Overall update on your team....

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

How is your team doing? How are you liking NCAA 13? Pros and cons?

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Well I like NCAA 13 alright. There are major issues but major improvements.

Virginia is really struggling this year. I'm noticing how much TIGHT ENDS help with an offense like mine which uses a lot of two TE sets. :D

I don't have a single half-way decent TE. I don't even really prefer throwing to them but when they can't block worth a hill of beans... Makes it hard to run.

Have lost 3 user games in a row and wouldn't be surprised to lose the 4th in a row tonight which would put me at 4-4 on the season, and likely needing to win out just to not lose a prestige point.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I would say my team has performed above expectations at this point. We don't always win pretty, but we win more than the majority of our games.

Year 1 we were able to beat 5-star programs Auburn and Arkansas, and 6-star LSU. The only losses were to a stacked Bama squad and MaxATX34 with Michael Vick playing QB ;). The bowl win secured a top 5 finish and helped MSU garner its 4-star ranking.

Year 2 did not start off well with losses to Auburn and Virginia, but MSU rebounded in a big way. From weeks 4-8 we beat MaxATX34 A&M, Notre Dame, LSU and reigning champs Maryland ( mboda) . The win against Kentucky insures we are bowl eligible but wins over Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee and Ole Miss will mean a SEC Championship berth. The Bulldogs are also in the National Championship race at #5 in the country and could garner a fifth star with another top 10 finish.

The team is lacking in play makers on the offensive side but the defense has some talented players. With progression and better recruiting we should be on par with some other SEC schools in a few seasons.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

I love NCAA 13

UNC did very bad last year and we were lucky to keep our 4 star prestige. Sitting at 6-3 this season with two user games remaining it is going to be a toss up as to how this season will end. I seem to always lose late which blows my ranking up.

All in all I'm satisfied.

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I love the game as well. By far the best NCAA yet.

I am really impressed with the play of all these Freshman I have starting on Defense. They are really good. OLB, MLB, Nickelback, FS, and DT are all true Freshman and have been assets as opposed to liabilities.

Ready to get to next season and see these incoming recruits!

• Like Like x 1
  6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

My biggest problem is the Heisman Difficulty. It is quite unpredictable and can be down right frustrating. But I guess I can dig the challenge....as the last 3 years we have been destroying the CPU while watching TV on one screen and talking on the phone all at the same time. The gameplay is pretty good. Still the same ole bullshit happens but I am so used to it by now. I hate that it seems like no matter how little time you leave on the clock for your opponent they always manage to move the ball down the field with ease. That might actually be sim....lol.

MIZZ - We have weapons on offense and I am fully taking advantage of that. (dont ask me to name 1 defensive player) I like that we can now throw to wide receivers more consistently now. Running is tougher as it seems that having a good o line is more important that the HB. Henry Josey is great but usually gets nabbed for loss every few downs. My love for DGB is becoming apparent all over the nation, but how often do you come across a 6'6 222 lb speedy WR? He is an amazing deep threat and shows up every game. He recently fell to injury and is out 2 more weeks. He should be back for the Tennessee game. We love all the bad press he has been getting....only helps him.

RECRUITING - I am a bit concerned here as we have mostly been signing mediocre players. Nobody really has stood out to me as a future star. Maybe I need to check. We are signing 2 offensive tackles this season that look good but not amazing. I am hoping to finish this season strong and maybe it will help for next season.

We are 2-0 vs users this year so far with 2 more left. I have 2 terrible losses to Toledo and Syracuse but somehow beat Bama and Florida. Gotta go to UGA in a week....that could be a problem with out my boy :(

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  7. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

As with JMS, Heisman has been a challenge. Ive never played on Heisman before, and it shows with a ton of INTs so far in the first two seasons. Also playing in the ACC it must be a rule that all games are played in the rain. Im not an east coast guy, but surely it cannot rain that often.

NC State has had some talent. David Amerson has been a joy to have on my side, unfortunately he graduates after this season and we have nothing to replace him. Tony Creecy is a stud, but hasnt broken many big plays. And my qb play has resulted in a ton of turnovers. Our first recruit class averaged in the high 60's, nothing to be proud of. This next class is shaping up to be better, but i think the team may take a step back the next year or two. mboda has been a pain in my ass, whooping me by a combined score of roughly 66-3 the first two seasons. He looks to be the team to beat and NC State could be on the outside looking in until we figure out a way to hang with them.

8. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I liked the game a lot more before the patches and tuners came out. If they release another set and it continues to force the gameplay to traditional and spread offenses I don't know how long I will play. If I wanted to play that kind of offense I would buy madden. The only offense I want to run is now screwed. Recruiting is nice. It's fun to dig thru and try to find guys.

9. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    South Carolina is going to be in great shape in the coming seasons. One of the main reasons why I chose them was because they were deep at WR and RB. I had a great recruiting class last season and this season may be better. I'm going to try out the 4-2-5 defense and have been looking for guys that will fit it well.

Now that I have had Connor Shaw and Lattimore for the whole season so far I know what my offense is capable of when the proper talent is there. We are hard to stop basically it's mental mistakes that cause me to lose USER games. I have a handle on the CPU now so I expect to contend for a championship every season.

10. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

The #13 ranked Razerbacks sit at 6-3 after tough losses to NC State, A & M, and Bama. The QB play has settled somewhat as Brandon Mitchell has calmed down and takes what the defense gives him. The 3 headed RB system of Knile Davis, Rich Wingo and bruising HB Kodi Walker has taken over games so far this season following the loss at Bama.

The defense has been solid but they have dropped way too many picks and have yet to mount a serious pass rush this season.

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    MY team blows balls and always seem to miss 3-4 tackles per play...very frustrating...still learning the game though.

Not much in terms of the future...this rebuild will take longer than expected.