***Overdr!ve TOP 25 for the 2015 Season***

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by CharlestonUSC, May 24, 2011.

1. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Welcome to Week 5's TOP 25 Coaches Poll

[​IMG]#2 Ohio St. has dropped a spot this week from number one last week to number two this week. A strong schedule and conference prestige for Florida has propelled them by the Buckeyes and into the top spot. As long as the buckeyes remain undefeated the rest of they way, they should have no problem getting into the title game.

[​IMG]#4 Notre Dame has moved up to number four since the last top 25 in week 3. Strong and convincing performances against quality opponents this season has kept them in the top 5. Notre Dame will need some losses for the teams ahead of them in the polls if they want a shot at the bcs title at seasons end.

[​IMG]#8 Clemson has moved up into the top 10 with strong conference wins against boston college and wake forest. The tigers look to continue their two game win streak against North Carolina in this week's matchup.

[​IMG]#12 Michigan comes in at number twelve this week after edging out penn st in a big ten show down. the wolverines would be ranked higher if not for the slaughter that took place two weeks ago in austin, tx. Michigan still has the opportunity to ruin its rival's, ohio st., shot at a national title at the end of the year.

[​IMG]#6 Miami comes in at number six this week carrying a five game win streak and dominating victories over FCS opponent and conference foe Duke. It is smooth sailing for miami until they meet up with notre dame later in the season.

[​IMG]#17 The Pitt Panthers are at number seventeen this week. Pitt dominated conference foe rutgers last week in convincing fashion to earn this top 20 rating. Pitt has smooth schedule ahead until a week 9 matchup with notre dame.

[​IMG] #24 Navy cracks the top 25 for the first time this year at number twenty three. They are undefeated so far this season and have a shot at beating army and air force to sweep the military games this year.

2. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

updated for week 3

3. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

good stuff Charleston, will you by writing about yourself by the end of the year?

4. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

I seriously doubt it with the talent I've seen on my team so far this year. The schedule doesn't get any easier and I don't have any steroids to give my players.

5. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Looks really good Charleston!! I like it!! I will drop some in the polls after that loss to Miami though, that sucks.

6. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

7. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I have to say, teams are giving us their best punch early this year. If we repeat, we will have definitely earned it b/c my guys keep finding a way to win.

8. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Gwill in the house, could this mean OSU vs Pitt part II??

9. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I think its only fair next year we return the the favor and play in Pittsburgh.

10. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

updated week 5!

11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

ND has cleaned house with their first 2 user games, I wouldn't take us so lightly

12. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Is this poll based off the actual dynasty rankings?

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

[​IMG]

14. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

I take it from the coaches poll from the dynasty website. There is no user influence over these rankings.

15. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

i really don't like this content idea anymore. No one really cares about the top 25 poll and it is too much work to post the different results from both the media and coaches poll. I'm trying really hard to think of something else with a little more excitement or at least better appeal than this idea. I hope to have something in motion by the end of week 8.

16. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

I can agree with you bc the polls are on the game and it's just a waste of your time reiterating it through here when we all know who's ranked what anyway. We all know who's battling for the BCS bowls and who's having a bad year.

17. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I kinda like it. Maybe u dont need to write anything just post the rankings. What I used to do was just cut and paste from the website. That would be fine. Its up to u though. It let's others on TSO get a feel for what is going on in our league.

18. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I think this might be interesting. It's kinda late in the season but it could be fun next year.

Just specialize on 1 or 2 teams a week and write a paragraph and put some stats and goals. Maybe do a mid-season write-up during each team's bye week. It might take a little time but I as well as some other would enjoy reading those. I understand that could be a little time consuming though.

19. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

that is the exact idea i had but that would be hard to work during the first few weeks of the season. We'll get it figured during off season and finish top 25 this season.

20. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Updated for Week8!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Looks like Ohio St and Notre Dame are flip flopping in the two polls!

22. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

i like this.

23. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

you like the flip flopping or the posting of the two polls?

24. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

the setup of the polls.

25. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Yep, now that I can do it this way maybe I will stick to doing this as my content. It is pretty quick and easy and won't take up too much of my time. This way I can focus on the quality of my team content and other side stuff I might try and do randomnly for the league.