Out of Conference Scheduling

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Aug 18, 2009.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Out of Conference Scheduling

are we allowed to request any OOC games this season?

2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I think Drifter had the schedule set, but not sure based upon the RR.

We need to look at schools that we booted out of conferences that could be dominating elsewhere, like Ole Miss, Texas Tech and so on.

Also look at schools that were in conferences we plundered like Washington, North Carolina, South Carolina.

Finally the BOise State, Rutgers, West Virginia's and the like.

3. JrRawlins

i just didnt want to play new mexico state or Marshall again... i was lookin forward to gettin oklahoma again.... maybe a Ole Miss or another Big XII school.... anyone ranked... i want to knock down some of the CPU teams that are currently ranked.....

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I already had the schedule set. I think I covered most everything.

Some decent UvU games, the majority of which the CPU generated (Texas A&M/Virginia and Nebraska/Va Tech to name a couple). It was really tough trying to fit everything in, more so than last year. UCLA doesn't play any UvU games from outside it's division, so I had to try and squeeze in two more user games into the OOC. Some of the Big XII schedules were really nice though, Oregon, Texas A&M and I think Missouri all fell into the normal mold of four OOC weeks and then conference play. The SEC is better than last year, but still has some conference games in week 2.

Pretty much every ranked team is playing at least one user.

Louisville, Rutgers, West Virginia, Fresno State, TCU etc all are taken care of. I even went through and eliminated smaller teams that were on multiple user's seasons (Troy was scheduled on three different users by default).

I also limited the week 13 and 14 games that the CPU likes to schedule.

5. JrRawlins

cool, i was just checkin man.... i knew you said you had finished it, so i was curious....

i also move to the offline dynsaty to week 1 to practice with my incoming freshman and i saw i have Texas AM week 1.... i was like damn, thats a great way to start off the season.....

6. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    with a win? I was 7-6 last year and I'm not sure my team is any better. In fact, I'm pretty sure we are going to wait until next year to take a step up.

7. JrRawlins

I lost 11 starters, so we might not be much better either.... probably worse... as i think i am gonna be starting 8 freshman......

8. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Half my scholarship players are freshmen, lol.

9. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

Yeah, same here I lost 18 total players. All my secondary and half of my D-Line. Don't even know why I'm number 1 this year.

10. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

please....... your backups at USC wouuld start for 90 percent of the teams in the NCAA.... you get ZERO sympathy.... why are you #1.. because you would the national title.....(y)

11. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Between Flo, Lawdog, and JR.....you would think that this dynasty had the worst teams around.

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

No kidding. Good thing Lawdog only went 13-1 with UCLA of all teams (what were they rated again?? :D) and Flo won the title even though he sucks at the game (according to him AND wifey).

Now, you wanna talk suck, look at Florida State. (y)

:D

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
  14. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Basis, looks like we are up first week, what is does your schedule look like?

Are we advancing tonight still?

15. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

16. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hey Lawdog, made a post in the game scheduling thread for S2 week 1. Didn't know if you might look here first, but head up there.

*EDIT* Just looked at the composite schedule. Great stuff Mutt! Thanks! All four of my user games are on the road this year. That is both good and bad, I suppose. Good because I can schedule recruits for almost sure wins, but bad because some of these away stadiums are sick. I AM, however, looking forward to playing in the Rose Bowl -- such a great stadium.

17. JrRawlins

damn, all of the Hokies user conference games are at home......

18. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

I would love to take credit for it, but thats all Drifter. He puts in a lot of time on that stuff, and definately deserves the credit for it and all of his other hard work.

19. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

i'm going to UCLA in week 3.

I'm pretty pumped about my team after playing Utah. but that UCLA game should bring me back down to earth.

the main thing that sucks for me is I'm going to have to bring recruits in on visits during user games. I do not fair to well in those!

20. JrRawlins

like i said before, at least those games are at home.... the home SEC games i have this season are Pitt, Miami, Penn State and South Carolina... ugh...