OU @ Florida, Week #2:

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JHeb, Sep 30, 2009.

1. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

OU @ Florida, Week #2:

Basis,

I'm good just about any evening after 9pm central...Weekends are basically wide open...Once we advance we can get things set up here. What's normally best for you?

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Looks like we'll be advancing Thursday night at the latest, possibly tonight. I would rather shoot for Thursday, and could play Thursday night at 11pm central (midnight my time), or possibly at 9 your time. Gotta play Thursday night by ear, since I like to go out most of the time.

Friday night is no problem for me whatsoever though. Gotta work early as hell Saturday, so Friday might be our best bet.

3. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Either one works for me...If you want to go ahead and call it for Friday at 9 or 10 (central), that's fine by me.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Basis didnt you broadcast your games last year, this would be a good one to come out of retirement for.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I did, and it was an 0-fer. Didn't win a game that I broadcasted -- period. So, no thank you. I will gladly send JHeb my webcam and the curse that is upon it! :D

Here's the deal, I'll firm up my availability since my first post, after re-reading, was vague as hell and a little confusing:

These are the times I can kick off:

Wednesday: 12:15 Eastern (11:15p Central)
    Thursday: 11:45p-12:30a Eastern (10:45p-11:30p Central)
    Friday: Whenever

Your call JHeb, I can do it whenever of those times. The sooner the better for the league.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I might be able to be on earlier than 11:15 central tonight; that would be the latest. I'm good to go tonight after the advance.

7. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Looks like we may not advance tonight since Raz has his game to play still as of this writing...Let's just call it Friday evening at 10pm central. Cool? We'll likely advance late tonight or THU. You're window on THU is small. Friday we're both pretty open. Plus, I might be able to get a beer in me to help relax. Ha...

Has anyone tried the new Bud Light Wheat? Any good?

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

No, but it is guaranteed to suck. All of those mass produced beers lack a certain thing... called TASTE!

Kind of disappointed we didn't advance tonight since it was 72 hours since our last, but since it is new to us here I can't be that dismayed. We'll get it!

I could most likely do between 10:30 and 11 pm central kickoff Thursday night. If you can too, lets play it then so we can keep this thing movin!

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Forgot to say that Friday is still wide open should we need a fallback arrangement.

10. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Okay, those both work for me...THU at about 10:30pm (cen) and if not, then we'll fall back to FRI night. Cool...

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Wheat beer sucks, stick with porters and stouts.

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

More like stick with IPA's/Double IPA's/Imperial IPA's. Hoppy, and loaaaaded with alcohol.

13. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

IPA's? I've been out of the drinking game too long I guess...

14. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

As an enthusiast, I cannot agree with you more. I LOVE a good stout--easily my favorite type of beer. Milk Chocolate with a hint of nutty (no homo) goodness. Some of my Favorites include Founders Breakfast Stout, Stone Russian Imperial Stout, and Stoneyard Oatmeal Stout.

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

IPA = India Pale Ale

More bitter due to more hops. There are some interesting takes on IPA's out there; none of the "Budweiser's/Miller's/Coors'" of the country make anything like it.

16. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

JHeb, also, can you do like 11:15-30 kickoff tonight, your time?

I just am not positive what time I'll be home and don't want you waiting around from 10:30 until 11:30. That would be the latest I would be home by any means.

17. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I have FBS in my fridge right now actually. Good stuff. Three Floyd's Alpha King (Pale Ale) is probably my favorite of the "lighter-colored" stuff.

However, you guys are missing the boat on wheats. Maybe you just needed to qualify your statements a little more. AMERICAN-style wheats suck. All of them. However, it just doesn't get any better than a good German hefeweizen on a summer day. Weihenstephaner & Paulaner are my faves. Although Hacker Pschorr is much more common, and still pretty decent.

18. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Sounds like we have some Beer Snobs amongst us...I'll be going to the liquor store tomorrow to get some brew for the OU/Miami game on Saturday night.

Basis-

I'll most likely still be on at 11:15 or 11:30 central time tonight...Just look me up and send me a msg. on XBL...I check it fairly often when I've got it on and I'm sitting around doing things. Will likely play my OFFL MM game tonight as well (CPU game). Just look me up...

19. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I am a big fan of Weihenstephaner. I will say I like Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat just fine though, despite the suckage of most other American hefeweizen (looking at you Shocktop!)

20. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Good game JHeb. The Gators pull out the win at home, 38-35. I'll do an article on the main site sometime this weekend.

21. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Yeah, it was a very good game...Hate to lose one like that but I guess if I'm going to lose it might as well be on a last second FG. My two TO's didn't help, esp. when you had none. We both had some very lucky bounces, but that's football. I look forward to a rematch sometime.