Overdrive Future

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by The Richuation, Feb 12, 2011.

?

Are you committed to continue with Overdrive?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

@gwill

Guys,

I wanted to try to be honest here and get your honest feedback. We are now about to wrap year 3 of Overdrive and it has been a very difficult 3 seasons for me as a commissioner. Mainly, the turnover has been brutal and with new people coming and going it has stunted the growth of relationship building in the league. Besides that, we do have some great people here and I wanted to check the pulse of the league before we continue into another offseason.

How do you feel about the league?
    Are you anxious to advance and play your game each week or has it become more of a chore?
    What can we do to improve our league?
    Most importantly, do you want to continue? Please vote in the poll.

Now is the time to speak up... let me know your thoughts.

**EDIT**

And guys, if you are not interested in continuing, it's ok. I just need to know how many people we have. Judging by the silent forum here, it seems like interest is waining.​

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Hey there guys, it would suck to see another league fall I really hope you guys stay on board. All leagues have a little TO for one reason or another, even "Premier" Leagues have it. Its the strength of a league's core group, and the strength of a leader is what makes a league, and is what keeps it running. I would like to see you guys stay afloat even if it is with 8 members. With the amount of guys you have, maybe all going into one conference like the SEC or the ACC would spark enough competition to re-energize this league, just spit-balling some ideas for you guys.

3. williatr

williatr Walk On

I'm still very interested in the league been here since the beginning. I know turnover has been tough on you Rich, and hopefully we can keep it going.

4. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

1. I love the league and hope it continues strong until 2012 is released and we can pick it up with that game.
    2. I am anxious for the advance each week.
    3. I think turnover is part of it. Maybe once someone drops we just continue with what we have, which would hopefully leave us with the most dedicated players.

I obviously want the league to continue but I've seen how turnover has been rough on you commish. Are you still having fun being commish and playing in the league Rich? I know you asked earlier about someone taking the commish job from you.

5. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Ok, well that makes 3 of us willing to keep this thing going... lets see if anyone else steps up.

6. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I do still enjoy playing my games. I am interested to see if I can get Michigan to where I want to get them, which is back to 6 stars and top 5 every year. So, I am still in if we have people interested in coming back

7. C Young

C Young Walk On

Hey Rich,

As a newcomer I'm excited as hell to keep this thing going - turnover happens but when I came I was looking for a core grp of dedicated players. Talking Smack, user games, recruiting battles are all what makes this game exciting to play with others. I'm down to keep playing for awhile - especially trying to make my team relevant from a Top 25 perspective!

8. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I do enjoy playing in this league.. But, with just joining The Deuce I haven't had as much time to focus on this league as much as I've wanted to. I'm going to have to drop out for next season. Sorry guys, I've really enjoyed this league.

9. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

10. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

So how many committed guys are there here?

11. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Wow...3 no's..that stinks. I'm all in

12. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Rich, as per our conversation last week, I retired this afternoon. Good luck to everyone....I had a good time for my 2 seasons. Thanks boys.

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I am probably going to be in need of a few guys, C Young has already contacted me. If the guys who are sticking around would please contact me, I will probably have space for you guys.

14. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

i'm in for the long haul. after taking a break from NCAA, this league is becoming a favorite for me.

15. Brian202202

Brian202202 Walk On

I'll come back and hopefully my connection works lol

16. gwill

any word on the future?

17. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

The league is down to 7 people at this time as we have just lost Ohio State and Nebraska. It would appear to be another rebuilding mode for the league.

18. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

@clayandlbf

Should I send you the file? Are you going to take over here?

At this point, I think I will give up control of the league and step down altogether. Believe me, I have worked to keep this thing going and at this point of the year, I think it going to be difficult to gather any steam. This is my farewell.

Clay, your move...

19. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Yes. Send me the file. Sure you don't wanna continue on in the league? If not, it's been fun man. Hopefully we can atleast keep the league going with whoever wants to still play.

Looks like we are just waiting on Miami to play thier game at this point.

20. C Young

C Young Walk On

Clay,

See if we can get some new members involved - some new blood may be exactly what we need...some excitement around it

21. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Good idea and I agree, I will post in the New Member forum that we have some spots open. It may take me a little while to figure this commish thing out but hopefully we can get this league back up to 12 and keep it rolling until 2012 drops.

22. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

I think the league is great love the chance to play vs some good sim gamers. My son was born on Saturday so needless to say my attention has been elsewhere but I'm ready to roll for season 4 and beyond.

23. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

No problem man and congrats!! I havn't gotten control of our forum yet but when I do I'll post in the New Member area to try and get us some more players.

24. gwill

hey clay, i was wondering would it be okay by you and the other members if I could switch to Ohio State seeing they are my favorite team and they are open. my class at Alabama was mostly computer wrapped up minus 1-2 players so I have no real commitment there.

25. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Thats fine with me. We are gonna try to get through the offseason this weekend if possible. If you would, go the the "Offseason" thread and vote to let me know which day this weekend is good for you.