Our First Db Card of the Year ...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

... goes to the commish, and here's why:

I got hella cheesed by the CPU a in week 10. I'm up 31-7 (after he throws into the teeth of cover 4 for a 60+ yard TD on their first drive) with under a minute in the first half. Of course, he goes the length of the field as if the D isn't there, and kicks a FG. Then, in the second half, his D becomes clairvoyant and unblockable, and he drops bomb after bomb right on top of my defenders' heads, makes every catch, and scores at will. That 8 points in the 3rd came on a two play. 70+ yard over-the-top-of-the-D cheesefest. Cover 3, play pass, conservative D (more knockdowns) and he still caught both, and both went right through my guys' hands.

Anyway, I was a little miffed, so a put a TD on him very late, after the game was decided. So, because I didn't kneel it, I get this:

[​IMG]

For those of you unaware of the Douchebag card and what it means - it is a way that we call out lesser offenses and semi-cheesy but somewhat understandable decisions. If it's a bit iffy, but not worthy of any real punishment, you might see one of these in the future. The commish will take the first one. Who's going to be next?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I'll take the next one. Late in the game against Iowa, the Hawkeyes fell apart. They scored to pull within 7 with just under 2 minutes to play. They kicked onside and MSU recovered. I had bruiser Le Veon Bell in and he busted loose for 41 and the score. After the kick, Iowa threw an INT. They still had all three timeouts left, so it wasn't time to kneel yet. I ran the ball to my #1 guy Baker (who busted loose for 50-some and the score) when I probably should have had my #2 or #3 in the game.

On their next drive, Iowa was sacked and fumbled. MSU returned the fumble for a score. I don't feel bad about returning the fumble, but I shouldn't have been running Baker on the previous situation.

All in all, the game was a battle for MSU. Despite the score, the Iowa defense dominated the Spartans all day, but just missed on some key plays throughout the game.

• Like Like x 1