Our Team Redraft Strategy

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay, here is our gameplan around the team redraft:

1. All owners will have a window of time after the season ends to talk about trading for their hometown team only. Give it say a week?
    2. All non-hometown team owners (based on their favorite team posts) will be put in a list of owners with open teams.
    3. All non-hometown team owners will be required to submit their secondary team they would want in a PM to a single person on the board. They must also submit their hometown team in this PM. Failure to submit their favorite team as stated in the favorite team thread will result in forfeiture of a claim of a secondary team.
    4. The guy who gets the PMs will read through them all.
    5. If any teams are duplicated in the PMs, that team will go into the redraft pool.
    6. Any team not duplicated will be awarded to the owner picking them.
    7. All contested teams are put in a list along with owners contesting them.
    8. A list of those contesting owners will be put up in order of tenure from longest to shortest.
    9. Winning percentage will be figured in as well, with owners with more losses ranking higher on the list. Ties in winning percentage will go to owners with higher tenure.
    10. Both listings will be averaged and rounded up to the nearest number where needed and assigned to the owner. Example: If I am #1 in tenure and #3 in winning percentage, I'd get assigned #2.
    11. I will, in advance, set up an excel spreadsheet with a number list from 1-32. I realize we won't have the full 32 owners in the draft, but just in case.
    12. Once we have our numbers figured on our owners, we compare them from top to bottom to the list I have already in place and assign draft spots based on that original list.
    13. Owners pick from the team list available, from #1 to the last pick.

How does that look?

2. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I vote yes to this! But what about the lottery portion?

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Funny how my post shows up as someone else's idea 12 hours after I said it.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

One other caveat to add to this requirements list, but this would be mainly for new guys who never posted their favorite team in the favorite team thread.

- If a member who did not list a favorite team in the favorite team thread puts a team at their #1 spot and no one else puts that team in the #1 position, they get that team by default if they are open as they are the only "hometown" team or favorite team of that owner.

Key example would be a guy like Luis who could get the Chargers as a fan when there are no other #1 Chargers fans.