Overdrive Content

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by ClayRocks, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

We are getting close to the release of NCAA '12 and as I've mentioned here before and probably need to again, we will have content requirements in Overdrive for NCAA '12. That being said, it seems the league is gaining traction, we have a good core group, we need to start nailing down some content responsibilities and practicing for when 12 is released.

So, I'll list a few options here. If you have other ideas feel free to bring them up here. Let's start the discussion.

- Weekly Top 25 Poll
    - The Heisman Race
    - Players of the Week
    - Top Playes of the Week
    - Power Rankings
    - User Predictions
    - Freshman of the Year
    - College Gameday (I have a template for this)

Find something that suits you and claim it. Make it your own and have fun with it.

2. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

C'mon guys, don't leave me hagin' here!

3. pnc

pnc Walk On

I can do the Heisman race.

4. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'm all for doing content, but I'm not sure if I will be in Overdrive next year, I like to do Power Rankings. I'll definitely start up on content for my team as well with game summaries and recruiting news. I'm looking forward to next season.

5. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

That's cool so far...all I can ask for for now I guess. We'll nail down next years roster at a later date. But, if u plan to be here next year, it would be really cool if u guys could add to this years (ncaa 11) content.

6. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

I could do user predictions. I won't have it rolling full speed till next year though

7. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

i've got a few ideas but i'm mulling them over. once i get it narrowed down i'll post it here and see what everyone thinks. hopefully something by the end of today possibly.

8. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

sounds good

9. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

So far we have:

PNC - Heisman Race

ajtev21 - User Predictions

CharlestonUSC - Top 25

JasonKapono - Power Rankings

jtthirtyfour - Plays of the Week (video highlights)

C Young - Game of the Week

Cocky Marine - Freshman of the Week/Year

BigKing - Worst Performer of the Week

@gwill
    @Ragz1
    @Nautica

What say you??

Here are some of the ideas I came up with:

- Top Performers/Players of the Week
    - College Gameday (I have a template for this)

Starting this year, and it will be a end of year thing, I am going to start an Overdrive Hall of Fame. Each year, after the season we will hold a vote for the years top players and induct them into our Hall of Fame.

Also, I will start up the "College Gameday" for the remainder of NCAA 11 but would like someone to step up to take it over for 12. I really like it and the possibilites for it are unlimited. Who ever gets it can change it up and make it your own.

We need to have this set up soon. Content has been lax in Overdrive and it is my fault, but that needs to and will change. Content will be a requirement soon. And this means not only completeing your portion of the weeks content, but also be present on the forums in topics, polls, and other random discussions.

Also, not getting games played in a timely manner or at all will be handled in a stricter manner moving forward. We have been laid back in this area for a while but interest in NCAA 12 is creating more interest in Overdrive and we want the best group of dedicated members possible.

There, I'm done and off my soap box. By no means are the ideas listed above for weekly content the only ones available, come up with your own, look around at other leagues. Let's get Overdrive going guys!

Clay

10. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I am going to be going back to school in the fall and most of my content duties are going to have to be directed towards the E. Like I said before, i'll be posting everyday but being able to do content will be far and few between.

11. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I realize you are in another dynasty but you are also in this one. We also will require content. I am also in a "Premier" dynasty and will have content requirements there. I don't think it's too fair for one member to be excluded from creating and provinding content which is the life blood of the dynasty.

12. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I'll try my best, but I can't promise anything. I can promise that I'll get my games in, and I'll be posting everyday.

13. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I need you to pick a "topic" and commit to it. Come up with one of your own or one listed.

14. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Can't wait to see gameday. I've been playing around with highlights but can't seem to get it to work yet. I'll need to do some research. Also I think power rankings are cool, but with all the new users, I dont know if anyone has a good grip on how to rate anyone besides Rating Clemson low for bowl week.

15. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

LOL..that's for sure. That damn coach can't win the big game to save his life!! He own's the hell outta Pitt though! :)

I can help you with the highlights, that was part of Gameday at one point and can be again.

16. BigKing

Ouch. I'm still rebuilding. I'll save my user gaurantee content section for 12.

17. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'll start with power rankings, and make week 2's rankings tomorrow

18. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Sounds good Jason, thanks.

19. jtthirtyfour

jtthirtyfour Walk On

how do video highlights work for games? are people going to upload their video highlights of the top plays in their games to the EA site? if someone lets me know how that works i can give it a shot, i've got some experience working w/video stuff.

20. BigKing

Kapona is just looking to shaft Pitt in the rankings.

21. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

The way I've done it and seen it done in the past is, everyone loads their top played to ea and then you would create a top plays montage or individual videos and upload them to youtube. Then u can imbed them into the forum.

22. C Young

C Young Walk On

I can do the weekly Top 25 poll - and the BCS Poll once it comes out.

23. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Ok, thanks C Young.

@CharlestonUSC

I know you did a Preseason Top 120 Poll, do you wanna call dibs on Top 25? If not, it is yours C Young.

24. jtthirtyfour

jtthirtyfour Walk On

I can do that if people upload video highlights. i was just messing around with it and you can pull them off the dynasty site pretty easily and get them on youtube, you dont even need to upload them to the EA locker thing. see test video below

25. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Cool, didn't know you could do that. How does that work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.