**Overdrive Latest News** 2012

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by ClayRocks, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

• Like Like x 1
  2. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

clayandlbf, please keep in mind ill be out of commission the entire month of august so please give me the minimum amount of user vs user games. ;)

3. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

OK. I have a trial schedule up. Now, keep in mind, my only goal in creating this particular schedule was to get users the most user games while trying to keep things equal.

Equal number of user games is not going to be possible. At least this year. I would like to be able to give teams the most user games possible. The way this schedule worked out, 8 teams have 5 user games and the rest have 4.

The other way I tried it, 10 teams had 4 user games and 2 had only 3. This means more CPU games which is not what our dynasty is about. I personally get tired of playing against the CPU, even if I do lose most of my user games. :)

Thoughts?

I would like to be able to schedule us the most user games possible, the way I did in this schedule. Unless we have some objections to this.

I keep the schedules year after year, and like in NCAA '12, I will try to alternate the teams with the fewest user games to keep things as fair as possible.

(I haven't done any balancing of Home vs Away games, and I know there are too many OPEN dates.)

BigKing Cocky Marine Magoo C Young Erik the Red jonskinny12 dj illmatic 23 Raidernation eberdeeber WreckEm27 Chris Rouse

4. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I just posted Clemson's 2012 Season Preview. Each team needs to have this posted before the start of each season. Feel free to do more with yours than mine. But at a minimum I need your scholarship numbers.

5. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

BigKing Magoo Cocky Marine C Young eberdeeber jonskinny12 dj illmatic 23 WreckEm27 Chris Rouse Erik the Red Raidernation

The Dynasty has been launched and invites sent. If it asks for a password, it is "overdrive". C Young , I tried to send it to you but it said you didn't have an EA account. I'll try again, just to make sure.

We will stay in Pre-Season until Tuesday (7/24) morning when I get home from work. If more time is needed, let me know.

We need to decided on a set of sliders. I've tested DJ's and so far they seem good. I need more input on this, otherwise, we are going with his. Also, from what I've read, the majority of us like "Slow" gamespeed and "0" speed threshold, so we will also be going with that.

Everyone, please join as soon as you can so I can start on custom schedules. The trial schedule I posted earlier is not going to work. I didn't take into account the 9 game conference schedules

If you didn't get an invite, let me know.

6. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

clayandlbf do we create ourselves as coach or use the actual coach?

7. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

No. Use the existing coach.

8. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

I'm creating me as the coach, because I'm badass.

9. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Keep in mind if coach's contracts is turned off, you have no way of raising your prestige. It will stay a D no matter what you do, but you're a badass so...

10. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

dj illmatic 23 wats ya sliders lookin like ? ..... The slow game speed scares me:eek:

11. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

You can find them here:
    forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/heisman-sliders.80070/page-2

12. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Are you sure about that?

13. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Yes. If you go to "my school" under recruiting it tells you your pitch grade, how to improve it, and what it effects. The only way to increase coaching prestige is to accomplish contract goals which we won't have, and your player's progression is linked to this grade as well.

14. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I did turn coaching contracts off.

15. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

so are we stuck with the team we choose or do we have the option of finding another job after a few years (maybe a crappy school in hopes of uplifting a program?) just'a curious thats'a all

16. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

not a fan of the two open weeks in the early schedule make up. Also I like having a few user games but i also like the idea of having to play out season to maybe get a shot at someone. wouldn't mind atleast one cpu nonconference game (maybe even let us pick what teams we want to have home and homes with). I like the idea of 3 user games and the higher possibility of us all meeting up in bowl games or challenging for bcs rankings. don't want someone with 4 straight user games to start the season not to have a chance to get in any kind of groove with his team and already is out of everything.
    and with 3 or 4 user games a season we won't have to spend as much time waiting for users to get together?

I don't know I might be the only one who thinks like this. but I'm a sim-ish guy even when it comes to schedules :)

17. BigKing

This explains why FSU's prestige never increased last year even with the Championships, Heisman winners, and all americans. DJ I'm beginning to think you know way too much about this game.

18. Raidernation

Told y'all that shit last year when I was one of the only one to create a coach in Miami created coaches = :doodie:

19. BigKing

Didn't seem to effect the Seminoles.

20. C Young

C Young Walk On

Maybe its b/c I haven't opened the game yet lol....I'll put it in right now and see what the deal is.

21. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

22. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

23. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

It looks like we are waiting on eberdeeber and Erik the Red to complete their pre-season stuff. We will be advancing when I get home from work in the morning guys, you have until then.

24. Raidernation

I'll lead off with some conspiracy slash controversy by saying CcAaRrSsOoNn3's rosters are the ones we should have went with, they are the most up to date. The ones we're using have my Top CB at 84 speed SMH, there are a few other corrections that don't just effect me. Its cool it give me an excuse on why I might lose to BigKing tomorrow. :cool:

25. BigKing

Might?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.