Overdrive 2015 Freshman of the Year

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by Fmode11, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Hey guys, I am going to bring some content ideas into Overdrive to try and increase interest on our players. This feature will track our true freshman, no redshirts here, per each team and allow each user to nominate one player from their team as a candidate to win the award. This will be a yearly award that covers offense, defense and special teams. You do not have to nominate a player (you may not have a freshman on the field if your team is so awesome) but it is nice to see the recruiting efforts being recognized in some form or fashion.

If someone would like to step up and also do a segment we could break it down to Offense and Defense awards and then do an overall. I currently track a similar award in the Legacy from year to year if you want to check it out: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/2017-freshman-of-the-year.93345/

For a player to be eligible for this award, the USER must nominate the player in the thread below to be added. Only one player nomination per team.

I will manage tracking stats through this season.

clayandlbf, thecajunnacho78, Raidernation, Cortney Wiggins, C Young, jonskinny12, eberdeeber

I don't know what the coach for G Tech's tag is. Can someone help me out?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  2. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]MLB Thomas Clay - 44 tack 16 tfl 6 sack 1 int 1 ff

[​IMG]

[​IMG]MLB Darren Fraser - 31 tack 12 tfl 3 sack

[​IMG] FS Dan Landry - 32 tack 2 tfl 4 int

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]FS Trey Hall - 22 tack 6 tfl 7 int 1 ff 1 frec

[​IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  3. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

WINNER
    2015 Overdrive
    FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR
    t clay.PNG

Clay Thomas wins this award on a C- defense that finished middle of the pack in the B1G. With the defense spending a lot of time on the field Clay was able to take advantage of the number of reps and pad those stats. Congrats goes out to jonskinny12 on his player's award.

clayandlbf, Raidernation, Cortney Wiggins, C Young, jonskinny12, eberdeeber, AWinkler02

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

Only one? I'm going to need to do some thinking. Indiana has at least 4 (would have been 5 but Bowser got a bad injury) true freshman that start and are putting up some decent numbers, which is part of why we're 5-5.

For now let's go with MLB Thomas Clay who currently has 35 tackles, 11 for loss, 5 sacks, 1 int, and 1 forced fumble. Could change depending on the last couple games as WR Kevin Dorsey is now playing more and we're throwing the ball quite a bit more.

5. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Just let me know which guy you want to put up for vote towards the end. I'm willing to track ONE GUY, like The Legacy. If you have multiple guys feel free to start a thread in here following your individual guys themselves if you have that many.

My question is how you beat Cal with GT but you lose to the CPU here with IU :p . The sliders in this OD are much easier.

6. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

I guess Cal is just that bad. (y)

The difference is that the GT defense is really good (see 10 carries for 1 yard). Throughout this dynasty, Indiana has made a living off playing great defense and controlling the clock with a solid running game. That's how we went undefeated in Big Ten play and won the Rose Bowl a couple seasons ago. This year, the defense is full of freshmen and it shows. The offensive line is also playing worse so I have a hard time establishing the run. Not to mention the Big Ten is better than it was at the beginning of the dynasty. Not making excuses for Indiana, just going through a rebuilding year. And if I can go 6-6 or 7-5 in a rebuilding year at Indiana with a team full of freshmen and sophomores, that's not too bad.

7. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Call isn't that bad. DE Clark just got two BAD roughing the QB penalties, both on failed 3rd downs, that changed the game. I personally would like to see the sliders loosened up a bit but blowing out the CPU isn't always fun.

If I can beat Iowa and win out I some how still have a chance to go to the B1G CCG here. If I could just get a pulse from Cortney Wiggins?

8. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

I was joking, your Cal team is actually really good. Anyway, I really hope you or Iowa goes to (and wins) the B1G CCG. Ohio State already has the Leaders division locked up, unfortunately.

9. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

FS - Trey Hall ...... he leads the nation in something .... ... .. .. SCORE !

10. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Going to be an easy vote with only three nominations....

11. Raidernation

Two pick six's three picks to seal the game .... Hall should be a heisman candidate, this is easy.

12. Raidernation

I should be a phucckin FS scout .... When I pick em, I pick em

13. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

• Like Like x 1
  14. Raidernation

I was banking on Davis being around for a while..... Thompson is Ok has some of the physical tools but he wasn't Washington material. He played on an opportunistic defense that had other standouts that he couldn't out do outside of his freshman year.... I'm looking to scout his brother... Yes it's that serious :D

15. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Was: a thompson.PNG Now: a thompson jnr.PNG
    I believe he has single-highhandedly picked off UW 4 times in 2 games played. Luckily for you, the server left you off Cal's schedule this year. Hopefully I can keep Thompson's numbers down this year so he can come back for his Senior year and wreak havoc all over the Pac-12.​
    Saw you picked off Edge 4x against PSU - How did it feel to be on the positive interceptions side?​

• Like Like x 1
  16. Raidernation

LMFAO !!! The guy can't cover .... When I run aggressive schemes I need him to hold his own. Premium guy though. That fucker bailed on us last minute I was blinded by speed and height, 6'5". Crazy. It's just too bad you'll miss this years QB at WU, next year there will be a Washington freshman OTY at QB.

17. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

He's not back there to cover - just pursue balls in the air or HB around the edge. His speed covers for any lack of coverage skill, as you're well aware. I mean he's only 89 and 6'5" - I wish I could recruit better, but I am trying :oops:

18. C Young

C Young Walk On

Dan Landry, Freshman FS from PSU

25 tack, 1 tfl, 3 int

19. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

*** UPDATED ***

20. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Final Regular Season stats posted.

21. jonskinny12

jonskinny12 Walk On

Indiana probably wouldn't be going bowling without some of the plays that Clay made this year.

22. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

An important bowl to boot. With a #34 ranked recruiting class coming with only 7 current players signed (4 :4stars:though) will be helpful in getting that prestige up.

• Like Like x 1