Out of office

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BigSmooth33, Dec 9, 2011.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I've got some stuff going on coming up so heads up on my availability...

I'll be away from PS3 today through Sunday night as I'll be in Munich.

Then I travel back to the states next Friday, and I'll be unavailable until Sunday night probably again... What this actually means is that from Wednesday until next Sunday I'll be unavailable also.

Regardless, looking forward to getting home.

egofailure

2. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I am going to be going through a tough time period soon too. I am going to Pennsylvania for the holidays starting on December 16th through Jan. 1. I will be taking my PS3 but I may need to ask for leniency in a few situations with regards to time.

3. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Smooth, thanks for always communicating your schedule ahead of time.

I know the holidays can be busy for everyone. Fortunately, I think our advance schedule helps with that.

With 3 days to play a game that takes about an hour, I think we can move forward as scheduled without anyone missing a game.

4. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Hey guys,

I had a bit of a family emergency. I'm home, but family is coming and going and staying over, since we're the closest to the hospital, so don't wait on me. I'm going to try to sneak the game in, but I haven't slept in a long time, and I may not for quite some time to come. The illness is on my wife's side, but it's someone I'm pretty close to, so things are a bit tense around here. I still might make it in time, but I'm not going to ask for a hold or anything.

Thanks.

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

That really sucks Arch. My prayers to you and your family.

6. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Not a problem... Over the holidays, I'll be PS3-less as I travel back to MI too BTW. Will be in MI from 12/22 - 12/29ish.

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

I will be out of town from 12/25 to 1/2.

8. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

egofailure

Maybe a good idea to take a "Christmas Vacation" in that time frame if a number of us will be out at the same time?

9. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I will be unable to play all day Friday due to travel. Saturday mid-morning through afternoon will be my first availability after my travels. I would like to have my bowl game played prior to Friday if possible. Then I won't need to spend a bunch of recruiting time in the post season since I will be basically just replacing any players who are leaving early. This will help me from holding things up while I travel, and Ego and I could get the rest of my stuff done via a phone conversation so I don't hold us up. But this is all reliant on us getting Bowls finished before Thursday.

10. Goose

Goose Walk On

My prayers go out for you and your family, Arch.

11. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Sorry to hear about your family's trying time Archie. Hope everything turns out ok. We're all here for you.

12. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Played my game in zombie mode last night. Got worked. I kept it close until the late third, when my fifth crossing route to hit a receiver's helmet bounced into a defender's hands deep in my own end. Gotta admit I simmed a chunk after that. Actually fell asleep for a bit and knew I wasn't going to make it. I never sim, but I figured that, since I was going down (both digitally and in reality) and I wasn't using the sim to get back into the game, and I did it for only about a quarter, that I'd be forgiven. I took a five yard delay penalty cuz I was asleep - so I knew I had to shut it down.

I get to sleep some today, though, so I should be OK by this evening.

13. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I had to sim out a game under similar physical conditions before after a late night with a sick kid and a deadline looming. Luckily I was up big and could put my second string in to sim it.

14. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Just see the results of my game with NW... Between me sucking and the air raid, spread, no huddle that I can't consistently stop against the CPU... It was ugly... I think I gave up nearly 500 yards in the air.

15. Goose

Goose Walk On

I really hate the spread no-huddle when the CPU does it, that and their scrambling qb. Anytime I scramble it's almost always a fumble, does the cpu ever freaking fumble. Hell no. No matter how hard my guys hit him, he never gives the ball up. My qb who is a scrambler will fumble it the 65 pound head cheerleader falls to the ground.

16. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

LOL, I have that problem too. It is one of the reasons I am thrilled that Auburn is now User controlled. They used to kill me with their spread. Now I hope I can at least have a chance against Bruce80.

17. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Arch', I'm sorry to hear that, man. It certainly hasn't been easy for you of late.

As you offered to me not too long ago, give me a call if you need to talk.

We'll def' discuss something like this soon.

In the meantime, will be advancing early today, which will give you/Goose two days or so to work out a schedule for The Game.

You hearing this, BRUCE80? ;-)

18. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

There was no disrespect intended nor implied. I was simply pointing out that the CPU can be unbeatable with a running QB and a spread no-huddle attack. I would like to think that, while BRUCE80 is a stud player, my opponent being human will be subject to the afflictions that challenge all of us, and thus give me a chance to succeed where I typically fail against a super CPU.

Leave it to egofailure to try and raise some stink in the SEC.

• Like Like x 3
  19. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Goose, i've got this evening or tomorrow and that's about all i've got to work with... I'll be travelling all over the Czech Republic tomorrow Thursday and back to Munich Friday to come home... Then this weekend it'll be out of the question until Sunday night.

20. Goose

Goose Walk On

I can't play tonight at all. We can shoot for tomorrow night, but I don't get home from work until after 6:30 pm est.

21. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Wow... so that's 12:30 my time... This isn't looking good.

22. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Just going to put myself on auto pilot assuming that I won't be able to make it.

23. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I don't have a dog in this fight, and if I step on some toes I apologize. But I think this needs to be a sim so it is at least a coin toss. Goose BigSmooth33 no disrespect or anything but this is a HUGE game and it is almost not fair to let it go down on Auto.

24. Goose

Goose Walk On

I'm cool with playing Smooth/CPU/ or having the game simmed. I've got a shot at the NT on the line. If I lose The Game we have a rematch in the B1G title game.

25. Goose

Goose Walk On

You just don't want me beating the CPU since you've got a lot to gain if I lose the coinflip. I can see where your coming from.