1 and 2. I just downloaded the demo and started seeing commercials for it today. It looks stupid. I might dig through and find my copy of 2. That one was really fun. All the new stuff is too cartoony and over the top with the costumes and whatnot. Disappointing.

17. Steamer43

Ya I think some of the new stuff is just too unrealistic, but there is A LOT of stuff they've included that will make this game fun and have a long shelf life. I think the fact that one weapon is a purple dil-doe just explains the direction of SR3 lol

18. Steamer43

DirtycashDylan what exactly is Skyrim. Just got COD and getting SR3 Tuesday so probably wouldn't buy it. Not usually into other kinda games but the fact that so many TSO guys on here play skyrim has me intrigued.

19. DirtycashDylan

It's an RPG/sandbox game with a ridiculous amount of content.