Over-signing

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Dec 20, 2011.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I have felt I've done a good job of keeping tabs on everyone to make sure they are not oversigning, but I did have a problem with fuzzy. He disagreed at first but then I was really impressed with how he took the high road and made the right choice. He'll be removing an offer from a :5star: WR he would've likely signed.

Cougars will have to cut a QB off his board that he would've likely signed as well. :4star:

I've gone and checked and everyone else looks good.

I know things happen - I was over myself this season and by accident signed a :3star: I did not want or need.

I've noticed a loophole - people can say they signed a recruit "by accident" and that they'll cut them. Sounds good in theory, but then people can fill up, offer an extra big-time recruit, and say they "by accident" added a guy they didn't need.

This is CUTTING - the same thing. Taking more than you can handle and cutting a weaker player.

I'd like to believe everyone but it's my job as commish to defend the league. I'm not simply picking and choosing who I apply these rules to- it's everyone. From now on we'll be very strict about over-signing.

Everyone will continue to post their empty spots (# of seniors + empty spots on roster). I will check to verify all of these week 1. Everyone must report which of their guys leave and stay (to adjust the # properly).

This # will be kept sacred, and for fairness purposes, no matter what happens - if you sign a guy by accident, he sticks. Period.

Penalties will be the following for over-offering & oversigning in the future:

Over-offering: If in-season, you must remove a player until you have the proper amount of scholarships. You will lose 2 schollies the following season and be booted for week 1 off-season recruiting. If off-season, you will be done recruiting for the season.

Over-signing: For every player you oversign, you must cut that many players x2 from the TOP of your board. If you over sign one, you must cut 2 :5stars: ; if none, 2 :4stars:, if none ...

I will ultimately judge the situation. If I see you abusing the rules I can add extra cuts. People could have a full class and realize they need a kicker so they "oversign", cut a 5 star, and get the kicker they need. In this scenario, I would have you cut the kicker as well.

The over-signing rules are VITAL to keeping a level playing field. I will be 120% all over this in the future. EVERYONE MUST SIGN AND AGREE BY WEEK 1 SEASON ONE OR BE BOOTED.

I say all this above with the best intentions, I want a fair playing field and I HATE having to tell users they have to cut impact players they are going to sign. What you sign, no matter how it happens, STICKS.

Oshiomogho
    MNoffke
    @BakerWildcat6
    -Cougars-
    fuzzyl0gic
    CoachRedd
    The Natural

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Read and signed~

3. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

4. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Not sure how "VITAL" over signing is in the Pac 12 but i am totally cool with this as we have always done it

but over offering really isnt an issue. If we put out too many offers, we face the risk of oversigning, which already has the harsh punishments. but the user would have to know when to offer and when to drop a player. if they drop a player with an offer, they have no shot at getting the player to sign later on.
    but if its a rule, its a rule

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Signed.

6. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

7. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

SIGNED.... anyone know why the CPU added players to the board and signed. i not once recruited 2 stars and I had some sign. i thought maybe i switched everything to AUTO but when I got home I noticed I did not..

8. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

It automatically happens after the 5th week of recruiting.

9. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish