Overdrive File Error

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by ClayRocks, May 27, 2011.

1. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

OK guys, something happend with our dynasty file tonight. I don't know what happened but from talking with other people around here, it has happened before. It is possible we can recover the file, BigKing had it saved. I am working on getting things back up. Here's what you guys can do,

1. If you can get into the dynasty, retire from it. As soon as we get everyone retired I can re-invite everyone.

2. Don't shoot the messenger :)

The guys with all the experience and know-how are not online right now and I have to get up early for work in the am. I'm gonna try a little longer though.

Hopefully we can get things resolved and not have to start the dynasty over, but at least it was early this season and late in the NCAA 11 year. UGH. I'm sorry guys, don't know what else to tell ya.

Clay

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Ok im at work now, ill retire around 1.

3. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

OK, I was able to get the two users who were left in the dynasty to attempt to retire, but it didn't work. I'm gonna send out invites to join the league. Everyone accept the invites.

I am not sure if this will work or not, but lets try to get our week 4 games and recruiting in, attempt to advance and hope for the best. So join when you get your invite and play your game when you can. I apologize if it doesn't work and this is a waste of time, but right now it is the only thing I know to try. I will be contacting the mods of this site who have experince with this as soon as they are available.

Thanks,

Clay

4. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

See what happens when Charleston wins a game, the system goes crazy....

For what's it's worth, I'm not too worried. We are headed into 12, and if we have to go back to 11 it would be a lot closer to 12 then the rosters are now. Sorry Temple and Kentucky.

5. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Well as unfortunate as that sounds, it is possible we would have to start over. That wouldn't change what we r doing here on the forum though.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens after week 4.

6. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

lol I'm sorry I won a game guys! Win one goddamn game and it sends the whole damn universe into chaos!

7. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Hey guys, when you play your week 4 games, (if you like) play them as many times as you need in an attempt to recreate what originally happened.

8. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Charleston, anything weird happen when u played your game?

9. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Yeah I almost lost to fucking CMU! I got my ass kicked all game long and then managed to win by one damn point. I was trying to be angry about it but only ended up laughing at the irony of the entire situation. I was like, "the CPU really has a hard on for S Car sucking if it will sabatoge my dynasty file and then put CMU on 'roids!"

lol good times in the dynasty! I was really only going to be pissed because of the write ups i did for CMU and the preview for auburn.

10. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I saw that write up bc I went to the wire before I got on the xbox. Wow man. First let me say great job. Don't let this little blip disourage you. I would have threw out the results and let u play them again if u had lost. ;)

11. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

lol i'm just glad i had the stories already posted!

12. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

so whats new with the file download? are we good now?

13. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Don't know if we r good yet. Everyone needs to replay their game and when we advance to the next week hopefully we will be good.

14. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Oh wow i thought we were out of the woods b/c it was working... Guess it is just a waiting game now. Is there any explanation for how or why this happened clay?

15. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Hope...I've messages two of the mode and they r getting back to me. One did say this exact thing happened in another dynasty here.

So where we r right now is, we need to get week 4 games played, try to advance. I don't know what will happen when we try to.advance or if it will advance. We r not out of the woods yet.

Thanks for eveyones patience, believe me im doing everything I can to get back up and running where we left off.

16. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Oops, autocorrect got me again..I meant nope not hope.

17. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

If we can't salvage the file we could do a custom conference OD with the alumni file

18. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

what is the alumni file? And what type of custom conference would we be talking about?

19. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Any updates?? I see that not everyone is back in the league yet, let alone finished their games.

20. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

We still need about 4 people to re-join the dynasty and re-play their games and recruit. I know Nautica wont be around until Tuesday, but the rest of us need to get week 4 played and try to advance to week 5 to see if the dynasty is back up and running or not.

I sent out invites to the league.

21. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

No updates. Just a wait and see at this point. Only thing I know to do right now. I work again tomorrow but am off Monday. Hopefully we can attempt to advance at the latest by tomorrow night.

22. pnc

pnc Walk On

I lost the first game so its not fair for me to try and win it again. Ill put myself on ready to advance and take my beating thru the computer.

23. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Ok that's up to.u.

24. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Honestly PNC I would play the game again. I beat CMU thoroughly the first time and almost lost during the rematch. If you get a second chance to knock off florida you should take it. The little guys in our division need all the help we can get bro. You and me have got to take over this division and dominate the other four teams.

25. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Speaking of pnc I'm at the four points in cranberry. Where is a good place for drinks